What do you Hate / Love about facebook games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wossname, Mar 4, 2011.

1. wossname

wossname Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    iOS app dev
    Arizona
    interested in what?

2. wossname

Feb 27, 2011
    iOS app dev
    Arizona
  3. Sandrem

Sandrem Active Member

Mar 4, 2011
    I can guess that.

4. Lanishery

Lanishery Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    The figure will rise.

5. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #25 eev, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    for friends there are real life, phones and ims. Southpark did perfect job of laughing at all these social platforms. :D

6. natejeevas

natejeevas Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Student
    Not USA
    If this is going to be facebook game, then maybe I could have a thing I love about facebook game.

7. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

Beyond being boring, repetitious, and pretty much like having a part-time job, Facebook games are also an incredibly bad idea for anyone who needs to maintain some semblance of professionalism with their online presence.

8. wossname

Feb 27, 2011
    iOS app dev
    Arizona
    I'm guessing this is being built with unity. They have a browser export that would work well with fb games.

9. Lanishery

Lanishery Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Let me help you. The guy meant ppl are interested in games there not facebook only.

10. johnberry

johnberry Active Member

Mar 8, 2011
    computer
    rarely play it

actually, i rarelly play any facebook game cause i think it's a waste of time unless many of my friends are playing it and invite me to play it with them. For me, facebook is a good social communication platform where i can get my friends' latest news and information. Meh..maybe playing facebook games with friends can deepen our relationship regardless of whether the game is boring or not.

11. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I don't like having to let the game access my wall, then add 5 million friends to get to the next level etc.
    Also, if I'm going to play casual games, I'll do so on my iPod. If I'm at home where I have access to FB, I may as well play a real game on PC or PS3.

12. wossname

Feb 27, 2011
    iOS app dev
    Arizona
    I mostly agree with this. I play real games if I'm on a computer. It's one of the reasons I want to take some of the concepts that aren't total shit and implement them into our next iOS project.

13. divjapps

divjapps Member

Feb 17, 2011
    #33 divjapps, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
    I loved playing farmville. The best part of it was i did not have to be on it 24x7 to play it. I just needed to be on time to harvest :)
    But i did not like it posting messages on my fb homepage. sometimes my entire homepage would be nothing but farmville posts.

14. natejeevas

natejeevas Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Student
    Not USA
    Hmm, so it's eiter farmville or cityville, huh? I thought there will be more variations, especially coming from gaming forum. Well Zynga, way to go, I guess? C:

15. wossname

Feb 27, 2011
    iOS app dev
    Arizona
    I have to say that the Dragon Age Legends facebook game is pretty much everything I hate about facebook games. Bioware sure is turning into a lump of ass lately.