What game do you hate that everyone else loves?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SkyMuffin, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Oh cool another "I hate everything that is popular" thread, it's been awhile since we've had one of these.

2. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    #22 csklimowski, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    deleted

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Zenonia I find it unplayable.

4. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Y'all are a bunch of haters! Don't hate the playa, hate the game . . . wait, what?:confused:

5. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Tilt to live
    Cut the rope!
    Pocket frogs
    Doodle army
    Angry birds
    Smurfs
    Fruit ninja

6. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I hate the way a game like angry birds stays over better games in the charts, which makes me hate angry birds, even though I liked it when I played it.

It's weird I know. I guess I hate that the majority of iOS users prefer casual games.

7. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Okay so I hate Angry Birds as much as the next but the truth is most people who play iPhone games are not hardcore gamers. I see soccer mom's playing Angry Birds while waiting for there kids practice to be over. I see little kids playing it on there mom's phone while waiting to be seating at a restaurant. There are millions of iPhone owners out there and I'd have to say the majority of them didn't buy the iPhone to play hardcore games.

8. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Tilt to live
    Spider

9. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    True but bear in mind most of the people with angry birds don't even buy another game ever I know several people with iphones that only have angry birds. I don't know how they all end up with it but seriously they have no other games or any interest in them at all that's why it kind of amusing everyone is trying to compete with it.

Trying to market games to the same crowd just won't work they aren't watching.

10. funkyflychicken

funkyflychicken Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    #30 funkyflychicken, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
    I don't hate Angry Birds, but I agree it is way overhyped. It's simple, it's fun for a while. But it gets old pretty fast, because it IS overly simple, and the main draw imo for the casuals to that particular one is the "charm" in the sounds and artwork. But then again, that's the bottom line for all successful casual games - it needs a cute hook to draw people in, and it can't be too difficult or have much complexity. Since they are so cheap tho, that's not always a bad thing - they are "Disposable Games" to me (as opposed to a "Keeper" that will stay on my console/device indefinately). Nothing wrong with the casual market per-se, but I hate when games with more depth are slammed for being too complex or having too much going on, because I think there could be just as much of a market for those games on these devices. Not everything needs to be "dumbed down" for the one-tap/swipe crowd.

Here are my picks so far:
    1) Ravensword. I couldn't get into it. Found it so lacking and boring, even though I appreciated the effort and attempt the devs put into it. But I wouldn't play that game on any other system. And I don't treat my iPod's games any different than I do on the PSP, PS3, PC, or whatever... a lacking game is a lacking game no matter what the platform.

2) Pocket Legends. TA and so many sites raved over this game, the developers were/are supposedly working on a PC version of it, but I felt it was a chore after the first week of playing (once the novelty of playing online with others on my iPod wore off, the lacking gameplay again rears it's ugly head). How they think that game will be anything near success on the PC is beyond me. Pocket Legends is no breakthrough MMORPG. It's a completely linear, completely repetitive, online co-op hack and slash.

My pick for a game that isn't so popular, but I wish/think it should be, is Dungeon Defenders: First Wave and I hope with future patches and coverage by more websites, it gets the attention it deserves. On the cross platform side of things, it wipes the floor with Pocket Legends. PL Can't hold a candle to the depth and gameplay of DD:FW.

11. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Angry Birds and age of zombies. Cut the rope and minigore are way better in terms of gameplay and charm.

12. funkyflychicken

funkyflychicken Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Who said it was hating everything popular? Was that a joke, or a sarcastic swipe at the original poster for making this thread? It's hard to tell on the internet, but if it wasn't in jest seems rude imo.

I think this is good for finding out what game I might have loved that someone else hated, and see their reasoning for it (and vice-versa). I haven't seen a thread like this since I've been back reading this site a lot lately (more time available for me to read the articles and forums).

I'm surprised to see all the Pocket Frogs comments here, because I didn't get that one either. I didn't post it in my list though because it was already mentioned so much. But coming to this thread, I can see that the Pocket Frogs phenomenon didn't hit with everyone...lol. I thought I was missing something, the way everyone was trading frogs like the world depended on it!

Me, I hopped around for a few minutes, bred some frogs, logged out. Came back, repeated, and said, "Seriously? People are loving this?!?!" And then came the delete.

I can see where Angry Birds got it's original popularity, however, as I enjoyed that one greatly for what it was. I'm just surprised to see it still sitting there at the top!

13. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

Pocket god... I couldn't stand that app. >\

14. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Me neither.

And nice user name. :D

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I really don't see how you can hate a game..

It's either boring and I delete it, or I keep it until I finish it, and then delete it.

16. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Same here! Weird waste of time/money. Entertaining to family for about 5 mins.
    like this: :mad:

17. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Someone is forcing you with a gun to play.

18. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    #38 Alienmario, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
    and fruit ninja
    ED: kinda infinity blade- I only like it because it was first with UE3 and good graphics

19. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Tilt to live I dont even need to play it to know that I hate it :p

same goes for Minigore.

20. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

Thanks. ^.^