What game do you hate that everyone else loves?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SkyMuffin, Dec 23, 2010.

1. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Doodle Jump

2. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Shame on you!

3. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Don't blame him. JCS is quite a frustrating game :p

Shame on you for getting Phoenix Wright!

4. tocameelarcade

tocameelarcade Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Whatttt? even the demo is awesome:D
    well for me is Flight controllll, its kind of boring and repetitive

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lol it's boring as hell. Even multiplayer is boring. Not sure why it always got so much coverage on TA..there was an article with every new update.

6. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Haha, PW isn't bad. I still prefer Broken Sword though.

7. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    angry birds o-v-e-r-r-a-t-e-d!!!!!!

8. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    #69 funkynubman, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
    1. Infinity Blade- Sure the graphics are amazing, but the on-rails 20-minute long story gets repetitive, playing the same story over and over again...

2. Angry Birds- It's such a complete rip-off of the NOW less-popular online game Crush the Castle, I feel guilty playing it.

3. Modern Combat 2- The voices are crap, the story is stupid, the AI enemies are EXTREMELY stupid, and the multiplayer is unrealistic (if you're a higher level than someone else, you can kill with a couple shots of the same gun it takes them a full magazine to kill you).

4. Doodle Jump- That's right, the Doodle Jump. You know why? It stole all the thunder from its obvious inspiration, PapiJump, without crediting it once. Doodle Jump is not the original. I repeat, not, the original. Arrgh. I'm sorry, PapiJUmp, I will avenge you.

Some games I love but others hate:

Enviro-Bear 2010: A game made purely for ridiculous humor, many gamer nerds can't appreciate a game like this instead of some 3d-super-space-shooter.

Kometen: In this unique game you are a comet floating around space finding planets and learning about life. Again, people don't understand it because they look at it as a game, not as a story. You know, those reviews, like "Uh, so boring, you don't even do anything, wheres the zombies, OMG."

Imp or Oaf: This game, last time I checked, had a rating of 2.5 stars. I was confounded. How could people rate so badly a game that was made for children, a silly little guess-what-it-is game with charming art and even a super-catchy theme song? Even I played it and enjoyed it. Yet again, teenage nerds who think every game that doesn't have guns is boring!

9. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

I liked it for a while but to me, it got repetitive and I soon grew bored of it. It's a matter of taste, and I enjoy games with more variety. For a racing game, I'd pick something more along the lines of Real Racing or GT Racing because there are a multitude of environments and car types, and an in-depth career. Maybe I need to get hung up on simple games more often. :p Recently downloaded Angry Birds despite the negative hype.

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I hate your loves but I love your hates!(except IB, yeah I hate it too.)

11. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Dungeon Defenders: First Wave.

I found it clumsy and uninspiring.

Unreal 3 Engine implementation, in DD:FW also underwhelmed me, on iPad.

12. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Pah-leeze... I've been playing Dungeon Defenders: First Wave on my iPod touch for the last few days, and I think it's one of the best tower defense games in the App Store. And once the updates are released, it'll be even better. It's not the kind of game you can just impatiently dive into. It takes a few minutes to familiarize yourself with all of the deep gameplay features. And the graphics are adorable, and highly detailed.

13. czarro77

czarro77 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Mental Health
    Houston, Tx
    Any and all endless running games.

14. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    You obviously haven't played Run Like Hell.

15. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    There are things called opinions, which you should acknowledge.

For example, while I completely disagree with your tirade against Canabalt (which may have been fuelled by your humiliation in the pricing argument) I acknowledge it is your opinion and respect that.

16. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Couldn't agree more. All these threads do is cause trouble.

17. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Nope. I'm right. He's wrong.

:rolleyes:

I respect Pacificsun0481's opinion. I just disagree with it.

18. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    #80 seyoon, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
    I was the first in my Game Center friends to finish all Achievements with this game. But when I heard that ChAIR is planning to sell gold as an in-app purchase to rake in more cash ala Zynga or NGMOCO, I felt sick to my stomach. I thought they were a rogue true blue indie gamer dev team. Then the nail was placed on the coffin how cash hungry they are after Mark Rein complained about the trend of sales in the App Store. This was knee jerk sour graping because Infinity Blade climbed down from the sales charts. I stopped playing this awesome graphics yet repetitive gameplay. :(