What game do you hate that everyone else loves?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SkyMuffin, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Tthursday

Tthursday New Member

Nov 28, 2010
    1. Angry Birds - cute characters and an original but underdeveloped story. Is there anything else here?
    2. Plants vs. Zombies - I don't think any top-rated game has bored me so quickly;
    3. Need for Speed Shift - killed everything that made Undercover fun;
    5. Doodle Jump;
    6. BFBC2 - atrocious controls ruin the whole experience;
    7. Most tower defense games, though I think Dungeon Defenders is underrated.

And I never played Pocket Frogs, but I don't think I'd like that either. :(

2. SLDROFHLA

SLDROFHLA Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I hate:

NOVA-Never could get into the campaign, I found it very boring. Also, the multiplayer sucked, so ya.

MC2: Again, the campaign sucked as did the multiplayer.

Zen Bound: shouldn't even be called a game. Sure, you can argue it's "art" but there's so many other games out there (canabalt, limbo) that are both so-called "art" and great games

Angry Birds: I'm not saying this is particularly bad, it just gets me upset that it remains #1 for so long when there are so many better games.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I know it's just your opinion, but I would flame you so hard that it burned through your flame suit if this wasn't what the thread was for. Only the last one is appropriate. But yeah, you're in something smaller than a minority on a 'couple' of the other points.

4. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    You have to understand that the small screen of the device ruins FPSing for many people. A slow, laggy, buggy, glitchy multiplayer experience doesn't help the cause.

5. sandy_1988

sandy_1988 Active Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Kolkata, India
    Infinity Blade: Extremely pretty graphics, but this game lacks depth. Period.
    Aralon: Sorry to say, but this game feels unfinished.
    Angry Birds: I wanna hurl birds on Angry Birds. This is the game representation of whatever is n00b.

This much for now. :p

EDIT:
    Tilt To Live: Is that really a game? Mad times.

6. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Angry Birds. The first day I was addicted, now its nothing.
    Angry Birds Seasons. They're just asking for more money.

The other seems to have skipped my mind, I'll add them later when they come back to me.

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lol I don't know, I like them more than cs on the pc and halo on the 360. I have a 4th gen and good internet, so I don't experience any of those issues either.

8. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Someone start a new thread or change the title to "most overhyped/overrated iphone games" Then we'll talk.

9. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Gotta be Angry Birds. Well I just can't get into it.

10. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    yeah Angry Birds is getting a little too much success for what it is, I'm sure the dev is happy for that. Personally I'm finding apps that are similar in gameplay but with a different theme to be more enjoyable (Crush the Castle, Toyshot...) I don't know what it is, but after a minute those birds start to annoy me. I've never been able to sit there and play Angry Birds for longer than 5 minutes at a time. But I wouldn't call it a bad game, its just not a #1 good for 8 months type game, thats how I feel about it, like most of you do.

11. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    - Dungeon Hunter 2
    - Game Dev Story
    - Angry Turds
    - Tilt to Live
    - Doodle Jump
    - Chaos Rings
    - Fruit Ninja
    - Phoenix Wright
    - Zen Bound
    - Aralon: Sword and Shadow

12. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    You know what, I'm waiting for Angry Birds TD. That I think I could go for. A game with some mean towers to take out all the birds that keep flying in.

@last poster. Gotta agree with you about Zzzzzzzzen Bound. What a snoozefest. Phoenix Wright was overpriced and could have been better. Tilt to Live got way too much praise, I played it twice and deleted it.

13. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Hate to say it but Aralon. I was waiting forever and a day for it...but it doesn't feel...right? it feels like I'm playing an alpha version of the elder scrolls 1. It's ok for an iOS RPG, but it's evident that the devices are ready for a full world with infinity blade graphics and aralon style gameay. Until then the two games are like small tech demoes. When you can load aralon up and just walk into an actual gorgeous landscape, and not a good looking game landscape then we can talk.

14. MelonMasher

MelonMasher Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Petroleum Logistics Scheduler
    Texas
    1. Veggie Samurai HD, don't know why, but slicing veggies just wasn't as fun as slicing Fruit.

2. Chopper 2 - controls just never felt right.

3. Street Fighter IV - mainly cause I'm forced to play this game 2x on the iPad.

4. Cut the Rope - just got frustrated with all the exact timing and larger puzzles requiring to restart way back (could have used check points). I finally just stopped playing.

5. Real Racing HD - just not into sim racing no matter how good it looks. Hoping the new RR2 HD for iPad will improve for the more arcade crowd.

15. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Real racing.

My god. Worst game ever.

Real Racing 2 is significantly better, but still not great.

16. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    The Real Racing series is a sim racing game, not an arcade racer...

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Infinity Blade. Most stupid game with nice gfx that I ever saw.

18. Kubba

Kubba Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Hate is far too strong a word for a game.
    That said, I don't like:
    iBlast Moki. I just don't get what's so fun about it
    Jelly Car. I suck at it. It's too hard for me
    Red Conquest. WAY too confusing
    Any of the Tap Tap Revenges. They don't hold my attention
    Super Monkey Ball 2. Gets pretty repetitive
    Chaos Rings/Infinity Blade-these games are so similar, it's not even funny. Crazy hype, but they end up being shallow games where you constantly have to play through the same thing. They both have incredible eye candy though
    Rage-I am not a fan of on the rails shooters

19. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I agree some popular games are overrated.

But there is one iOS "game" that is truly crap. And that is the one dollar abortion called POCKET GODS. Why is it so horribly bad IMO? Well, unlike the other overrated apps mentioned in this thread, POCKET GODS doesn't simply have bad gameplay, or boring gameplay. It has ZERO gameplay. Bleh.

20. sandy_1988

sandy_1988 Active Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Kolkata, India
    #100 sandy_1988, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
    Agreed. Adding to my list. :p

EDIT: Sorry, I see it has been listed as an entertainment app in App Store. So, technically it's not a game.