What game would you like to see ported to app store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by js1210, Jan 25, 2011.

1. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Slave to the public education system
    Right behind you, with the machete raised
    A REAL Castlevania game. Mybe, Dracula's Curse or an updated Belmont's Revenge.

2. NightHawk64345

NightHawk64345 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Student
    TuoFort, Badlands
    #22 NightHawk64345, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    NFS, NFS 2, NFS 3: Hot Pursuit, NFS: High Stakes, NFS Porsche Unleashed

Age of Empires 1-3(not gonna happen though)

Lemmings (probably won't happen either)

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1, 2

Space Empires 1-4 and Starfury

Doom II (not the RPG version)

Portal

Half-Life

Penumbra series

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

and most Lego games

edit: oh, and Baldur's Gate too

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Illusion of Gaia
    Tales of Phantasia
    Super Mario RPG
    Seiken Densetsu 3
    Earthbound
    Legend of Mana
    Parasite Eve 1 + 2
    Terranigma
    Lunar Silver Star Story
    Pokemon (never ever going to happen)
    A better cooking mama port that doesn't steal your money with every recipe
    a Harvest Moon game that isnt a lame puzzler
    There are several games on the appstore that are similar to Lemmings. I don't remember the names, since I'm not a fan of them, but if you make a thread I'm sure someone will. I've seen at least two or three very good ones.

4. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    This is a good one. There are a ton of simulation/farming games on the App Store, but none of them come close to having the same feel as Harvest Moon. Most of them are just "press a button to spend gold to get more gold and come back in 4 hours or your stuff spoils". I would love to see some type of Harvest Moon port or a HM-esque game with similar graphics.

5. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    I've been mostly a PC gamer the past couple of decades so here's some of my picks:

Syndicate Wars
    Myth: The Fallen Lords
    Sacrifice
    Braid

6. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Dragon age!!!
    It would take time to port the massive world but it's doable. The controls wouldn't be too hard and it's not exactly as important to have brilliant controls as a game like fallout 3 or any shooter.

Two Worlds 2!!!

7. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    I personally think amnesia would be terrible. I just can't get immersed in such a small screen or scared by a game on it. Dead space failed for me in atmosphere and scares. However, it had great graphics, good gameplay and was fairly long.

8. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Almost forgot it but i would love to see Aquaria

9. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Haha touché :)

10. fusionbeat

fusionbeat Active Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Limbo (360). It would probably work terrifically on the iPhone with sensitive enough controls.
    Diablo 2
    Earth Defense Force 2017
    Konami beat-em-up arcade games (TMNT, X-Men, etc.)

11. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    super smash bros. the emulator one isnt that great

12. Cifuang

Cifuang Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    INSANAQUARIUM for sure. I would be geniunely amazed if they managed to port it even with those last few levels of insanLAG.

13. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    ^ This for sure. I remember there being a thread about Insaniquarium before. I've always felt like it was one of PopCap's under-appreciated games, but it would work great on the iDevices.

14. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

#34 dogface, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    What 5 retro titles would you like to see in the appstore?

Someone please port/or create the following (in no particular order but soon):

1. A Vectrex emulator with all the great games (Scramble, Minefield etc)
    2. Road Rash (Megadrive/Genesis version)
    3. Cannon Fodder (Panasonic 3DO version)
    4. The Chaos Engine (Amiga version)
    5. Donkey Kong Country (no chance)

What would you like to see?

*I should have said "Which", not "What"...dear oh dear...my grasp of the English language is slipping...

15. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    The Chaos Engine is being ported, I think. I seem to remember an article on the front page appearing some time ago (too lazy to look for the link though). I don't know which version it was, but I have fond memories of playing it on the SNES.

16. dogface

Yeah I thought I saw something a while back but haven't heard anything about it since. Shame!

17. unseenthings

unseenthings Member

Mar 9, 2010
    iOS Programmer
    Memphis, TN
    #37 unseenthings, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    Several of the Bitmap Brothers classics are being ported -- here's the original TA story about it where they mention Speedball 2, Z, Xenon 2, Gods and Magic Pockets in addition to Chaos Engine.

I had an Amiga and loved it dearly. I was a huge fan of Speedball 2, and they did a fantastic job on the iPad port -- I played it for weeks after it came out. I never played Z, but a lot of my friends raved about it. Gods and Magic Pockets I enjoyed, but Chaos Engine was one of my favorites on the platform. Bitmap Brothers really knew how to bring some magic into a game and make it shine and their stuff still holds it's own 20 years later, IMHO. It seems (from what I understand) that one of the original BB guys still owns the IP and is calling the shots (which is fantastic) and if any of those ports are near as good as Speedball 2, I'm in. In a heartbeat. Even if they're $10 a pop when they come out. Maybe more. :)

As for the original topic, Chaos Engine or Donkey Kong would be my votes from the list but one's in progress and the other won't happen... maybe a nice Lode Runner update?

Edit: Looks like Z is already out -- gonna go buy that!

18. dogface

I need to give Speedball another shot. Just couldn't get into it when it came out. I remember my best mate at the time playing Z all the time but I don't think it was my cup of tea.

There is hope!

19. unseenthings

unseenthings Member

Mar 9, 2010
    iOS Programmer
    Memphis, TN
    I thought it was a fantastic port and I liked the upgraded graphics -- very, very much in the style of the original, but upgraded nonetheless. Speedball for iPad wasn't very interesting until I got my guys upgraded a bit but then it was pretty good. And I'll stop hijacking the thread now. :p

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland