What happened to gameloft?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Anonomation, Jun 20, 2014.

1. shadow9d9

shadow9d9 Active Member

May 31, 2014
    Businesses can only do things for enthusiasm and passion. They also do not need to treat their customers like crap.

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    So no love for Rise of Lost Empires?

Come on Gameloft we need a new one, riddled with IAP and tons of timers, just opening the app will trigger a timer forcing you to close it for a set amount of time. :D

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Even though...

4. Coil_Whine

Coil_Whine Active Member

Dec 29, 2013
    F2P and iAPs in the hands of big corporations like King and Freecell are evil, and they attack everyone. Don't support them, please.

5. Coil_Whine

Coil_Whine Active Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #25 Coil_Whine, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    "It's a business" doesn't justify the evil ---- I see happening on the App Store. Abso ----ING lutely not. F2P, chart manipulation, paid reviews, heavy iAP, timers, ads everywhere. All of it being evil and manipulative. Please don't support it as it's killing the games industry

EDIT - Sorry, I got worked up. Gaming is my passion, and I'm a bit of a whistleblower in the sense of when I see evil stuff, i call it out.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    ....evil?

7. Coil_Whine

Coil_Whine Active Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #27 Coil_Whine, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    It is evil. Open your eyes. King.com is EVIL. They copyrighted the word "Saga", for god's sake. They rip off games and make money off of developing the glorified slot machine known as Candy Crush Saga. Tons of other devs do the same, make games filled with ads and iAP, for "free". It's sickening and I hope to god the members of this forum don't fall into the F2P trap.

Companies like Halfbrick (Jetpack Joyride) and Chair Entertainment (Infinity Blade) do mobile gaming right. Barely any ads and unneeded iAP. It's great. Support them.

8. Anonomation

Way too late for that...

9. Coil_Whine

Coil_Whine Active Member

Dec 29, 2013
    For what?

10. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I think what he/she is saying is it's too late to stop supporting king and Zynga and whoever and start supporting say chair. They've got tons of people playing candy crush and FarmVille 2 and whatever the heck it is. All we can do is buy premium and hope that it dosnt die.

11. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Halfbrick turned Fruit Ninja into semi-freemium. Unrelated fact, somehow they also remove online multiplayer :(

ChAIR initially made IB3 to be paidmium. The game is still very stingy with Chips if you're a beginner, but I can get by okay with two years playing IB.

You see, you don't see them as, in your words, "evil" because you just like their games. Everybody and their mamas are doing IAP. Just enjoy what you can cope with and leave what you can't alone.

"Evil", man, seriously...

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
  13. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Zynga a justin beiber of gaming there's not a single game they've published that can be called decent apart from horn.I don't mind their success either if people are naive enough to put 100$ in farmville then that's their fault I wouldn't blame them for anything.Glu are pretty much the same they ruined their only good game their dungeon hunter counterpart,they put Always online in a single player game and made absolutely no changes for betterment of the game.The animations lame,no story,shallow imprecise combat and worse than psp graphics which they claimed 'console quality'.

Gl too have downgraded or failed to improve on their games since 2011Asphalt 8 being their only great game since,Far too many casual games which don't suit them I don't mind them making money of these as long as they keep making quality titles but the quality of which have dropped drastically.

Nova 3 was such an incredible game for it's time and still is just imagine what they could have done with a sequel on the new hardware,same goes for SG,SO,HOS all of them could have been great franchises but they sacked them in favor of shallow cheap games.

It's no coincidence that the dip in quality of appstore came along with freemium and now 98% of everything is crap,2% of devs still have their integrity intact but no use when people won't buy their games.Gamers are the ones to be blamed the most for promoting freemium trend and as such there is only much the devs can do when what everyone wants is another runner and IB clone.

Gamers lift your standards and support quality games,Stop buying iap fests and shallow crap like rival knights and candy crush.Support games like Spiral and Oceanhorn,I know a lot of people on this site which do buy these games pretty which is evident with the thread popularity ofcourse quality games have also been popular on TA but we need less of these mindless games and have to reward quality titles with high production values with our money.If we don't do that then the situation would never change and all these threads will prove to be pointless.

14. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I think most of us know that. They're a cunning lot alright, but since there's no regulations for IAP control of any sort, they are not doing illegal business here. We just have to pick our own battle on the Internet.

Anyway my point was just that saying "evil" is being unnecessarily melodramatic.

15. Anonomation

I think it's a battle already lost...
    We've got lets say, a a few thousand TA users in which many are no longer active.
    People like King have got millions.

16. Planetman

Planetman Well-Known Member

May 3, 2014
    Just like the music record industry then?

17. goodboyback

Mar 30, 2014
    Yes,but a little more scammy.

18. Anonomation

I'd say its a bit less, but we're dealing with Apple here.

19. goodboyback

Mar 30, 2014
    Not got at all either way.

20. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    ...which doesn't gives a crap for gaming :rolleyes: