What Is The Rarest Thing You Own?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by iphoneprogrammer, Jul 5, 2010.

1. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    yeah, i started riding bikes when i was 4.. iv come to the conclusion.. its not if you are gonna get hurt on a bike.. its when!!! ( no matter how skilled you are as a rider.. i was pretty good.. but obv.. that did not matter )

however, kids live your life.. enjoy it.. if you lock your self up in your room and never go out side fear of a accident.. well hell you did not live!! and not much better off than the crippled!! be safe.

chris.

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
  3. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I just read your story on Midian's wall. That is one hell of a story. It must have taken a lot of courage to get through all of that.
    I had a motorcycle accident back in the spring. I collided head on with a car at about 60 mph (only 10 mph less that you were going) and yet I only broke 2 arms and had a little gash on my thigh (I know that still sounds bad, but compared to your injuries it's nothing).
    And now I've recovered I've bought a new bike and ride it almost daily. My relatives think I'm crazy to keep on riding, but for me I'd rather ride my motorcycle and risk injury/death than not ride and have a boring life.

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    The rarest thing I own?

[​IMG]

5. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    yeah i understand that desire to ride.. once you are hooked on bikes.. i dream of riding even today ( the motorcycle apps helps most of the times sometimes ill get a flash back to the tree tho. laughs. ( i grew up riding bikes and horses they have a lot in common.. cant even ride a horse anymore.. but the freedom.. :) but my leg dose not bend enough to even attempt too. and my current doctor probably would just shoot me if i told him i was gonna buy another bike. lol.

i totally understand getting back on one. i know i wanted to even in the hospital while in traction. lol.. i had my girl at the time bring me in motorcycle magazines.. the nurses gave me the evil eye..

chris.

6. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Hmmm, haven't posted in a while. Now is as good a time as any I guess. Dragon Warrior 4 and JAWS Scene in a Bottle model.

7. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    I believe it's a complete copy in great condition. And I only paid about $10 for it. :D

8. imnostr8t

imnostr8t Active Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Heaven Bay
    :rolleyes:I have three
    1 a coin from China's Qing dynasty..:cool:
    2 Levis pants from my grandfather
    3 my finger print!!!:D:eek:

9. sawusawme

sawusawme Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Bermuda Triangle
    an old picture of Starling and my Grandma....

10. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

The meat in my fridge, the Japanese HD-DVD import of XxX and a near complete Virtual Boy collection.

11. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Photo of me and Tim Duncan at '04 Lakers game + a signed photo. Best player ever against the best team ever.

And my awesome Gameboy Micro :D

12. islashrek

islashrek Active Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Travel Agent
    Seoul
    My parents wedding photos. not rare but precious.

13. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    An original "Attack on Pearl Harbor" newspaper. It was given to me by my father. It has extremely deteriorated over the years, but I've always thought of encasing it in a glass coffee table.

My brother was lucky and got a Nazi-Luftwaffe patch from our father. Very cool for its historic value, but a grim reminder of human stupidity.

14. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    so...nobody wants the dime that i got stuck up my nose?

15. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I have a lot of Steiff Bears... rare and expensive :)

16. sg2noname

sg2noname Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    an old SNES :cool:

17. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    Didn't think I had anything rare until I looked at my my moms stupid 1980-something wall unit from Badcock Furniture and saw the set of pins I got from Coca cola passed down to me. It's number 1 in a set of 200. Probably not worth much, but I wasn't looking to sell it anyways....

18. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    USA Today's Michael Jackson Death Newspaper and A Chinese paper penny.

19. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    the abbility to drink 32 bottles of beer and half a bottle of vodka without getting sick or having a hangover the next day.

20. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Soon the rarest thing you won't own is a liver.