What would you want to see for the new iPhone 5, or iPod touch 5 or iPad 2

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by leslie2233, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    You are right, I can't believed I actually bought 1st 2nd and an iPad (twice, for gifts) in the last three or four years, and my 1st gen works just fine! I really didnt need any new product, damn you Steve and your white commercials and keynote, now I want an iPod camera but I know they will do this again... If I buy the 4th gen Steve will come an make the 5th with flash camera, more megapixels in the 6th, USB port on 4th gen iPad and so on, when they could have done this since 2nd gen, I understand the first gen was totally a new concept, jailbreakme.com was the "base" for the App Store.

2. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
  3. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Thank you for clarifying :p

4. KiwiGummy

KiwiGummy Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    For the next iPhone...

-bigger screen (but same resolution, aspect ratio)
    -better battery life
    -higher resolution front camera

Want, but wont get:

-built-in buttons and dual analog sticks for games. :D

5. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    More Storage - I'd love memory cards but I know that won't happen
    Bigger Battery
    AMOLED screen << probably won't happen I think their great though

Ideally a more powerful GPU but the current is pretty good anyway but a dual cpu is a must in my opinion to compete with android devices launching.

6. hesty

hesty Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Throwing in a dual core will impact that longer battery life you want. Good point to understand. It's not all about CPU power.

It's a game of trade-offs, a balancing act.

http://www.satine.org/archives/2011/01/01/the-care-and-feeding-of-the-android-gpu/

"Android engineers say that better hardware will eventually solve the problem — an insane rationale for the problem. On mobile, power efficiency is king. Throwing dual cores or more GHz at the problem is just going to get you more average performance with zero battery life, and even then, as long as your screen doesn’t get too big."

7. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah I know it's a balancing act when it comes to mobile devices that's actually one of the reasons I like amoled displays although they do look good as well (at least indoors). As far as I'm aware though most dual core chipsets actually use less power than the ones they have replaced.

I could be wrong but that's the general impression I've got reading random articles on sites like engadget and Gizmodo.

I just think with things like Tegra 2 and the new AMD Fusion Chips potentially ending up in Android devices the time might be right .

8. hesty

hesty Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Completely understand your point.

With Apple's penchant for efficiency and design down to the organization of logic boards, I don't think we will be disappointed by the hardware that powers future iDevices.

I chose to skip a generation this time around, waiting on the next iPhone iteration, and it blows my mind how well something like Infinity Blade runs on a 3GS.

In a couple of years it'll be awesome to see how powerful these little things get. Coupled with SSD prices dropping... Good time to be alive.

9. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Completely agree with you I'm on a 3rd gen 64gb myself and it's actually more powerful than the first windows pc I bought if it wasn't underclocked by apple I could actually say twice as powerful. And playing games like Rage HD, NOVA 2, Infinity Blade on something so small would have been unbelievable a few years ago.

Can't wait to see what the next few years brings.

10. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    The most important thing is better battery life. To be honest, with the stuff they added onto the 4th generation iPod Touch, the only reasonable thing I need in the 5th generation is better battery life.

11. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    1GB RAM for iPhone 5, iPod 5, and iPad 2.

Faster Processor

More Pixels

Better iOS

12. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    i think that too. apart from the antenna issues im happy with the iPhone 4 in every aspect. is the software the one i want modified to be more open like android and let customize my idevice, i want themes for my phone, im happy with the rest

13. for all devices:
    1) bigger screen, screen size is too small, not as big as droidx but it has to be bigger than the screen size atm
    2) better gpu, cpu, battery, less heat problems
    3) real gps!! not BS assisted gps, Agps never works on my iphone 4 unless i have internet connection or 3g, which makes that it's a useless gps system.

for ipod:
    a better camera, more ram

14. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I want the improvement of the camera too. But built in buttons would be ugly, unless it was a sliding device, like the PSP Go. But that would ruin it's mobility. Not by a lot, but I like how it is now.

15. KiwiGummy

KiwiGummy Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I was thinking something like the rumored PSP-Phone, with a slide-out gamepad. I mean, I dont think Apple will ever do that to the iPhone because most people who get it are not gamers. But, maybe if they come out with a dedicated game device based on the iPhone/iPodTouch, then they'd totally own the handheld gaming market. I know I'd get one.

16. leslie2233

leslie2233 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    i know if they actually make an iPod touch with gaming elements & controls they would be better than 3DS & PSP because they have better graphics.

17. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    I am in!!

18. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Maybe I am the minority but I am perfectly happy with my iPhone 4. Sure it could have more memory or a better GPU, if the battery life can complement it. But I am very happy with it for what it is.

19. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    #39 csklimowski, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    deleted

20. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Bigger screen and dual processor... that's pretty much it.
    A keyboard maybe, but I doubt apple would do that.