What's your favorite ELIMINATE Map?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Allen at ngmoco, Nov 4, 2009.

?

What is your favorite ELIMINATE map?

1. BEDLAM

34 vote(s)
    32.7%
  2. FLOOD

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. LIFT

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  4. ONRAIL

31 vote(s)
    29.8%
  5. TANK

14 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    I voted onrail but I do like flood.

2. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    add more secrets like the underground place in tank (even though thats not really secret) my favorites are bedlam and onrail

3. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I like Bedlam because of all the rooms, but you sometimes can't find the other person if it's a friend match with two people. My second favorite is Onrail, because there's a few small sections, and one big room with the fun part on the top, and it's everyone for themselves, and very frantic. :) Third favorite is Lift, same reasons as Onrail, but it also has a really high ceiling which makes it fun if you have a Jetpack. :) Flood I like because of the special water element, and Tank I like the underwater tunnels (Which I've used to shoot someone standing above it), but it's hard to find your way around, since there are two main rooms, two hallways underneath, and two branches on the sides.

4. USAmerica

USAmerica Member

Sep 17, 2009
    I know this is a poll, but I just want to ask something about this game. There are so few maps to play on, only 5, and there are many empty spaces on the sides of the maps. Is the company that made this game planning on adding more?

5. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Tank is the bbest

6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    The thing about Tank is you can just guard the room that leads to the zerk shield, and have full view of anyone coming out of the two main doors or from the opposite side. So from that spot you pretty much have the drop on anyone, unless they just camp in either of the two middle rooms the whole time (which people do). The underground hallways and waterways are interesting, but the fight is rarely in those places. There should be an alternate way to get to the zerk shield area so you could come up behind someone camping there. Maybe an outer perimeter hallway type thing that connects all the branching rooms together.

And when I think about it I don't totally hate Flood, I think it's an interesting CQ map, but the water aspect annoys me. It's too easy to raise or lower the water, and I'm always doing it accidentally. I think the switches that adjust the water should be put on the upper platforms that the lifts lead to. That way you have to make a concscious effort to turn it on/off, and if you trap someone in the water below you'd have a nice vantage point from up above.

7. IpodLady

IpodLady Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Washington State
    Bedlam the most by far

Absolutely despise flood

8. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Mine is Bedlam, bar none. I almost never get it in matchups though :(

9. Allen at ngmoco

Allen at ngmoco Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Producer
    early poll results are definitely interesting.

keep the feedback coming, we're reading everything intensely.

10. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I like the pong map. You should let it play online :)

11. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Vote for the worst map: FLOOD

Bleh, not conducive to skirmishes at all

12. Frej444

Frej444 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Bedlammm!

bedlam is my favorite, no doubts. Lift is probably second, tank 3rd, and flood is shit, sorry guys, but i don't like it.
    i think you should make more Maps, it'll give the game more variation, lower the price on Plasma cells, 30 dollars is more than what WoW costs a month, really, it's too high.
    And lower the time between the free energy you get, 4 hours is alot, especially when it only lasts 2 minutes. 4 hours waiting time, and 2 min gameplay where you can earn credits? nahh...
    But really, you did a great job! i do i have a pretty good idea of what programming such a game takes, it's no easy job!

13. yxkpro

yxkpro Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    High School Student
    Missouri
    I like Bedlam the most, then Lift. Mostly because of the sniping spots, but also because of the moving walls in Bedlam. :D

14. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
  15. whatever

whatever Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Bedlam then Lift for me. Absolutely hate tank.

16. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    i love bedlam and the moving wall, plus it seems to be all eye candy for me but gameplay which is more important to me onrail

17. bcoffeecat

bcoffeecat Active Member

Apr 30, 2009
    either lift or onrail. like everyone else, i dont really like tank

18. hapz

hapz Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    god.

19. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Tank is the best. Lots of places to duck behind when you're low on health.

Flood is the worst because it always lags due to the water rising and lowering.

20. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    i like Charon and hipertrofia ;)