Which RPG is a must have?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dark_Messenger, Oct 27, 2009.

1. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    yes. i'd argue that it's the best rpg app available, with a charming style and humor that is unmatched by the other rpgs. plus it's wolfenstein baby. definitely worth checking out for the price.

2. NetRitual

NetRitual Well-Known Member

I remember it too. Used to play a modified version on the Atari ST, with sampled sounds, was really fun. I'd love to see that game, plus it's "sequel", Lords of Chaos (and for that matter, Laser Squad) on the iPT/iPhone.

I cast Gooey Blob! I also cast Gooey Blob! I cast Fire! Oooh crud, there goes the map. You ran around praying that the various effects killed your opponents before it killed you.

On topic, have you tried Tap Quest? It was free last time I looked, and although not really very... RPG-ish, it does keep making you come back for more, and there are normally new maps to download every monday.

3. Dark_Messenger

Dark_Messenger Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    #63 Dark_Messenger, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    No i havent tried it yet becouse i have something like a 1/3 of undercroft left to finish. I was just curious if it would be a autolike if i liked undercroft. If the gamemechanics are the same etc. Picturewise it looks really the same? I would like to finish this before fiddling around with the quest.

=)

EDIT: Umm.. "tap" quest. We may talk dif games here. =)

4. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    Zenonia, 40+ hours of 2D JRPG action.

BLOODY AWESOME!!!!

Highly recommend it, there's a good vs evil story line that changes with what decisions you make, there's also side quests and main quests you can do to level up and add your skill points.

5. Sixxes

Sixxes Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I think he's looking more for final fantasy-like games.

A really old one, but you should try out Vay :D

6. Dark_Messenger

Oct 3, 2009
    Thanks guys. Im already finished with Zenonia. It was truly an awesome game! Im coming to Vay. Its already on the phone and waiting for me to finish Undercroft (where im currently stuck). =(

7. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Already finished Zenonia? What lvl were you?

8. Dark_Messenger

Oct 3, 2009
    Think i was at 70 or 71. Although i got the "trick" later on in the game. I had not choosen a optimal way of skills (way wrong) so thats why. The game is probobly beatable at 55+ or so. Supercool game though!

9. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Nice how long did it take you to get to lvl 70?

10. Dark_Messenger

Oct 3, 2009
    Umm approx 2 days with really much playtime. Total effective time was in the 30-35h range i believe. Probobly 1/4:th of that time was pure grinding to get the last 10 levels or so. The sad thing as i noticed in the very last end of the game, monsters droped really superfunky stuff that was like 10 levels above my dude. To no use for me.

Zenonia is one of those games you should play the way YOU like it. Evolving the character and skills as you like, not most " killingeffective " just to be able to beat the game fast. Its a good game, let it take the time it does. =)

11. Human

Human Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I think if u liked undercroft, u would like the quest also, as they are both turn based rpgs with a lot of intriguing side quests.

At first, I also liked rpgs like Zenonia. When i first saw The Quest I was like "wtf that looks like trash, it cant be good", but eventually i gave it a try and firstly, u can customize ur character way more in The Quest, as you are not tied down to a specific class. Ppl say that it's a "hardcore" rpg but honestly it just takes a lil common sense to solve the puzzles, and also there is minimal grinding required (which is a big problem in rpgs like zenonia). And if u get stuck, u can always ask somebody on the forum. Also, compared to The Quest, Zenonia has no storyline. And The Quest also has side dungeons and complicated side quests that don't just involve killing stuff to collect some item.

12. Dark_Messenger

Oct 3, 2009
    Cool!

Thanks for the info I will definatly check it out soon. Just finished undercroft and it was ok, not a awesome experiance but ok.

13. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Get Zenonia but whatever you do, DO NOT BUY Chronicles of Inotia: Legends of Feanor. Trust me, this game is terrible. I played it for 10 minutes and died around 30 times. It's just really boring. But Zenonia is kind of like Zelda. Try the lite version if you're not sure.

14. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Personally, Chronicles of Inotia was actually alright for me. The second one in the series is going to be much better.

15. uSICu

uSICu Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Construction
    Oklahoma
    I agree man. I loved The Quest, and it seems to be the largest RPG on the app store by FAR. I've sunk loads of hours just into the main game, and that's without the two already available expansion packs. Great game.

16. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I'm currently waiting for Ravensword and Zenonia 2. Gamevil announced that Zenonia 2 will be coming shortly.

17. Dark_Messenger

Oct 3, 2009
    Posts like this relly gets my hopes up. Just think i need to take on some cuddly zelda-graphic like one first. Thinking of Vay becouse elven chronicles was really boring. Gave me absolutly no reason to keep playing so i flushed it down the toilet within the hour.

18. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I haven't tried The Quest. Maybe when i have a couple of dollars i'll try it out.

19. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    i dont know what it is about the Quest.. i know its deep, and complex, i know its about the exploration, all things i normally LOVE,but....i just cant get into it. Its not fun for me. I think there may be something wrong with me..

20. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Play the lite version of underworlds until ravensword comes out and then play ravensword for the rest of your life.