Why did you choose iTouch over iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by h0130j03, Jul 4, 2009.

1. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    From what I've heard it will be next year when Verizon rolls out its LTE service which I believe will become the new standard.

2. Veratek

Veratek Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    VERATEk®
    washington
    2g Ipod Touch is still slimmer, faster, and has (imo) a nicer screen hue then the 3g. BUT now that there is a 3GS, I had to get the phone. It's all about the hardware for me.

3. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Well Apple announced the iPhone 3Gs and it came out that same month so why not the iPods? I don't see why they would not be able to do that. This is the third generation and I am sure Apple is well prepared now for iPhone and iPod releases and where they see those two devices headed as far as future generation models.

4. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    that's a good argument.

5. theAir

theAir Active Member

Oct 23, 2008
    #45 theAir, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
    The 1G touch was announced on September 5 2007, and began shipping at the end of the month. The 2G touch was announced on September 8 2008, and if I recall correctly, it began shipping that week. I would expect the same of the 3G, if it's not in stores the same day as the announcement. It'll probably be announced September 8 again, I don't think they will wait until the 15th.

6. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I bought my touch for gaming, movies, music, aps...

I didnt want all of that to drain the phone battery

7. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    The camera at the time (and still is now) isn't good enough. I have an iTouch and I'm gonna get a Cybershot or a Walkman phone with a really awesome camera. The iPhone is just too expensive and also it doesn't have bluetooth file transfer.

8. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    haha if they release it in September 8, I would definitely get it for my birthday. Which is coincidentally September 8.

9. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I already have a phone, contract is too high for the iphone, and iPod Touch 2G is good enough for me. iPhone 3G S is a great deal though, 99$ for a 8GB, but the contract's about 400 bucks..?

10. Mellifluous

Mellifluous Active Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I got my 8GB 1G touch shortly after they first came out. I don't do contracts, so will never consider getting an iPhone until they do a pay as you go option. I got a Zune 80 around the same time and I wanted the touch to use mainly for its wifi connectivity when I'm on the move. Both are still going!

11. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Slightly divergent topic, but how much would you all consider selling your 1G Touch (32GB) for, taking into account that right now a new 2G (32GB) is currently €379 (530 USD)? I am preparing myself to buy the possible 3G coming in September.

Thanks

12. appaddiCt

appaddiCt Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    UK
    I bought my 2G Touch first but I was also lucky enough to swap a 2G iPhone for a Nintendo Wii from a work colleague.
    If I had to choose one I would go with the iPhone everytime.
    The only problem with owning a iPhone is I now MUST get a 3GS. :D

13. Twazzock

Twazzock Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I don't have a job and I already have a cheap-ass phone which I barely use anyway. So a Touch was the obvious choice.

14. daveak

daveak Well-Known Member

Have to say I'm the complete opposite., I don't have an ipod touch, but probably should get one for app development.

Part of the reason I went with the phone is it means one less device to carry around + internet access where there isn't wifi. The cost wasn't an issue, cheaper than an ipod due to the carrier subsidy, and I would be paying for a phone contract anyway, so why not pay a contract for the best possible phone? :)

15. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I have my own pay as you go kinda phone because i dont use it alot. I just didnt want to have to sign up with the plan. It was like twice the price plus a plan to use it, so i got the iTouch. Plus it was a gift and I thought I was getting a 3rd gen nano

16. oneman

oneman Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    iTouch is much cheaper. That's why.

17. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    AT&T

(nuff said)

My phone is the palm pre on sprint, and I couldn't be happier with it. It is really the social part of the iphone on steroids. I love my ipod touch for games, which the pre really can't beat, but the pre is an all around amazing device. I am an apple fanboy, and I am saying that the pre is something with the beauty of design and simplicity that is usually only seen from apple.

18. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Where I am (Ireland) the iPhone plans from O2 are criminal, giving far less than other countries in terms of minutes and texts etc for higher prices compared with other countries. Worst of all, there's a 1GB data limit for all plans. No unlimited plan at all.

Until that changes, I wouldn't consider an iPhone.

However, even if that did change, I'm not actually sure I'd go for one over a Touch. What I'd love is Internet access anywhere, regardless of wifi. But I don't know if I want a phone integrated into my music player which, even with all the great apps, is what I have my Touch for. Having to consider battery life in that my phone would be dependent on what else I do would be a problem for me.

The only other thing aside from calls and texts that I use my phone for are snaps and, even with 3GS improvements, my current phone's camera is better than the IPhone.

But if a large capacity improved Touch comes out, I'm first to upgrade.

19. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    Like previous people have stated, service provider preference dictates a lot about what direction to go with the device. Until more providers are available, lots of folks will hold out. Another factor is age. I'd estimate that over half of the users, on Touch Arcade atleast, are male and 14 to 21. Not your safest demographic for securing a cellphone contract.

20. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Because I don't have AT&T