why nintendo should go on app store

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by itouchbd, Aug 13, 2011.

1. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    What??????

Look at the stocks next time......!

They have gone down from about 4x of what they where at! http://www.google.com/finance?q=PINK:NTDOY

Maybe YOU should go and learn how to read stocks!

2. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Stocks fall. Stocks rise. It's overreacting to say that a company will go bankrupt because of stock falls over around three years. Nintendo has money reserves as well.

Instead of insulting eachother, talk about it like adults?

3. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Mate no stocks go that low, that fast if there was not a problem......

Something is wrong and at the moment nothing they do is helping them recover. Making apps seems the only logical solution..... :p

4. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    I don't agree. At. All.
    Making apps won't give enough profit that will make up for lowering
    popularity of their own devices.
    They have a ton of time to recover, especially with 3DS sales rising, and the (for them hopeful) success of the wii U. Nintendo has great IPs, innovation (trend setter imo) and a ton of uniqueness that should carry them through. The don't need to make apps.

5. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Look at the profit Angry Birds has made on the App Store. Now think of the profit Pokemon and Mario would make!

Exactly....

6. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Once nintendo goes there, there's no going back.
    Once they make apps for iOS, there's no going back.
    Nintendo is based on new ideas and innovation (imo) once they make these apps, they won't be able to sell their devices again.

Besides that, I'm sure they'll get flamed a lot if they completely dominate the app store

7. Teremei

Teremei Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    I don't want any Nintendo game on ipod. Personally the games on the DS, 3DS, PSP ect are much better than ipod games. But I do really enjoy me some ipod games.

However I am happy to keep them seperate. $30 nice fun full fledged games with actually controllers vs. $1 - $5 fun and sometimes addicting mini games. However I think Nintendo is digging their own grave by not attacking harder the digital download domain. Just compare their prices. $5 for an NES game on the Wii? Digital Download games on the 3DS range from $2 to $10 and most of the games you can get on ipod for $1 are even better than the $5 games on the 3DS.

They are way too stingy with their downloadable games. And that's like putting up a roadblock and not many games get made on that. Those iphone type games are really taking off and by the time 3DS is at the end of it's lifecycle more and more games on the Iphone will have compatibility with Icade, Icontrolpad and other controller devices. By that time I think it will be too late, and any handheld they make after 3DS will be a huge failure.

8. ShallowGamer

ShallowGamer Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Foursquare
    #28 ShallowGamer, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    Its fiscally irresponsible for Nintendo to stay exclusive to the markets it currently is. They have reported serious losses financially, and it makes sense for them to expand to the AppStore.

Pricing issues are a problem, however, they could easily sell WiiPlay (I think this is the name) titles for around $10. They may not be able to charge the $40 for Super Smash Brothers at the quality it is now, but think of the old SSB and the old SMB. They could charge $10 easily and pack the roms in a (hopefully) well coded emulator. Seems to me like that could be a temporary fix/solution.

9. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Too bad Nintendo has nothing to do with bringing Kingdom Hearts to another platform.

10. ShallowGamer

ShallowGamer Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Foursquare
    #30 ShallowGamer, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    Right. I was severly mistaken. I feel dumb. :eek:

Edited my post to avoid further embarrasment. :p

11. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

Fewer than 10 years ago, Apple stock sold for $15 a share, or even lower. Company insiders have since revealed that Apple was about 100 days away from having to shut the doors forever.

Today, Apple is slugging it out for the title of most valuable company in the world. They literally need to start buying things because they have too much cash on hand.

But according to your "logic," Apple should have been doomed. After all, they had a falling stock price, right? Oh, noes!

I'll repeat one more time, since you clearly missed this day at that fine business school you attended: stocks go up; stocks go down. Businesses have good times; businesses have bad times.

Learn from it, or don't. But you really should stop embarrassing yourself on public forums.