Universal Wicked World - [a fancy music based action-game]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Triglade, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I hate timers in a game.
    I really hate, having to pay for consumable IAP's for extra time. Different players take a different ammount of time to play so some will get cheated, and some will not.
    My foster kids for example. They have special needs, developmental delays, etc... They take a lot more time to play certain games and to them, a consumable iap for $1.99 is the same as a hundred dollars.

I love premium games. Pay once. Unfortunately, some devs are forced to price their games so low that it is not really worth it to them. I also love a full ad supported game with the iap option to remove the ads.

I like what crossy roads did. You have the option to view an ad ( but don't have to) and earn coins by doing so.
    Because players want to earn more coin to open more characters, they look forward to watching the ads.

Your game is so unique. Others are most likely going to want to copy you.

And yes.... As you mentioned in your earlier response to me, do drop me a line when you are releasing your game.
    I am very excited to play!

2. Incodra

Incodra Well-Known Member

:) I can comfort you, we will NOT include any timer stuff!

:cool: I know that game and have to agree that this concept is most likely to be accepted.

3. Incodra

Rough estimate for the RELEASE!

:D Now we can at least give a rough estimate for the release: 3rd quarter of 2015!
    ;) We'll keep you updated!

4. firstordergames

firstordergames Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    Looks awesome, and gameplay looks fun too. :D

Best wishes with this! Look forward to seeing more.

5. Incodra

:D Thanks. Stay tuned for more.

6. Incodra

Publisher: A curse or a blessing?

:eek: Currently we are in negotiation with interested publishers. What do you think? Is it...
    :mad: a curse OR
    :D a blessing OR
    ;) even both?

7. Incodra

Current project title appropriate?

If you have any pros or cons regarding the current project title "Wicked World", please tell us! Any help is appreciated! Since we are not native speakers it would be great to hear some opinions from you native speakers, e.g., is the word "wicked" appropriate in this context or not?
    :eek: If you guys have some good ideas for the name of our game we would be very happy to hear them!

8. Ragno

Ragno Well-Known Member

Looks really cool! :)

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I like the name

10. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Me too. I love the name. Your game deserves an original name that assumes it is large and full of confidence. Wicked world does that.

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    You're fine! It's definitely appropriate in this context! Good to go, bud!:cool: I say stick with that!

12. TwoFace

TwoFace Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Everywhere
    #32 TwoFace, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    May I suggest using songs by HolyYeah, F-777, Waterflame89, and ParagonX9? They're all great music artists! Cant wait to try this game! Maybe release a demo version with the level you showed in the video? Just a suggestion :D

13. Incodra

:rolleyes: We'll see.

;) Definitely!

:D Thanks.

Nevertheless as a current project title it is fine, but what about words like "dash", "run", "rush", "track", etc. which are more connected to the gameplay? We could create a few more suggestions and ask you again. ;) Anyway, more comments are welcome!

14. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA

Actually, there's new games already out now with that same name, so I dunno if you wanna go with that after all. Personally, I wouldn't want to go with words like dash, run, and rush either because to me it connotates a different kind of game altogether. Just sayin'!

15. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #35 coolpepper43, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Rave World
    Or
    Wrave World
    raVe World

16. Incodra

Thanks for your suggestions TwoFace. We are indeed interested in music artists who could create tracks like the one in the prototype. Where did you get these names from? Could you post some links? Know some of them in person? :eek:

Happy that you would like to play our game. Unfortunately, currently we are doing some crucial changes in our engine and I hope that in June already a first demo will be ready. We'll hurry up with the implementation! ;) Using our own engine makes many things easier and faster! :cool:

17. Incodra

Do you mean "Wicked World" is already taken by this RPG game? Just seen that there is part 1 already in the app store and part 2 is also announced in a recent short thread on TA. Damn! :mad: But one more reason to start thinking about an alternative. How do "dash run and rush" mean something different to you? Surprised! :eek: Our Wicked World is a dash, run, rush, isn't it? :) Do you have some other ideas? Would be happy to hear some.

Well, well,... some nice names altogether. Techno / rave fan? ;) Thanks a lot... go on! Do you have more? Btw., you seem to prefer "World" in the name. We already got a "no go" opinion for using "World" in the name since it connotates strongly to a "open world" game... well... this opinion seems to be very subjective... what do you think?

18. TwoFace

Jan 18, 2015
    Everywhere
    #38 TwoFace, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    Maybe Beat Blocks, Neon Heaven,Tempo Time, or Glowing Groove! :D

Sure! I will put the links to the songs I think would fit the game in the next post! :D

19. TwoFace

Jan 18, 2015
    Everywhere
    #39 TwoFace, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/57239 -SpacePirates-Waterflame89

https://jessevalentinemusic.bandcamp.com/track/invincibility-star -Invincibility Star-F-777

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/245921 -Chaoz Airflow-ParagonX9

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/504114 -Flirt Flirt [Oh It Hurts]-HolyYeah

If the levels have different difficulties, they'd probably be:
    Easy: Space Pirates
    Normal: Flirt Flirt
    Hard:Chaoz Airflow
    VERY HARD: Invincibilty Star

Sadly :(, no I dont personally know any of them. But their music is amazing! And one more question, will the levels have names? Or will it just be Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3?

Thanks, TwoFace

20. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA

Yes. The word 'world' seems right for this all things considered IMO. Change the first word though, especially since Wicked World the RPG is already out. Then good to go! Or whatever.