Universal Wicked World - [a fancy music based action-game]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Triglade, Apr 9, 2015.

1. FRACTURES

FRACTURES Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    How about Pulse Beat for the name?

2. Incodra

Incodra Well-Known Member

Nice suggestions. Imho Beat Blocks sounds best among them. Hmm... in this context "Beat Tracks" could also be a good option...

Thanks! Yes, it seems as though we'll say farewell to Wicked. :(

"Pulse" and "beat" are booth good words, but in connection... we'll see.

We are collecting all your suggestions and than we'll make a list of our favourites for a final voting. :D Thanks so far altogether. It is really inspiring chatting with you on this topic. Looking forward to hear some more!

3. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Very creative!

4. Incodra

Music tracks for Wicked World needed!

Thank you very much for these links and your effort to map them directly to different difficulties. Great! :D Yes, levels in WickedWorld will have different difficulties and will definitely have some cool names. ;) Level 1,2,3 would be really lame!

The listed songs are quite good, and especially some parts sound really, really good. It seems as though those artists could indeed create music fitting to WickedWorld.

But: Having the current prototype track as the quality reference some modifications / improvements of the listed tracks would be needed. Especially the vocals and the dubsteps in the current prototype track make it sound so good. Nevertheless, we will contact some of these guys and then we'll see. ;)

If there is anyone else out there in the TA community having a good idea which would help us to find the right music / music artist for Wicked World, please let us know! Any kind of support is appreciated!

5. FRACTURES

Mar 1, 2013
    Here's something I've cooked up specially for Wicked World - I needed a dance based piece of music for my demoreel anyway :)

[hqyoutube]c_sEcQ-S4CU[/hqyoutube]

6. Incodra

Impressive! Thanks a lot for cooking! ;) Is it going to be a 3- or 5- or 7-course menu? :D Whatsoever, this was a quite good appetiser. How about following changes: The melody starting at 18s is fine, but perhaps too high and the used synths are somehow... kitschy? :) Don't know how to describe it better. Further, the change from top to lateral view could be more bombastic. And how about adding some cool vocals? Looking forward to your second course. I hope you are willing to prepare it.

Any other feedback from the TA community out there? What do you think about this track by FRACTURES? Looking forward to some more opinions.

Thanks again for this first shot.

7. Shyning

Shyning Member

May 17, 2015
    This is really unique... It's like Flappy Bird and Geometry Dash but with unique rendering style. Amazing, i am really curious about the development of this game. Thumbs up guys. If you get good music tracks (like the one in the prototype) this one will be my game of the year!

8. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Developer
    This game looks awesome! I love GD, but this one looks so great different! Gotta have it as soon as it is out! Btw. the music track by fractures sounds quite good. Adding vocals is definitely a plus, but not necessary in order to make a great track for this game and... probably not that easy. I'm not a music artist, so this is just an opinion of an amateur. :)

9. Incodra

Thanks for your opinion! Amateurs are sometimes better than pros! ;)

Happy you like it. We'll do our best to get some awesome music tracks in the end and make it your game of the year! :D

10. Incodra

Thanks for your positive comment. Almost overlooked it! ;)

11. FRACTURES

Mar 1, 2013
    Thanks DarkStyle. The piece I composed was only a draft which I spent a day on. I agree that vocal samples can be interesting but not essential, and I think games like this work best with a variety of musical styles to help the gameplay remain feeling fresh.

12. settleforge

settleforge Member

Dec 26, 2014
    My initial impressions of Wicked World? The game is STELLAR! :D

Have you ever thought about making the game looking more Tron like? I think it would be great in combination with Tron Legacy Reconfigured (Draft Punk).

Also think that this game would work with C64 remixes :cool:

13. Incodra

Thanks! We'll put "STELLAR" on the list of distinctive words describing WW in the comments we got so far. :D

Tron style strongly motivated the current look. We do not want to simply copy things, but let's see how much of Tron we will further include. And regarding Draft Punk music... probably huge licence problems... :( so no need to think about it.

C64 remixes? Yeah! :cool: Currently we plan to take at least one 8bit Track. Btw. we are still searching for music artists, so if you (or anyone else on TA) have any further suggestions we'd like to hear them. Thanks! We are already in contact with some of music artists suggested in this thread.

14. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Did I just drop acid?

15. covertghst

covertghst New Member

May 30, 2015
    When is this going to be released?

16. Incodra

Have a nice trip! :D

We are targeting release for the end of Q3 2015. Stay tuned for updates! ;)

17. Shyning

Shyning Member

May 17, 2015
    #57 Shyning, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Hm i was just thinking about new names. Just using some trendsetter or slang words like Vibe in "World Vibe", "Vibe together". # What do you think about it?

18. Incodra

"Vibe" is indeed a word we did not think of. :D I think about "getting great vibes by playing this game" as a nice association when using vibe in the name. How about "Supersonic Vibe" :cool: to get the speed / dash / run part in the name without using standard speed / dash / run, etc. words? Well, "vibe" is on the list of words to be potentially used... thanks.

19. Incodra

REQUEST: New title for "Wicked World"!

For quite some time now we were collecting suggestions for a new title for "Wicked World" (also here from the TA community; btw. thanks for your engagement). Here is the alphabetically sorted list of our current candidates (feel free to add yours if superior :)):

Aero Flux
    Beat Tracks
    Beatland
    Celerity Sphere
    Dub Dash
    Electrack
    Pulse Beat
    Soundwave World
    Super Sonic Sound Sphere
    Vibe World

What do you think TA community??? Please, comment, vote, HELP! :eek: Any comment, vote, help is really appreciated!

20. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Beatland
    Electrack

Are my picks