Universal Wide Sky (Universal app by Marcus Eckert)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 22, 2013.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Guess ill play these to for the day till the new releases thanks you haven't steered me wrong yet :)

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I know I sound like a broken record player, but it's always humbling when someone trusts me enough to spend their hard-earned money on something I'd recommend. :)

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Ill get to wide sky today maybe but bouncey has that just one more vibe lol

4. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    have anyone manage to get the "Triple Loop into a orb" challenge?

this is as close as i get but nothing, or doing a triple loop is not that?

[​IMG]

5. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    From the description of the challenge, could it be that you need to loop 3 times and on the 3rd loop collect the orb?

6. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    i'm going to try that and see what happens although is pretty hard to do it most of the time i break it the first time

7. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #47 Bool Zero, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    Trying to understand why the rating for this app is so mixed on the AppStore with no text reviews so far. I want to get this but there has to be some reason for the overwhelming 2 star ratings on the AppStore!

Edit: just now reading through thread to se that it is not universal. iPad only guy here, so unfortunately as good as this game looks, its a pass for me...

8. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    i finally got that challenge it looks like it was like you said so thanks Andy, i just did the triple loop and smashed the orb

also manage to get almost to 200.000 at first in kinda hard but with a little practice is not that bad since you can also upgrade the ropes to make them longer and with more flexibility

[​IMG]

9. garret44

garret44 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    So is this an endless game and would you recommend it?

10. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    is not endless since you have 12 min to beat the level, the longer you last you get lest bonus points at the end

In each game you get like 7 challenges when you complete like half of the challenges you get a lockpick that you can use to upgrade the lenght or flexibility of the rope and when you complete all the challanges you get a new rope and a new set of challenges for that rope and you can only upgrade the the ropa that have all the challenges completed, and every new rope give you a sort of power ups for now a have a boost and the other is a kind of whirl that when you are about to touch the ground it saves you

And first is a kinda hard to controlled since you have to tilt the device but with a little practice it gets better

Also i spoke to the devs and he told he is going to look to implement new type of controls as well the option so we could rotate the screen

I do recommend since is pretty original in my opinion and you dont see much stuff like this in ios

11. Mungo

Mungo New Member

Jan 25, 2013
    This game's presentation is jaw-dropping. But I'm having huge problems with the gameplay. Been playing for half an hour and want to throw my phone at the wall. I can never get the rope to hit the cloud I want it to. I know it comes out the top of his head, but it usually seems impossible to time it so it hits where you want it to, since it moves so slowly and he's always spinning at different speeds. Half the time it'll hit a cloud behind me and pull me the opposite direction I want to go.

Surely I must be missing something because some of you said the game was fun. It just make me feel frustrated, powerless and mad!

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    No worries, dude, glad I could help. And grats on the fine score! :)

13. airwa1k

airwa1k Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I took a chance on it and have been blown away. The presentation is outstanding. The game is pretty hard at times. Getting used to the controls seems to take awhile and even then can be pretty hard. Definitely worth it.

14. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    Do we know if there's a native iPad (or universal binary) version on the horizon at all?

15. fuzzbinn

fuzzbinn Member

Mar 23, 2009
    #55 fuzzbinn, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    Great game. Controls click after a bit. Working great now!

16. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    I have to say, I like the fact that most of the objectives are very hard to accomplish. However, that also means it's extremely disappointing if you randomly lose all of your goals for one rope, when you only had one more to go before unlocking the next rope. Like what just happened to me.

I had 4 out of 5 goals done for Jessica Fletcher, but I just opened my game and now I have no goals done. :(

17. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Will buy with a universal or HD build

18. fuzzbinn

fuzzbinn Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Seen that happen before. Wasn't sure if that was a time limit thing or a glitch...

19. marcuseckert

marcuseckert New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    #59 marcuseckert, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    Hi,
    I'm the dev who made Wide Sky and I'm currently improving it. Sorry for getting your objectives deleted, it happens when you switch ropes and quit the game. It'll be fixed for the next update.
    EDIT: I'm planning to have it released in the coming weeks (14th or 21st).

20. FuZion

FuZion Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Hi Marcus,

Thanks for joining the thread. I've had your game for a few weeks now & some if those challenges are pretty tricky.

I got the 25m/s one this morning & just the 340m one remaining on this first rope (It's lucky that I've read about the rope switching bug here).

Can I ask, have you got any hints for gaining the height, I tend to reach about 300m, but struggling to get much more.

Thanks for an interestingly frustrating challenging addictive nightmare of a brilliant game by the way. And of course, it looks & sounds amazing.

Russ.