Will Ngmoco ever give us an explanation for the R2-Delay??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jack000, Jul 8, 2009.

1. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    You like that word huh??

2. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
  3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Hard to say, I think the whole thing is tied up in some kind of wacky legal battle right now. What is so weird about the game as a whole is there have been so many instances in its development that DNF has been semi-playable and almost done before it was scrapped again. They could probably release each of these versions of the game as-is and barely playable in some kind of Duke Nukem collectors pack and it would sell like hot cakes.

4. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Herefordshire, U.K.
    It suits it's purpose ;)

5. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    sactimonious? was that word just acribbited to the dictionary?

6. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    #26 le'deuche123, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
    It's new. It's right next to sanctimonious.

7. Lockdown.

Lockdown. Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Forget rolando. Where is killtest??

8. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Yes that is a shame for they to did and I didn´t know. Surely you told that to them but if not you better do. Japanese is a very difficult language and I guess they can´t afford to pay for professional translations to 5 or 6 languages just for a 10$ game and at least they are trying too, but sure that ruins the game experience for you.

Then I say they are the best making games but not translating to japanese. Gambare!

By the way I think the princess is more a tomboy than nothing else

9. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    ah yes i think i can lectify that.

10. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    #30 jack000, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009

YEAH I think that they owe me a ****ing explanation due to the fact that i'm a customer. sorry but it's pathetic to give out a release date and then not even mentioning what happened.
    but you're just like the others..gregarious animals..better not to speak out loud what to think. and if someone is giving his opinion he's just fussy..:mad:

and you pal don't know anything about me so you better not dare to say i'm a bitter person.
    yes i'm curious, especially because they don't even think it's appropriate to say what happened after being so impudent.

11. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    I wanted to ask the same question jack000, but I got shouted down by most of the replies.
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=17569
    It is an interesting issue, and people saying things like "Well at least it wasn't delayed by years..." really doesn't help.

12. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    i sent you a pm..

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

#33 Eli, Jul 9, 2009
    If they make you so mad why did you give them $10? The game is out. Everyone likes it. I really can't see ngmoco making some kind of huge public apology to appease the four people who are somehow still angry that the game was delayed by less than 24 hours. (Who apparently bought it anyway.)

14. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    #34 le'deuche123, Jul 9, 2009
    Please shut the hell up......like forever!

15. #35 Mindfield, Jul 9, 2009
    Wow. Just ... I ...

Wow.

Both of my iPhone 3G S units were delayed by almost three weeks! Imagine that, more than fourteen times the R2 delay! Two spent on back-order (that I was not informed of until I decided to call them about it and had to make my way through two different departments before I got an answer), 3 of the remaining days due to the combined negligence and stupidity on both the part of my carrier and UPS. Cost me just a little bit more than $10. I didn't get an explanation either -- from either of them. Amazingly, I lived to tell about it. How did I survive such a tale of incompetence and egregious delays, you ask? I got over it. It was easy, too, even though I thought I would carry this hurt, this anger, this searing pain inside of me for the rest of my days. Turned out it was just gas. A shot o' Pepto set me back to right. Might I offer you a hit?

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Mindfield... One time I ordered a MacBook Pro from Apple. They gave me a FedEx tracking number with the scheduled delivery date of Friday.

It came Monday. :eek:

17. Tavoss

Tavoss Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Ngmoco does not owe anyone an apology! They already stated it wasnt their fault it was delayed, but the app stores... so why are people still whining like a five year old? Games, movies, consoles, cars are delayed all the time, and you don't see anyone apologizing...

Look at lionhead studios, a huge game developer... their games are always routinely delayed, sometimes for years, because of the philosophy of its done when its done... do they apologize? No, why should they, they dont owe me anything.... they are ones supplying me my entertainment.

I think all those bitching about a less than 24 hour delay (heaven forbid), should apologize to both Ngmoco and their fellow forum goers for their bitchery and general idiocy. But if you decide not to, thats fine... BECAUSE I'LL GET OVER IT!!

18. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Or if Jackoo would just STFU then 90% of the complainers will be gone.

19. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    LOL, we are not freaking out, is just, they said "1st JULY", it was 1st JULY and there was no R2, Rolandos are UBERhyped, a game of 9.99 is expensive (Iknow iknow, "I ve spent 15 in beers, blablablablabla) 9.99 is expensive for a game for an idevice, knowing there are cheapest and with more fun games.
    ngmoco is a big company, if they say 1st July, it has to be on 1st July.

IMPORTANT--> If ngmoco knows that the app store or apple can have issues realising the game, then WHY THE F***K they said 1st july?, if they said 1st july is because they are supossed to be sure it will be 1st july, but I know ngmoco know that the app store can have delays (if the app store was the real delay), they could said just "JULY", alot of people ñlost their day waiting for Rolando, like others can lost the day waiting outside a store for a gadget beeing reales or something.
    (sorry for my bad english, is not my language)

20. I hear you, man. I share in your grief. YOU ARE NOT ALONE MAN!