Will Star Defense be released this week ?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AwakenOsiris, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    is it submitted?
    My dad wanted this game

2. mjmoco

mjmoco Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    San Francisco
    Hey gang-

Hang in there. The game is done and is looking awesome. We're going to be announcing price and availability soon. But until then, I've put together another hands-on Star Defense video that delves into the world of S'rath resistances. You can find it here. Stay tuned.

MJ

3. samson080

samson080 Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Soooooo, it has been submitted then?

4. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Hang in for what?

If the game is done, why does there have to be an announcement. Its already been announced that it's done.

Is it submitted and are we now waiting for approval?
    Or are we waiting for a glorified entrance?

5. AwakenOsiris

AwakenOsiris Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    I smell wwdc, hmmm

6. samson080

samson080 Member

Feb 24, 2009
    So much for making the May launch date!

7. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
  8. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Awesome looking icon, can't wait for this to come out.

9. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I must admit, although a staunch TD fan, I have slowed down in my enthusiasm for SD since a few days. All these eye poppingly good games are coming out on a daily basis and raising the bar further and further, and games like SD seem less impressive than even as little as a few weeks ago.

Or is it me? I feel like a spoiled brat for saying that. I guess I am;)

10. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    No i agree with u. I'm not sure if i even want to buy it anymore

11. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI

No, It's not just you.

I have grown much less excited about this game.

I would much rather save my money for Gamelofts new Side Scroller and Tennis game, as well as Real Racing.

I also find it annoying how someone from ngmoco pops up in this thread saying "hang in there gang" in about 3 or 4 posts already and posts more crappy videos (footage we have already seen, nothing new), but as soon as someone asks a simple question like "is it submitted", this person suddenly turns into a ghost. Why bother posting in a forum if you're going to be very one way about your contact. Quite a turn off from where I am sitting at least.

I know a few other people as well that have lost interest in this game.

I have no problem waiting for a game to be completed, but when it's finished, don't act like it's some console game that has to be manufactured and receive a street date.
    It's an ipod game. Create game, game is done, submit for approval - Apple posts it when and if it is approved - Nothing to announce!

12. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    I would say that as well. I did not understand the strategy behind that.
    As other members said: ngmoco lost the momentum.

The game could be amazing, but my interesting on it is lower each day.

One thing that is good to us is that the game must have a lower price than ngmoco initially think, otherwise, it is not going to sell as they were expecting.

There are too many amazing games coming out and some already launched.

That being said I am not hopping for the game anymore. I will buy it if the price is below ngmoco's average release price.

13. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

+1 they kinda screwed up with marketing, the hype seems to already died, u want to release the game when hype is at a peak. They should not have told us about SD as soon or they should have released it, it has to be acceted by now right? I also would like to see a lower price cuz many good games r coming like Real Racing, Circuit Strike. One and Minigore, chillingo is breathing right down ngmocos neck for quality games, if i was ngmoco i would be VERY worried about chillingo

14. 21duc29

21duc29 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Student
    I feel the same way but when the game comes out, others will get it and with our assumptions, we will get it too. I think when it comes out, the hype will be back, trust me... ;)

15. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Hopefully......

16. mjmoco

mjmoco Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    San Francisco
    Apologies! I didn't mean to disappear. I've been running around E3 all week and have been without a reliable Internet connection. That said, I don't have any new Star Defense news to share.

MJ

17. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

great........

18. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    #58 NBM05, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
    I have found it anoying that every time one of the developers has mentioned the game since March the game has been "really close to being done," or "just going through fine tuning," and every time it has been "coming really soon. " Just give us a release date and stop stringing us along. From the initial developer comments, I thought this game was coming in March or early April. Now in June they're still saying "it's coming really soon." In the mean time, two other 3d TD's have already come out. Niether had even been announced when Star Defense was, which wouldn't be an issue except SD was "coming really soon."

19. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Well, look at what happened to NFS. The hype for that completely DIED. So many people got mad, including me, on all the delays and stuff. After it came out, everyone was getting excited and whatnot. I'm sure it's like that for this one, has it been submitted yet? They did say it was done...

20. AwakenOsiris

AwakenOsiris Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    we are getting closer, sd advertisment on toucharcade. we are getting warmer