Win $30 iTunes Gift Card--Game Testers Wanted for Cave Flier: "Impy"!!!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by iqSoup, Jun 14, 2013.

1. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Hope there will be a reward like a bonus multiplier at the start for every quest finished. +1 starting multiplier for every quest finished.

I also noticed a slowdown on my iPad3 on the 2nd level (Lolipop level). This always happens.

2. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Done completed the game.

3. bhavukjain1

Jun 14, 2013
    I've found some glitches. Have a look at them:
    1. The game sometimes hang in the middle of playing and after that nothing happens. Eventually I've to restart the game.
    2. I've also seen two same quests i.e to score a minimum of 5000 points.
    3. One of the quest was to reach level 3 but that quest was completed after reaching level 4 or league 3.
    4. The quest No. 17 was to end the game with the score mod of atleast 15 but was completed after reaching the score mod of 17.
    5. The high score is not submitted if there is no internet connection.

I also have a suggestion about the quests. They are just completed to finish the game but I think they should have more importance in the game. Like, by completing each quest the score mod should increase.

4. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    Congratulations to Touch Arcade member bhavukjain1--you are the first beta tester to completely beat all 20 quests of Impy!!! Your reward for your gaming courage and indomitable spirit is a $10 iTunes gift card!

The $30 contest for the top comment(s) is still active of course. We've had some great suggestions so far, keep 'em coming!

5. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I just downloaded through Tesflight on my iPad mini running ios 6.1.2.

6. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Before I actually get to playing, I should mention that you incorrectly spelled "vegetable" in the intro.

7. bhavukjain1

Jun 14, 2013
    Also, there is a mistake in the spelling "resetting" in the intro too.

8. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    A million thanks for that one! I've stared at it so many names I would never catch that! Would have been embarrassing to hit the app store like that!

9. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    It's amazing how many do. I would think that the very first and final thing checked would be spelling/grammar.

10. waffer15

waffer15 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    The game is pretty badass. The gameplay itself is amazing. My only thing i would say is the menus. They dont look that good. But the game looks amazing and is addictive.

11. mlago9

mlago9 Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Ok I joined the test flight group now do I just wait for you to send me it?

12. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    #32 iqSoup, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    Put a new build up on TestFlight. Also added some of the newer UDIDs, so if you joined recently you should be able to download it now--just go to your TestFlight app and it should be there! We've had some great suggestions so far! In this latest build we've made some fixes (some typos) to the app and implemented some of the suggestions we've received! Most notably we've updated it so your starting score modifier matches your current quest number. Thanks to both iANiMeX and bhavukjain1 for that suggestion!

Still working on implementing some of the other suggested changes--thanks to all who've commented thus far!

We've reached out device limit for this app so were no longer accepting new beta testers at this point. Hopefully everyone who wanted to participate go the chance to sign up.

Just a few more days before the $30 iTunes gift card contest is over! So get playing, go like us at facebook.com/iqsoup, and write your comments here on this thread! Again, the tester with the best, most helpful comments/suggestions will win the $30 gift card. As said, we've already had some great input so far, but its not over yet! I initially said the contest would go till Friday but we're a little late getting the latest batch of devices added so we'll give you the rest of the weekend and announce the final winner on Monday (1st of July)!

Thanks to all participants!

13. bhavukjain1

Jun 14, 2013
    You mean 1st July (Monday)?

14. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    lol -- just updated it! I checked my clock to see what day Monday was and I guess I blanked and just read today's date instead! Too much coding for me today--I'm going to sleep!

15. bhavukjain1

Jun 14, 2013
    Haha. Have a good sleep. Also, my current global rank is #1

16. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    And the winner is...

It was hard to pick the winner. Had some great comments and suggestions. We want to thank everyone for participating--you've all helped make this a better game! But there can only winner.

And its: iANiMeX!!! His winning suggestion was to have the starting multiplier relate to the quest level. Again, there were lots of great comments but I think this one has most improved the overall game. We've already added this to the last beta build. I think it really helps things a lot and makes passing quests a lot more meaningful. bhavukjain1 actually had the same suggestion but iANiMeX said it first so we picked him as the winner. bhavukjain1 is our runner up though--congrats to both of you! iANiMex will reserve a $30 iTunes card as winner of the contest!

Thanks again to everyone who helped out! We will submit Impy to the App Store shortly--it should be out by the end of the month!!!

17. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Congrats on winning.

18. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Congrats to iAnimeX. Frankly, I gave up...I'm testing a number of apps and, despite the prize, I have obligations to other devs.

19. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Wow. Nice. Thanks for picking me up as the winner of the contest.

Thanks Greyskull and tso5818.

20. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    Thank YOU for your suggestion! Its a simple idea that makes it a better game and something I personally never considered. PM me with an email where I can send the gift card! Congrats again!