Win 5 x $20 PayPal Prizes for reviewing "B-Grade Renegade: Race to the Rocket" (iOS)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by MUZBOZ, Oct 20, 2017.

1. MUZBOZ

MUZBOZ Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Game Designer, King, and Lord of the Realm
    Melbourne, Australia
    Canadian Crusader of the North

Ahhh, I see you are also a "Death Road to Canada" fan!

When I saw that come out, I was like, oh man, this is a lot like my game (but different)...

When I saw the trailer, I was like, "Man! This is exactly what I was thinking for a trailer! But this guy has gone off the deep end!"

I had plans for much more b-grade acting, doing stuff with green-screen, and blood effects, and stuff. I've still got a danged miniature green-screen setup taking up the corner of my room with plasticine, and stick trees, and toy cars all over it, but I never really got it together to do the full production! :)

Anyway, enjoy!

2. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    US store. Although I couldn’t tell you my review name unless it’s my iOS log in then itd be dhalsell. :p I’ve left reviews I’ve just never gone back to Read them.. I figured I wrote it no need to read it lol.

3. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Eesh it does need more reviews on the US AppStore cause the game still shows no reviews lol that’s stupid it should show it even if there’s just 1 . I know I know it’s to keep bad devs with bad games from spamming 5* most amazuhzing gayme evar!!! Buy now!!! And it showing the game as a top rated game.

4. MUZBOZ

MUZBOZ Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #24 MUZBOZ, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    :D YES! Time is drawing to a close!

The end times! Only a few days left.

Get your reviews in, fresh with dollops of honey, to be in the draw for the golden ticket!

:p

5. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Few days? Today is 23rd:) like 1,5 day

6. MUZBOZ

MUZBOZ Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #26 MUZBOZ, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Exactly!

You see! The entropy is setting in! Time doth dwindle, like a leaking TARDAS!

I'm sort of not sure whether to go off Australian time or US time, etc.

I think I'll need to wait until the end of Tuesday US time, which is maybe a full 2 days away.

It seems to be 6am Monday in San Francisco - the Centre of the Technological Known Earth Time (CTKET) - right now. ;)

:)

7. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Reviewed as @Dreadnokv1 Canadian store

8. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Left a review as snowyShake on the US app store. Thanks for the contest and great job on the app! It's been truly a blast so far.

9. MUZBOZ

MUZBOZ Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks!

Thanks humayanakbra!

I'm at the GCAP (Games Connect Asia Pacific) this week in Melbourne, Australia, and the conference ends tomorrow evening, so I'm gonna get back to my computer and wrap up this competition as soon as I can! Sorry for any possible delay that may or may not be related to after conference drinking, and general game development rampantess!

I really appreciate everyone entering the comp, trying out the game, and reviewing it!

You are wonderful... Prizes to be awarded soon! :)

Murray "Muzboz" Lorden
    MUZBOZ Games

10. MUZBOZ

MUZBOZ Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thank you for the review snowyShake, it truly makes me feel rad everytime someone seems to be enjoying the game!

Prizes to be awarded soon! Just gotta get through this games conference in Melbourne with some hitpoints left, and I'll get in touch with the winners.

Thanks so much again for playing and reviewing! <|:)-/-|8 [Wizard on a skateboard]

11. MUZBOZ

MUZBOZ Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #31 MUZBOZ, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Still some time to go! Ends Tuesday midnight San Fran time!

I'm planning to shoot out a few bonus "Classic Cars IAP" codes to a few people via private message as a bonus too, at the end.

WorldTimeBuddy.com tells me it's currently 9pm Tuesday, Melbourne time (just after a free-drinks thing at GCAP Melbourne) :), and it's 3am Tuesday morning in San Francisco. So there's still some time to go!

So I hope to get myself together in front of a non-mutant-based-keyboard shortly after the end of Tuesday midnight, San Fran time, to get in touch with people about getting prizes to them.

I'll announce the winners in full here on this thread once it's all drawn and winners can be celebrated. Thanks again everyone for entering so far!

There's still about 15 hours left for the comp. I'm planning to cut off any entries after midnight on Tuesday San Fran time, so you can still enter until then.

ENJOY. :)

- MUZBOZ of MUZBOZ Games

:D

12. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Death Road To Canada is one of my all time favorite game I laugh every time I play it. I was lucky enough to beta test so I saw it through a lot of changes.

I’m also a huge Dreadnok fan from GI Joe I have the dreadnok logo tattooed on my arm.

While playing my rating went from a 3 to a 4 I’m enjoying it a lot hopefully my review shows up soon

13. MUZBOZ

MUZBOZ Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #33 MUZBOZ, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    GI Joes

Haha! Getting a laugh from a game is a pretty special thing. Not that many games are actually funny!

I still haven't tried Death Road to Canada. Loved the trailer. Shall have to give it a spin some time. :)

Oh man, I loved GI Joes! I had VIPER, and he was siiiick. I tried to dig a bit hole in the backyard once as a kid (early Level Design dreams!), and have them go into this hole. Um, turns out digging a hole with a stick is way harder than I thought.

I think that making games for me is totally a continuation of trying to like, dig holes, and play with He-Man figures, and Star Wars figures, GI Joes...

As a kid, I always wanted them to kinda "come alive", and "experience the environment" as if they were that small - as if the world were a life size miniature...

I actually went to a local school fair the other week and picked up some sweet He-Man figures for $20 for 4! Took this photo in my back yard, was just like being a kid again! Hahahahaa. I could totally make a movie with action figures and claymation or something.

[​IMG]

Signing off,

Murray "definitely NOT a man child" Lorden
    MUZBOZ Games

14. MUZBOZ

MUZBOZ Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    He-Man Loot Box from Fitzroy Market

Sorry to side track things, but...

Check out this sweet He-Man loot box! I only picked out a handful of the best 4. My brother has a whole collection, including Castle Grayskull and stuff.

I winced, and um'ed, and agh'ed about whether to buy more, but I think I hit the sweet spot, with He-Man, Stratos, Skeletor and "radar dude". I wanted Hordak, but his legs had gone all bowed and there weren't no fixin' 'em.

[​IMG]

15. MUZBOZ

MUZBOZ Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Good night, and good luck!

It's plainly time to go to bed when you start looking up GI Joe Cobra Viper on eBay looking for an original boxed action figure from your childhood!

GOOD NIGHT! :)

16. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Omg that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

17. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    I had the original Duke figure that came attached to the box of the first movie

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Reviewed in the UK store as psj3809

19. MUZBOZ

MUZBOZ Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    THANKS EVERYONE! Competition is closed! Winners will be announced soon.

Thanks VERY MUCH to everyone who has played the game and given a review. It means a heap to me, and the reviews are all lovely and thoughtful. :D

The competition is now closed! No more entries can be made.

I'm currently out at the big yearly Melbourne Game Dev conference right now, but shall announce the winners as soon as I can, announce them here, and I'll get in touch with people about distributing the prizes!

Thanks again, this was really ace.

Murray
    MUZBOZ Games

20. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Humayanakbra was a fake too, please notice that when winners will be chosen:)