Win Promo codes and Gift Cards! w/ Pocket BMX Games 2013

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by JasonS, Jan 21, 2013.

1. JasonS

JasonS Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Game Dev @ Fun Mob Games
    Australia
    #21 JasonS, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Don't let that stop you entering! :) In comp 3, only high scores that are emailed to us with a video will be entered. Those massive game center scores won't affect this comp. Also the developer's choice is not based on score at all, only on tricks/combos/use of the levels, etc.

In, Comp 2, we will be the picking the weekly high score from GC starting on the 28th. I think the top score last week was around 5 million? But again, only those who enter the competition(via email) will get included when we calculate who has the highest scores.

PS. I still haven't surpassed the 2 million mark either! , so you're doing better than me!

Here's my replay in the city level.

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Can you give us a list of GameCenter nicks of contestants who have entered so far, so we can track how the competition is going? If Mega-Slayer, dukewhip7 and Chrisburgerwithcheese are contestants then I can stop wasting my time and move onto something where I have at least a chance.

3. JasonS

JasonS Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Game Dev @ Fun Mob Games
    Australia
    The High Score competitions don't start until tomorrow 12:01 am, 28th Jan, so no one has entered yet. Which means the score to beat is 0!

I will update this thread with every entry score and video(we receive via email), so we can all keep track of how things are going. With the Developers choice prize, we will pick that at the end of the competition ( 4th Feb ) and it won't based on scores.

4. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    So you can basically disqualify any entry you don't like? What is the meaning of gamesmanship and spirit of the competition... sounds far too subjective.

5. JasonS

JasonS Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Game Dev @ Fun Mob Games
    Australia

Ok, let me explain the reason for this condition. We want these competitions to be based on SKILL. We are aware of ways that people can exploit the game in order to obtain massive scores while using little skill. We don't think it's fair for the people who play the game and enter the comps legitimately to have to compete with these types of scores. Without letting everyone know how to exploit the game, these conditions are the best way we can police it. We can see exactly how game is being played and if players are using "dirty tactics" to obtain big scores. We won't disqualify any submission because we "don't like it" only ones we all agree are not using skill, but exploiting the game. I hope this explains things.

6. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    4 days to go in the contest but I'm not seeing any of our regulars on the leaderboards. Wonder if people just forgot about this?

7. JasonS

JasonS Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Game Dev @ Fun Mob Games
    Australia
    Ok, We've got an entry!

For Competition 3, we have a video from sapphire_neo with a score of 5,062,581

Very nice. Your in first place so far.

8. JasonS

JasonS Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Game Dev @ Fun Mob Games
    Australia
    Ok everyone, this is the last day of the comp and we've only received one entry... Remember you must email me to tell me your game center name if you have left a high score and want to enter.

There have been plenty of scores posted to game center, but no emails to confirm entry.

9. dihpadilha

dihpadilha Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Hi JasonS I wish to participate to the second contest, I'm writing the review in the US App store and I will play and send to you an email with my game center and my highscore, thanks :D

10. dihpadilha

Oct 13, 2012
    #30 dihpadilha, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    Email sent JasonS :D I'm playing right now and soon as possible I send my best highscore to you :D

11. JasonS

JasonS Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Game Dev @ Fun Mob Games
    Australia
    Thanks! You have been entered :)

12. dihpadilha

Oct 13, 2012
    #32 dihpadilha, Feb 4, 2013
    thank you, I'm trying to send to you my recorded video for the 3rd competition, I will try to send in a couple of minutes, thanks for the chance

13. dihpadilha

Oct 13, 2012
    #33 dihpadilha, Feb 4, 2013
    Hi JasonS, I liked to participate for the developers choice of the 3rd competition, I shared the video on facebook, twitter and youtube :D thanks and the video that I send I cut the video in the wrong part, I'm send another video with the entire race :D

14. JasonS

JasonS Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Game Dev @ Fun Mob Games
    Australia
    The Competition has been closed. Thanks to all who entered. I'm going over all the videos and leaderboards now and will announce the winners shortly.

15. JasonS

JasonS Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Game Dev @ Fun Mob Games
    Australia
    Results

Ok Everyone, The results are in and as follows:

Competition #2: GameCenter High Score

$15 - sapphire_neo

and

$15 - dihpadilha

Competition #3:

1st - $25 - sapphire_neo
    2nd - $15 - Rich ( non TA member)
    3rd - $10 - dihpadilha

Developers Choice Award of $30 goes to sapphire_neo!!

Congrats all and check your Private messages. :)

Thanks to all who entered and I hope you guys enjoy your prizes.

Here are some Entries from sapphire_neo who won with the highest score and the developers choice:

16. dihpadilha

Oct 13, 2012
    #36 dihpadilha, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    AWESOME, thank you so much Jason, I'm really really happy, thank you for choosing me, OMG I'm so happy, thanks one more time :D I send a pm to you :D

17. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Thanks a lot for holding this contest, I really wish we could have seen more interest here. Your app is ridiculously fun!

18. dihpadilha

Oct 13, 2012
    #38 dihpadilha, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    Thank you one more time :D