Universal Wind-up Knight 2 - (by Robot Invader)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 9, 2014.

1. chrispruett

chrispruett Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Chief Taskmaster at Robot Invader
    How about a post on Polygon instead?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/10/5600738/engaging-the-hardcore-the-thinking-behind-wind-up-knights-unique-take

Good catch! We'll get this fixed!

2. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Yeah this happened to me and I lost a bunch of coins (the ones you get for buying the full game and more...) :(

3. chrispruett

Aug 30, 2011
    Please file a support request (Options > Support > Report a Problem) and we can take care of this for you.

4. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Okay, so you have to pay the $4/$9 unlock to play more than 8 levels in the main quest, regardless of whether you S rank all 8 of those levels?

5. chrispruett

Aug 30, 2011
    Yes. Unlocking is not affected by number of S-Ranks. You can play levels from way beyond the paywall in Tournament Mode even if you haven't paid for the unlock, though.

6. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Thanks for the answer. I definitely want to play all of the main game and not just those levels with the diamond objective of Tournament mode, so I'm off to buy the unlock.

7. chrispruett

Aug 30, 2011
    Thank you for the support!

8. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    #48 HansKaosu, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    Just grabbed the full game unlock.

9. NickyNichols

NickyNichols Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    My intent here is not to complain about the price, I'm sure many people find lots of value in getting a package that includes unlocking special weapon sets and a pile of in-game currency. I do believe, however, that a price for just a full game unlock should be available. I would have no problem paying $2-$4 for this game by itself.

10. Ederfb

Ederfb Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Like its predecessor, an amazing game! So much fun and replayabIlity! I consider this game, like the first one, the caliber of a $15 Xbox Live Arcade game... So, right now, for $4 bucks to unlock the full game, it's giving much more value than what you paid for. Thanks for making an amazing sequel to one of my best, and most played, iOS game! :)

11. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    #51 Snooptalian, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    I missed buying this on sale because I didn't have any iTunes credit. Deleted the game and reinstalled thinking the 30 minute sale would be up again but it's not. Is the $3.99 sale completely off now?

EDIT:
    Sale price finally popped back up for me. Made sure to snatch it for $3.99 before it disappeared again...

12. Initial D

Initial D Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Anyone know where to get the Gnome hat in level 20?

Awesome game by the way!

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I noticed (on Android at least) there's no option to restore purchases. How would one go about restoring the full game unlock in case they deleted the game and reinstalled it?

14. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Game Impressions

Just left a 5 star review on iTunes. This game is so much better than the first due to the replayability factor and polished visuals. I can see though where people might be upset about IAPs. This game has 42 levels, 3 side quests per level, so you would gave to play each level 4 times with different objectives. If you are a completionist, you have your work cut out for you! 10/10

15. chrispruett

Aug 30, 2011
    It should be automatic. If you log into Google Play game services before you uninstall / wipe / get a new phone, your progress will also be automatically restored when you reinstall and login again.

DonnyDJ76, thanks so much! Very happy to hear that you are enjoying our game. We worked really hard on it.

16. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #56 Matt33, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Level 24 cursed coin quest with basic armor and no checkpoints #hardcore lol

Could the frame rate be improved for certain "strenuous" quest types? Cursed coin ones being the most noticeable, Speedfreak being the worst I've seen so far. I guess the ipod touch 5 finds it difficult to run.

Is the "Dark Territory's" pacifist quest possible? I wind down before I reach the first crank. Also, nice job hiding the gnome hat in "The Descent," that was the trickiest to find.

17. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Game gets much better with the Hare Armor.

18. Initial D

Initial D Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Same for me on iOS. Then I tried using roll before reaching it and was able to get it. Can't wait for the last area!

19. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I've tried rolling, limiting double jumps, increasing double jumps, jumping then rolling for that diving action, but can't make it to the crank. Even so, these maneuvers shouldn't be necessary to complete this quest, right?

20. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Is it just me or do you hit a Pay wall at level 8? I can't progress further. So the free download offers 7 levels? Or am I missing something?