Witchspace 2 (ipad) - free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Yeah, I get that. I was just hoping it doesn't get even worse than that, not that that alone isn't bad enough.

The game itself does look promising, but I'm dreading how your "crew" figures into the story as it progresses...

DBC

2. RogerYoung

RogerYoung New Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Regarding the Crew

I'm the programmer and the game basically came to me like this. I like Space Trading games, and I like T & A.

Then, for fun, I happened to learn how to use DAZ studio with all of it's free tools and whatnot.

I couldn't find a decent Space Trader on the iPad that had any real payoff for flying around and doing stuff. So I figured, Hey, what if I reward the player for all of the running around and doing missions and whatnot, by giving them a sexy Image / pose / whatever.

Juvenile ? Yes, but I don't give a crap because it's fun and hot at the same time. You'd laugh your ass off to know how old I am.

Anyway, It's a game I built for me and to help me learn to program in iOS. Had fun making it and it is by far the best game I have on my iPad right now. Hope others enjoy.

TA

3. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I like space trading games too, I love elite and I'm on the design forum of Elite:Dangerous. Your game is good, I'd just like to make the point if the females looked like normal woman I would have no problem with it.

My problem is just because it seems to be sexualising children. I'm not saying you did this on purpose but its what I find uncomfortable, others may not notice or may not care, I only speak for myself.

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I never meant any insult; I posted this in the freebie because I love sandbox/trading/pirating space games. Or non-space games (I think I'm the only person who had, and played to death, a Elite style game named Hardwar which took place on the surface of Mars, iirc).

5. RogerYoung

RogerYoung New Member

Apr 1, 2013
    No biggie

No problem. The Crew, like I said are all version of the DAZ girl #4 and that is just the way she looks. Im not really a CGI modeler so I use what tools I can get for free.

So, it's all good.

6. Hehe, all for your rewards system. Nice icon by the way. Cool palette of colors.

Attached Files:

7. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I don't mind the girls, I like them, but even reading the help text I can't figure out how to play this.

8. RogerYoung

RogerYoung New Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Game has depth.

Tons of help topics with screenshots here. I do admit the game has a steep learning curve. I just get tired of simple games on the iPad so this one has some depth.

http://www.wubstudios.com/wordpress/

Check out the Witchspace 2 help section.