Universal WitchSpring2 (by SUYOUNG JANG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kiwiwalks, Oct 23, 2016.

1. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Dodgy one-liner reviews aside. Maybe it's the dev's seniors doing it and he can only nod and say thank you.

Anyhow though, thought I had to drop in here to say that's all unnecessary. Game is really really good. Translation is mostly accurate save for a few items showing an increase to the wrong stats. Story is good, the protagonist is personable. And combat/questing is fun! Overall, I'm actually surprised at the quality of the game/graphics/music/story being offered at 3.99. The amount of content too. I'm near finishing the story and I've put in 13h(according to my save playtime) so far. From what I hear, there's some bonus content after it's done. So, in summary again. A spectacular offering. I hope the dev makes a profit so he'll continue publishing titles like this.

The complete absence of ads or IAP too. Amazing.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'll have to agree with the above. I'm at about 3+ hours now and I'm still loving it. I'm an old school type RPG guy where I take my time to savor the game rather than go straight to every main quest and even the grind is fun.

Another nod to the story as well, it's not complex by any means but the good translation has made the story really good. I do feel emotions every now and then that I don't normally feel for mobile RPG games. Character art and animations are fantastic. Collecting pets is another fun aspect aside from crafting the best items.

I'm going to give it a 5/5 right now. Not sure why there's so many 1 posters here but it doesn't affect how good this game actually is. With a little tweaks I mentioned earlier, it could be perfect.

3. Cigarekt

Cigarekt Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2016
    #63 Cigarekt, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    How do I get to Northern Vavelie Hill? I can only get to Vavelie Road from Boar Land..... I must be missing something so obvious here.

Edit: Nvm, found it...

4. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #64 JohnnyClash, Oct 27, 2016
    Burp.. Fart.. Nevermind..

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I got to the ice hideout and I'm trying to get the cat pet that's sitting outside of it. Does anyone have any tips?

It blocks any damage above 30 which makes me concerned about fighting it later game. The only thing I could think of was burning it but it attacks way too fast with 40 agility which means I eventually get defeated. It can also heal past its max hp so I usually get nowhere very quickly. Slowing it with ice didn't help much either. Hopefully there's some other strategy I'm missing.

6. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Picked this up tonight - probably won't get to play until the weekend, but I'm looking forward to it! :)

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I hope you come back and tell me what you think! I've been pretty outspoken about it because I want this game to succeed. These are the perfect kind of premium mobile games we need more of. It also helps that it has its own charm beyond the RPG aspect :eek:

8. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Bought! Can't wait to delve in. You guys sold me on it, and I hope I enjoy it as much! Thanks for the impressions.

9. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Yeah I'm wondering if I'm missing because my damage is too high or it is too agile. Maybe both?

There are wands and swords that will, it seems, drastically raise or lower one or the other, so it seems one of those will need to be used to nerf your attack...

But I wonder if a very high agility will let you land a hit as well, or if you need both.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah true. I mixed different pets and weapons in order to do the damage I wanted but ultimately I was too strong. My agility scales with strength so by the time I'm fast enough, I'll be way too strong.

On the bright side I did enjoy experimenting with different set ups. I used multiple different pets with varying results which was pretty fun. Though still no idea how to beat it. Maybe high level burning him while tanking the damage (very late game?).

11. Kiwiwalks

Kiwiwalks Active Member

Here's one tip. If your power is too high, you can beat necomis by using the pet catched in Arua island;)

12. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Thanks! First impressions are great! I am loving the graphics, smooth gameplay, and music!

13. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I've got to thank the wiki for that. Despite the very bad translation Google does, that one name stood out and I thought, why not? I had tried a lot of things before then.

But about the end of the game;
    is there a specific tactic to beating Temar and the Mind room?

I managed to clear the
    Mirror room, by somewhat cheating, and intentionally equipping very low power magic/using a sword. But I don't see how you'd be able to beat yourself without doing this. My doppelganger hits for 75k if I'm using my usual setup

14. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I got him by using Fire for the DoT, then just healing up

15. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    You get to it by going down from Durok, not up from Boar Land

16. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    I can't figure out what I need to give the golem in the dwarf village to activate him - any tips?

I'm also feeling a bit stuck.. only quest seems to beat the dragon (that I can't quite beat), I'd have thought there's more to do with the black witch but can't seem to move the story on! Last thing was getting the cursed sword in the cave (that I've now purified)

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #77 L.Lawliet, Oct 27, 2016
    I tried using Aslan and I'm still too powerful? I even put on the weakest magic on the lowest slot and that misses. Aslan's half magic damage attack still misses. Not sure what else to do.. I can't even tell if I'm too weak or too strong? The cat's magic attack takes out over half my HP (max HP 150) so I die very quickly. I die in two turns quite often. But then my physical and magic attacks are still too strong?

Also I think you should fix the pet walking animations. They stick way too close to the main character. As you walk around the map they look like they are constantly hitting her in the back as they are walking. You should make it so that the pets never touch your character when they are following her.

18. Kiwiwalks

Kiwiwalks Active Member

Use the rabit around Arua Island, you can solve it.
    And thanks to your opinion for improving. I will check it and consider updating:)
    Thank you!

19. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Might buy. The reviews in her are hilarious. What's up with the guy crying and asking us not to call him faggy. Haha

20. machine56

machine56 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2014
    Finally can beat nekomis (the black cat near the icewitch house) , with using RABBIT pet, much thank you for the hints guys!. yay.
    now onto collecting moar stuff..

KIWIWALKS, is there any way to unlock and use the raptor-like-dragon that is being used by pieberry ?
    because that dragon pet is so damn fast to run over the map, looks cool. or is it just exclusively for pieberry ?

thank you.