Wolfenstein RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sizzlakalonji, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Loving the control scheme so far (don't really like the bunch of arrows the Quest has.)

2. MojoArcanus

MojoArcanus Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I personally can't wait for this game!
    I love anything to do with Wolfenstein. The vid looks great.

3. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    The video does look good, but I'd like to see a video with someone who has mastered the controls a little better.

Hmmm...Wolf3D or WolfRPG? :confused:
    Guess I'll have to give it a little thought.....

4. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I'm going with both. That's just how I roll.;)

5. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    I wonder when the game will be released. And the price. I'm looking forward to it.

6. fructose

fructose Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Yeah, I agree.

Well, knowing how EA is with some games, this will probably have a pretty high price when it first comes out. I'm thinking, maybe, 6 bucks? I don't think they'd pull a $10 on us. Or at least I hope not.

And Wolf3D is still on sale for $2. I don't know why I haven't got it yet, haha

7. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    And what you are doin ;)

AND WHAT I AM DOING?! :eek:

8. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Well the footage is from some person who got it because it was accidently released to the Japanese store. It's been removed, but this guy got it and took some video. Release imminent since it's been accidently released? It looks perfect to me.

9. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    #29 inferi22, May 16, 2009
    Last edited: May 16, 2009
    looks like every thing good about the quest plus everythoing goog about wolf-3D-AWESOME
    plus better graphics than both

10. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    This does look really good. I have been fantasizing what Rogue Touch would look like if CD joined teams with the Dev from Real Maze 3D. It would be AMAZING!!!
    Perhaps this one will come close. Does anyone know if the levels are randomized?

11. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Wow this looks pretty sweet! I never had Wolf RPG, but I had Doom RPG on my mobile and loved that game. But I think one of my favorite things about it was it was perfect for one handed play. That is really the only cell phone game I ever actually played due to that fact. It would be cool if there could somehow be a portrait mode option in this game? (might be alone on that one). Anyway, the graphics look pretty cool in this game, but they are 2D sprites, is this like a port of the cell version or did they redraw things for iPhone?

12. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    As far as I know they are not random... I'm 99% sure

13. Alichan76

Apr 15, 2009
    Oh bum:(

14. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    I believe this has the same basic gameplay that Orcs and Elves on the DS had which was a lot of fun.

15. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Is it just me, or does this game look completely unimpressive from what is shown in that video? And I am not just talking about the guy playing it... ;)

16. Alichan76

Apr 15, 2009
    It's just you...

17. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Thank you! I thought I was the only one thinking this. The controls look pretty bad to me, but that could be just that player. The graphics look pretty sweet though. Overall the game looks okay, although I will probably end up getting it when it's released.

18. Alichan76

Apr 15, 2009
    #38 Alichan76, May 16, 2009
    Last edited: May 16, 2009
    ok, so it's not just you apparently;)
    It look miles better than Wolfenstein 3D to me. I tried to get into the latter, but after a few maps wandering around all those empty rooms and corridors, I was longing for something...anything...to spice things up a bit. I know that will get the retro die hards all a fuming saying things like 'well, what do you expect, it's the original Wolf3D on your iPhone' and so on, but hey! This RPG version looks to my eyes, really promising, and certainly more fun than its 3D counterpart. Plus as someone mentioned earlier, the slick controls are not the be all and end all with this one. It's turn-based, so you can take your time.

19. ryoi

ryoi Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    can't wait to have this one on my phone
    guess its coming out somewhere next week?

20. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    how can the controls be bad? It's a flipping turn base game. John Carmack is no idiot, he knows what he is doing;)