Universal WonderCat Adventures (by MovieWriterPro)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by WonderCat, Jun 13, 2015.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    What a fantastic one touch platformer with great graphics! Wonderful!

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This is such a good game! I couldn't recommend enough! So freaking satisfying and addicting!

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Excellent, excellent game. This easily reminds me of why i love runner games. The good visuals, fantastic one-tap touch controls with unique but easy to master physics (more on this later), great sense of varying speeds and a cool concept that your character doesnt do all the movement, but the background elements do... And, a cat-driven Mech, nuff-said.

The uniqe physics comes from the landing part of a jump. In most auto-runners, you jump in fixed arcs. In Wodercat Adventures, when letting go of the jump, you slowly lose the forward momentum and drop at a steeper angle than your original trajectory. It took a few runs to adjust to this physics, but I am loving this system right now as it gives you more control in your landing as well as avoid the usual trappings of auto-runners where you cant see fast enough where you'll land. It's a really good mechanic.

Part of the elements that remind me why i love these types of auto-running platformers and gaming in general, is that it's a premium title with all the right flavors.

4. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Great game! The graphics are awesome and the gameplay is simple yet works well. I would be interested in if the game could have a mid level checkpoint since it can get frustrating to start over at the beginning of the level when you've made it so far etc... Or possibly just having it as an option would be interesting!

Definitely worth .99!

5. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    #45 demod1, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Excellent game! I'm really glad I picked it up. At first I thought it was too simple, but the game progresses and ramps up difficulty quite well. And to the "one guy" that said he was having an impossible time with 1.9... You must be really awful at games of this type, because I'm certainly not that great, and I passed it on about the fifth try. Pretty sad when you ask for a refund because a game as a marginal difficulty curve. To the developer: Well done!

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Really loving this, but here's one that frustrates me... We need an instant restart button. One that is just showing on the screen.

Having to tap pause first then tap restart doesnt work for how much replay one needs to do to attempt gettig 3-stars on each stage.

7. WonderCat

WonderCat Active Member

Thanks guys!
    We'll add the "instant restart button", it will definitely be better for crystals seekers :)
    Also, another update will be available in the next few days with lot of levels improvements.

8. WonderCat

WonderCat Active Member

9. WonderCat

WonderCat Active Member

The Crystal Mines Boss is waiting for you ! :D

[​IMG]

10. WonderCat

WonderCat Active Member

:D The game is now featured with a banner on the app store and iTunes :D

It's nice to be there with all these other great games, Thanks TouchArcade and everyone here, I'm sure you're a big part of Apple choice to feature WonderCat Adventures !

[​IMG]

11. V for Viennetta

V for Viennetta Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 9, 2013
    Male
    near the door
    Just a little word for anyone who's seen this has dropped in price to Free here on TA today... It's not free, at least on the UK AppStore, at the mo.

12. WonderCat

WonderCat Active Member

#52 WonderCat, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Yep, the game is 1.99$, some technical issue made it free for a very short time, sorry about that
    Note that there is no IAPs and no Ads in the game

13. lancheta

lancheta Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    Not free in U.S store

14. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Look above...

15. LazuliSpoon

LazuliSpoon New Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Finally finished collecting all the crystals in this game! Seems like only 11 other people have done this on the GameCenter leaderboard, so I figured I'd post a walk-through of the level where getting all crystals was the hardest (3.7) in case that helped anyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwBiw6PfQiY

16. WonderCat

WonderCat Active Member

17. WonderCat

WonderCat Active Member