World of Goo [Releasing 14th of April]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    #81 Ashflow, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
    I'm pretty sure it was NEVER said by anyone (important) that the game was coming out this wednesday/thursday. You guys were just getting your hopes up when you thought it was going to be released the same week (maybe late last week) that it was submitted. I'll bet good money that it's out next week.

2. Appbolt

Appbolt Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2010
    I just checked the new zealand appstore and there is no update to make this game universal, but hopefully the update comes tonight for the game.:D:D

3. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Yes! Exactly what I thought! Noone has official proof that world of goo will come out this week, it'll probly be out next week :)

4. natejeevas

natejeevas Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Student
    Not USA
    Wow, really? I thought it was official, what's with the specific date and time.
    GUess that's what happens when I'm too hyped.

5. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    I think that's when it was submitted and ppl think that it will get approved this week... But that's highly unlikely :)

6. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    ...:( i'm legit crying inside.

7. Appbolt

Aug 29, 2010
    Actually it could still come in the US. Maybe apple releases the update around the world at the same time. So it would be like 11 here but at somewhere else it could be like four or five in the morning. I don't know if I'm right but this could be.

8. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    You all are wrong, not all new games come out at wednesday night at 11. If you think that your insane. It could come out in the next two mins or maybe next month. Im sure it will come out as soon as it is approved, usually a week, so it should be out this week or early next week.

9. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    O well .I guess its off to bed. Maybe it will be here soon.

10. Lance_TA

Lance_TA Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Its this game the same one we all played on our PCs years ago? Does anybody know if there are differences between PC and iOS versions???

11. Billiam

Billiam New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    You can touch the goo balls, thats pretty much it.

12. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    yea but a lot of the big ones are released then on purpose (ie. just about every gameloft game).

13. Appbolt

Aug 29, 2010
    Search world of gop in the iPod touch/ iPhone AppStore and if will say did you mean world of goo.

14. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    World of Goo for ipad was released on wednesday night. It was approved quite a few days before that. I think it'll be safe to say that the iphone version will be released on a wednesday night too just like most of the other big name games. Apple actually encourages devs to release their games on thursday (ie wednesday nights). So I dont think anyone else here is insane if they think it might be released on a wednesday.

15. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Also very strange there's no screenshot, video or preview from the Iphone version :(

16. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    That might be because from what I understand the announcement to mean is it will just be a universal update to the existing iPad version. So not sure there would be much different to see.

I mean it is just going to be an update right?

But I agree, it seems likely to be on a Wednesday night / Thursday release but just because it was posted as an upcoming story doesn't mean the very next Wed it will be ready. But can they set release dates for updates? Or do they just go through automatically when approved? This is the confusing part.

17. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    World of Goo iPhone will be a new app. The iPad version will get an update to make it universal too. That way those who dont care about iPad can get the iPhone only version and those who paid (upto) 10 bucks for the ipad version already will get the iPhone version for free.

Also updates can be scheduled to show up on a specific date. But I dont think they work like NZ releases. Whenever you release the approved update, it shows up everywhere at the same time.

18. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Wait, universal is confirmed? I knew that there was going to be a new app for iPhone, but the TA article did not make it seem like universal was coming out. I planned to get the iPhone version on launch day as it is going to be $0.99 for that day only, but if it is also going to be universal I don't need to bother. :)

19. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    http://toucharcade.com/2011/04/04/world-of-goo-comin-to-the-iphone-and-ipod-touch-soon/

20. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Well I'm waiting for the universal so I really don't care, but remember when new big games only came out on Sunday night for Monday? Im just saying that 2D Boy can release anyway they want. Maybe they want to be different from other companies; it doesn't have to be Wednesday night.