World of Goo [Releasing 14th of April]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    They didn't want to be different with the iPad version. Apple pushing a specific day for all the big games means customers come to expect it at that time and are on the lookout. Higher exposure on release, why risk releasing on a quiet day just to be different?

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Ok - I was confused then and didn't realize there were still two versions.

I bought iPad version when it was on sale for 99 cents in the expectation that one day I would get an iPad, so I guess I will be waiting for the universal update for that.

3. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Now I'm confused... Why would they be releasing an iPhone specific app, and make the iPad one universal? Unless there's a price difference for some reason, why would you buy the iPhone only one and not the universal one?

4. Rofl Copter

Rofl Copter Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    The iPad one is going universal to make it so people that bought the iPad version don't have to buy it again, and the iPhone one will be a cheaper iPhone exclusive one. The ipad version will probably stay at the 5.99 price so they don't lose to much money.

5. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I thought they said the ipad version was getting a universal update, and then it was going on sale for 99 cents. Not sure what all this talk of two apps is.

6. UncleLimey

UncleLimey Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    2d boy said the iPad version was getting a universal update. All other talk in this thread regarding 2 separate versions is the usual rumours made up by people

7. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Good. Nice to see things didn't get a retarded since the friggin touch arcade post on the subject a few days ago.

8. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    ^ ...What?

9. UncleLimey

UncleLimey Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Apple don't push for specific release days for big titles... There is a clear and simple reason why devs choose Thursday as a day for releasing lots of stuff... And that simple reason is that the app store featured pages get updated on a Friday, and by releasing on a thursday, their games show up in the hot new games section

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    ...and that's why it's recommended! :rolleyes:

11. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    They sure can release it anytime they wish once its approved. But considering they released the iPad version on thursday too, I doubt they'll bother changing it to some other day for iPhone release.
    Actually they do..

12. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I said this at the beggining of the week, and I think it will happen.

13. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    soo any news?

14. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    Yes: it's been submitted.

If that's not what you were looking for, than just be patient. (please)

15. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    "World of Goo" is now searchable on the AppStore although it still isn't out yet. Doesn't that mean it's been approved? Should be soon right?

16. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    WOW, thanks for the info~

17. Veign06

Veign06 New Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Yep...anyone check nz store? Everytime something pops up in search it has came out that day...for those I've checked anyways :)

18. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Bullshit still nothing here !

19. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    It's not out in NZ and i always thought it being searchable just meant i allot of people searched for it.

20. Veign06

Veign06 New Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Well for FF3, PQ2, Rainbow Six, Dungeon Hunter2, NBA Jam, etc...I would search all the time for them at work but for every one of them the time they showed up in Search, that night they showed up in the app store...but I think just about all of them were Wed/Thurs releases so who knows. At least we know its coming this week at some point, if not tonight.