iPhone World of Goo - releasing on 16/Dec

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by amroc, Nov 22, 2010.

1. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    Seriously apple, this is ridic. I thought that they would push this to the front since it is such a well-known game and is sure to cash in some great revenue. Im sure It will be featured in one of the big box things on the appstore, if not the game of the week.

2. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Ok, wish there was an iphone version coming out.

3. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Lol apple is taking their sweet time ain't they. First Jobbs rejects painkiller, than settlers by Ubisoft themselves, and now they are taking their sweet time with world of goo. Lol at apples stance on gaming. They like don't get the industry at all and are catering to these big time schmuck devs worse than nintendo in the early n64 era and late snes era had.

4. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Do they have to like play through the entire game to approve it and make sure there are no hot coffee mods or something? If so imagine how long it will take them to approve aralon.

5. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Yes. Its a downside of the ios gaming world...no dates of release ever because its always in God..uhh..Apple's hands:/

Infinity blade is a heavy exeption because jobs liked it.

6. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    #46 Stirolak26, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
    What I meant is outside infinity blade, they aren't catering to big name devs or publishers at all and doing their thing like nintendo tried vs Sony in the psx vs n64 era with little success. All the other pure gaming co pains including the multi industry companies like Microsoft, try to appease these devs and let them put any crap they want on their systems look at the ds with all the shovel ware like babries this or that. Maybe it's a cultural thing but look at the ps2 with all the weird japanese crap like rape sims or dating sims or that naked man stump crap.

7. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    I've given up waiting for this, to announce it had been submitted usually means a few days wait especially for a core title. To be honest 11 days now it is a joke. I thought Apple had a priority or fast-track service for known quantities, oh well. They ought to be looking after 2d boy there is money going down the drain here. (I bought Rock Band Reloaded instead now)
    Good luck those who are waiting maybe it will show up sometime next week, but don't hold your breath for a release this week now.

8. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    DOOOO da la la la

Just waiting for this game is crazy -_-
    It should be out any day. I think 2 weeks is generally longest it takes to review
    So might be by monday hopefully!

9. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    the windows live version is only 5 bucks and they are charging $10 for the ipad version?
    http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/World-of-Goo/

speaking of which has anyone noticed how cheap and even competitive to the app store prices windows live has been getting? Its a waay better deal than Steam and there are $.99 cent games daily like today they have Viva Pinata. Why is steam so expensive especially for mac owners? And why is starcraft 2 still so expensive (and Im talking about the digital distribution version). Blizzard is like freaking first party nintendo.

10. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Where did you hear they are charging $10 for the iPad version? :(

11. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    You actually expected it to be less than $10?

And you're sad that it is?

What is the world coming to?

BTW pocketgamer is the source.

12. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    #52 starmonkey101, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
    Cut him some slack! He doesn't know any better. Hes never experienced the world of goo before so he doesn't know what to expect. I would pay $10, but we would all rather pay $5:rolleyes:

13. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    I never played the game before and I find it difficult to spend a whole giftcard at once....

Thank you :) plus I think I have the right to use the sad face emoticon whenever I want... Lol. Sorry that bothers some people... :rolleyes:

14. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    May i recommend trying out the free demo on the pc. That should help give you a taste of what to expect. Or if your real brave the windows store has world of goo on sale for $5
    http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/World-of-Goo/

Hope this helps

15. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    Thank you for the recommendations, if it still isn't out in a week I will take you up on it. :) i plan on getting the iPad version for sure, I was just commenting that I will probably hesitate when I see that it's gonna cost me a whole giftcard... I was hoping it was going to be $5 like the windows version.

16. Infamous97

Infamous97 Well-Known Member

When will it be out!!!!!!!

17. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Glad i could help. As a side note it is still a good bargain for the ipad as when it first came out on the pc it cost $20. :eek:

18. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    I was expecting this LAST monday... and it might not even be here by THIS monday....:(

19. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    I'm sure it will be out before the holidays so its gotta be out within the next two weeks. I know that doesnt make it come out now but.... its coming soon!

Wow, that really helps me put this in perspective. Cuz til this point I was thinking it was $5 for the PC game.

20. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    ^~}#*^}#[^^]^!!!!!!!!

Yum!

Please keep the launch price for awhile, no sales... I will be powerless to avoiding buying it the very instant it appears in the store. :)