Worms 3 by Team 17 Software ltd -> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sink_or_swim, Sep 17, 2013.

1. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Sorry to pull you up (HUGE Amiga fan).

But it was an Amiga game,written for a competition by UK mag AMIGA FORMAT.Written in blitz basic by Andy Davidson.

Finally picked up and published by TEAM 17 .Who were well know at the time for picking talented coders,gfx artist & musicians from the AMIGA demoscene.

The company used to sell PD software,thus demoscene roots ...And used to call itself 17bit software.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Worms Crazy Golf is back up to $2.99, but Worms 3 is still $0.99.

Cheers, Amiga fans! No worries.

3. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    The gameplay is of "Pocket Tanks".

4. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Not really.

This game series, and its gameplay, date back to 1995 and has had over two dozen games based upon it in the intervening 18 years.

The Pocket Tanks series debuted in 2001.

It is possible that that original Worms was based in part on Scorched Earth, a 1991 game (also on the Amiga platform) and the ancestor of Pocket Tanks. So, although they are similar games and likely share a common ancestor, at this point it is seemingly more the case that Pocket Tanks borrowed heavily from the Worms series and not the other way around.

5. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Oh! I didn't know that. Actually I haven't played the original worms game but I've played the Pocket Tanks that's why I was relating the game with it.

6. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
  7. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Just bought and tried, this version is superior in terms of control to the other ios worms releases, really like it.