Worth it to download Gameloft games anymore?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nfong, Oct 26, 2011.

1. matrx4lv

matrx4lv New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    yeah true i mean they made games available for every ipod and ipohone bt now they have jst marked their place only from 3gs and above ......wtf does this have to do with marketing.if they would have never brought their change they surely would have profited a lot more though we would have got some crappy graphics atleast we could have played the game .....!!!!
    buying a iphone 4 is my only option now and that hurts a lot everytime i think abt it

2. matrx4lv

matrx4lv New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    its the public thats mad(like me) .jst cause they dont have a iphone 4 or a higher device with openngl 2.0 they blame gameloft for it cuz they cannot run their games on older gen devices and on same time wanna have great graphics....

3. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Splinter Cell, Modern Combat 1, NOVA 1, Driver, Spiderman Total Mayhem are just a few great games that run on 2nd generation idevices that look and play well.

4. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    What? The engine had several major overhauls. MC3 is amazing. Your loss. ;)

5. kearnel

kearnel Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    I have to agree, awesome game and looks great, my only gripe with game loft is that there characters mouths don't move when they talk, lol, although sometimes they do in mc3

6. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Agreed. EA discounts their games to 99 cents too. In fact, I'd say EA does more holiday sales.

7. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    It's actual the same amount of sales I think between the two, except EA puts sales on ALL their games while Gameloft only does it on 6 games...

8. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Gameloft + iDevice = epic win

But yeah, the whole taking down of paid apps is pretty sh*tty IMO. I don't see why and maybe if they were more customer supportive we wouldn't be puzzled by this act of selfishness (for lack of a higher knowledge - ie. Don't flame me). As far as I know their customer communication sucks hard.

And who in here was complaining because they stopped supporting 2g. Imagine the standards if 2g support was a necessity. Buy a 3g touch used if you can't afford a 4g or a new iPhone. Get with the times, my man.

9. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Yeah, I guess.

10. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    I have a 3G touch and it is really feeling outdated already. Modern Combat 3 runs, but not well at all. Also, all those retina-optimized games look like crap in SD. N.O.V.A. 1 looks better than #2, and Let's Golf 2 looks 10x better than the third. 4G is the only way to be up-to-date.

11. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    9mm has giant multiplayer maps. The multiplayer on 9mm is Awesome. Surprised that no one mentions 9mm.

12. kearnel

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    i need to play that, its in my 'to do' list, lol... too many games, need more hours in the day

13. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Gotta agree with you on that! I always make it a habit personally, to keep my older iterations of a game until I buy the new one and then decide whether it's a big step up before deleting my older one. Easiest way for me. Glad I do, or I certainly would be kicking myself if I would've dumped Let's Golf 2! Geez! Hope Gameloft shoots themselves in the foot for pushing with their strategy there. I DO like a lot of their stuff in general though, I must say...

14. daigamer

daigamer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I hate threads that people just want to be cheap. Look all of gameloft"s game's they are solid , well made and always fun. People forget your only paying 99-$6.99 for thier games. Thats a drop in the buck for the type of quality your getting in each of thier games.

15. kearnel

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    Cheaper than an xbla game and we get more content

16. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    You buy a game when you think it is worth the current price. If it entertains you for a little while than don't worry about the future of the pricing. I don't buy a game in 2005 and then complain when in 2006 it dropped in price from 59.99 to 19.99.

17. kearnel

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    Agreed, if I want the game now, I'm willing to pay full price, if not, then I wait, but when they have a sale, I find myself buying all the games I don't have, lol

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Sadly, this is a hard concept for people to grasp. Just like the concept that not every game is supposed to be $0.99 or free is hard for AppStore customers to understand.

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    The problem with most people that are cheap when it comes to buying apps from the App Store is, because they're spoiled. I've seen way too many 99 cent and free games on App Store comparing to games that cost more than that. When you get few good 99 cent games, you start to think every game that you can get with a buck is decent and if 6.99 game is just a little better, why bother. Either way, Gameloft's games are awesome and I don't know why you have to create such a hate thread. Besides, if you're one of those $0.99 fanboys, Gameloft has sales for pretty much all holidays...

20. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Well I've been personally boycotting them since the lets golf thing before that I think I had well over 20 of their titles many of them I bought at the full price three of which have been pulled and changed to freemium.

I could write a huge page on why I dislike them and freemium in general but I know it won't make a difference to peoples opinions so I won't bother.