WOTA - Wolves of the Atlantic

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VIC20, Mar 7, 2010.

1. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Hey mark, I was reading on your Facebook that you might release a demo where you just watch a battle. I think that is a great idea and hope to see it, you might be even able to make some money of of it.

Ps. Sorry I always come here to talk but I don't have a Facebook and I wish the website had forums but I don't see that it has any. Thanks

2. Cmdr_Overscore

Cmdr_Overscore Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    #102 Cmdr_Overscore, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
    Hmm, a demo would be even cooler if it was a theatre mode in the full game.

y'know what would be hardcore? Uploading an epic battle to youtube or even facebook :cool:

3. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    AI vs AI will be one of the next movies, but this still needs some time (i'm currently busy)

4. Cmdr_Overscore

Jan 26, 2011
    So, I don't know where WOTA's at with gameplay development, but does it look like it'll be able to have a relatively non-laggy multiplayer?
    Through Gamecenter even?
    Really, that's a pretty big thing to help re-playability :)

5. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Never noticed this before looks very good a lot better than the Silent Hunter IOS version. I'll be looking forward to this one being released.

6. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Multiplayer will not be part of version 1.0.

7. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    That's fine, it sounds like all the time you put in it that it won't need multiplayer which to me wouldn't be really fun. Singleplayer is what I'm really looking forward to. I have to admit that it looks a
    Lot better than what I thought it would. I remember watching the first video and says the graphics were OK, but now the look top notch for the I devices. Great work so far Mark!

8. Cmdr_Overscore

Jan 26, 2011
    Ah, the faint sound of possibility :)

Will WOTA have turret gameplay? Like the anti-air machine guns and things? On one hand though, it could distract too much from normal play.

I think I remember people above deck in a video, though i might be dreaming :confused: Is that going to be part of the game also?

9. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Sure, during the early war most ships were sunk using the cannon. The cannon and flak can be used.

10. Cmdr_Overscore

Jan 26, 2011
    Can you do another video so we can see where WOTA's at? Showing the current GUI or some AI play even? That would be epic ;)

11. blackeyed87

blackeyed87 Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Looks ok, but I can't seem to see any interface.

12. Cmdr_Overscore

Jan 26, 2011
    My point exactly. In the first movie thing on the site (called outdated) it shows some interface that looks pretty good.

13. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    That's the original inteface before the iPad came out. Since then I had to rebuild a lot of the game because the performance on iPad and iPhone 4 was WORSE than on the iPhone 3GS (a problem with transparency / alpha). There is no new User Interface at the moment because I just don't need it during development. The new user interface will be different from the old one. The goal is to make access to any control as fast as possible while I have to support at least 3 different aspect ratios / resolutions (possibly 4 to support the iPad 2 HD-TV output). I was busy with other things the last month :(

14. Cmdr_Overscore

Jan 26, 2011
    Aah ok. Wow I thought the iPhone 4 would do alpha and things better.
    and sorry for being impatient before, waiting for iPad 2 TV out to be implemented for this would pwn :D:D:D

15. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    It's because for transparency effects you have to draw twice which is a bigger problem when the resolution of the screen is larger. Even when you just draw a tiny single alpha pixel on a huge solid object.

The 3GS and iphone 4 use the same graphics processor. So it's a bottleneck on the iphone 4 and iPad 1.

No money for iPad 2 atm :( and I would need a 1920x1080 screen for tests. But I only have the 20" Cinema Display and a non HD Projector. Guess I will do tests with the hardware of a friend.

16. Cmdr_Overscore

Jan 26, 2011
    Ok, I didn't know 3gs shared graphics with the iphone 4.
    Does drawing aplha pixels change with resolution and things? I'm such a noob at tech stuff as you can tell :(
    My friend just got an iPad 2 so I'll have to rely on him for tv out epicness as well:eek:

17. Cmdr_Overscore

Jan 26, 2011
    Is this game still in development? I hope so - it looked so good even without gameplay :(

18. Iljimae

Iljimae Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Nice, I can totally see how to simulate the ship. I want to see more game play :)
    Keep it up!!!

19. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Sure it is. It's my most important project but I'm currently have to solve some other problems. This sentence is so true :mad::

"The TV business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

20. Cmdr_Overscore

Jan 26, 2011
    Ha that's mega lol :D

I liked you on FB so I see your posts on submarines and other cool sea things :p