Xbox One [With Poll on preferred console]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, May 21, 2013.

?

Which console will you get?

1. Microsoft XBox 1

18.0%
  2. Sony PS4

50.7%
  3. Another console

3.3%
  4. No console

20.7%
  5. Haven't decided

7.3%
  1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/

Microsoft confirms 'pre-owned fee' for Xbox One

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    A few people weren't impressed by the PS4's streaming and sharing features, but I thought they were amazing. I love being able to share gaming experiences with people. When Far Cry 3 came out I had my iPad propped up and pointed at the screen, just so I could use Skype to show a friend some blurry footage. Now I'll be able to do it with a direct feed. Also, I couldn't even tell you how many times I've taken a photo of my screen to show somebody a new car/weapon/set of armour/location I've unlocked in a game we're both playing, and now I'll have a screenshot button.

MS said nothing about these features, which is disappointing.

3. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
  4. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Yeah, I see that they went from PowerPC to X86. Still, when MacOS switched from PowerPC to Intel there were ways to get many existing applications to run so it seems like they could figure out a way, especially for the digital content. Maybe not all, but that's still better than nothing. They even could do something like have devs compile the game for the new hardware and then still recognize that as a game you bought before.

5. My new ipad with hdmi tv and icade and and Gameloft joystick looks better than this!!! ;)

6. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Bye xbox. I'll never forget all the great times I gamed. But your new form just doesn't cut it.
    I'll be moving on now.

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    So I'm guessing that to enforce the used game blocking, it'll require the user to be online every time they want to install a new game.

...which means that whenever Halo or Call of Duty comes out, the servers will be down and we won't even be able to install it to play single player.

8. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Used game fee: bad idea.
    The internet will light on fire once again today mates.

9. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    That's what I was thinking. Surely they're aware of the storm that was kicked up when Sim City users couldn't play the new game they just purchased? Seems like such an odd move.

10. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Odd?
    Its asking for backdraft.
    This may not go well with gamestop.

11. I thought it was always the growing trend to go always online for xbox future gen consoles. Sucks, but they want to regulate people modifying and copying games.

May make sense for them especially what happened to them for the xbox 1, remember, they want to make the money, this is not done for the benefit of the player, but we'll see what happens before launch cause they can always change things I am sure.

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #32 MidianGTX, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
    Get this quote... with all that focus on multimedia and TV:

"Here's a big one... At launch, Live TV will require a supported receiver device with HDMI output (sold separately)."

Yeah, but Sony practically denied it by saying "we wouldn't make such an asshole move".

13. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    So if you have to be online to register games with Xbox Live, what happens for people without internet, or with poor internet? Xbox One just won't work for them?

14. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Xbox One Will Not Function Without Kinect Attached

Also according to Gizmodo about single player games not being online.

15. So sony is definitely not doing it? Even if not for the next gen, if xbox makes money from this policy, sony too will in their next gen after.

Its just like freemium with ios. In the last 3 months or so, all the big name games are going freemium. Or messing up users by bait and switch tactics from premium switched terribly to freemium.

Kinda sucks, but what are you is one going to do about it? Cry? Yea it sucks, but if people dont use that as an excuse to go sony for instance, then it will be implemented everywhere, maybe even to ios too.

Sign of the times.

16. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Always online
    Used game fee
    Kinect required
    This can't get worse.

17. Yeah, it could saan, pay to play by the hour...

18. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    don't give em ideas.

19. I'll have to do an announcement analysis later, but I do not like what I've heard from the confrence

20. What conf? Can we listen in on the web now?