Xbox One [With Poll on preferred console]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, May 21, 2013.

?

Which console will you get?

1. Microsoft XBox 1

18.0%
  2. Sony PS4

50.7%
  3. Another console

3.3%
  4. No console

20.7%
  5. Haven't decided

7.3%
  1. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    So what do you think Microsoft's Xbox One slogan will be?

'Xbox One- it plays TV'?

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    "From 360 to One - Only 359 steps back"

3. No,

xbox one, just play once. :p

4. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    #44 Fireball926, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
    Oh hold on I can't resist!

"always online" - incorrect, Microsoft already said no about this. And honestly, if you don't have internet connection to even validate to install a game, Don't buy an xbox in all honesty.

"Used game fee" - ever hear of this gaming platform called steam? It's extremely successful and guess what? YOU CAN'T EVEN TRADE GAMES IN ON IT, this will also reduce piracy. Guess what else this means? Depending on the price of the used fee to install, you can share games with friends and get a discount as long as the game doesn't cost full retail to do this second install and on top of that you never need to keep a disc in the xbox once its installed.

AND last but not least "Kinect required" - This thing is a feature, I don't even understand how one can complain. You don't have to purchase this separately, It comes with the console! It allows you to do voice commands, and even turn the xbox on when its off.

That's it I'm done for now, I'll be back to rebuttal later.

5. Xbox One: It's just on Level One

6. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    LOL that was great :D:D:D:D:D:D

7. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    They already have one

"Xbox One - All in One"

Wow see it makes sense. Can't believe how many people are trashing this system, in all honesty its not that bad

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #48 MidianGTX, May 21, 2013
    Terrible excuses. "If you aren't online, don't buy an Xbox"? That's the weakest thing I've ever heard. There are thousands of 360 owners who don't have access to a reliable connection, and there's still a list of countries where Live isn't available. Are you telling us it's a good plan for Microsoft so exclude entire countries?

"Guess what else this means?" Nothing. You just made some stuff up based on an entirely different platform, none of that is confirmed.

And Kinect always sucked. Always. Nearly all motion sensing sucks and nearly all voice command tech sucks. Now we can't even stash that garbage in the wardrobe while we focus on real games.

I was waiting for a rabid MS fan to appear and display some incredible denial. Here he is.

9. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I smell a new console wars meme. (Console wars are stupid TBH, just disappointed in what we've seen of the new console so far).

10. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I think it's early to speculate, but the used game fee could be the saving grace of video games. If the fee goes to the developers, they will actually get some compensation for their hard work. Not GameStop making all the money, and hopefully driving the price down on used game sales. I hate just about everybody's attitude on the Internet. Especially the backwards compatibility garbage! Big Deal! I don't want to play BF3 on my XboxOne. I want to play BF4, with 64 people....in 1080p, while I'm sitting on my couch, drinking a beer and getting fantasy football updates in game...MERICA! I'm more excited to see gameplay at E3 like everyone else, all the connectibility TV stuff is neat, but that is not why I am buying one. I suppose only time will tell how good it's going to be, but I'm still hopeful.

11. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013
    #51 TheEvilRobot, May 21, 2013
    New xbox:

Charges to play online
    Must always be connected to internet if you want to play games (who wouldn't want to play games? That's the point of buying a console, but the always being connected will screw things up)
    Charges fees if you buy/play a used game
    Kinect required

PS4:

Free Online
    No fees to play a used game
    Plays used games
    Backwards compatible

Nintendo Wii U:
    Free Online
    Will have/has best exclusives (Zelda, Metroid, Mario)
    Innovative controller
    Backwords compatible
    Plays used games
    No fee for playing used games
    Could have had a better line of launch games, but with time this will be no problem and its sales will increase

12. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    I know I kept thinking that I wouldn't get this if there was no backward compatibility, quite frankly, I can only think of one game where that would be problematic anyway (GTA V). There is a new Battlefield and Call of Duty coming out this fall for Xbox One, so those guys are taken care of, and other games I either don't play anymore anyway or I have on PC now.

Wonder how I am going to deal with my Slingbox now. Will have to upgrade that one as well.

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah, I can't stand them either, but it's hard not to express how bad this conference was.

14. I dunno this thread confuses me, isn't it just stated anywhere about all this stuff? Or all speculation from everyone?

15. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    What do you think about forza Motorsport 5 compared to gran turismo 6? That is the only decision that bothers me about ps4 v Xbox 1 .

16. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013
    I read these from articles.

Ya I know, don't trust everything you read, but these are legit sources. You can google and find the articles that have been written by legit sources

Also, I wasn't trying to start a console war with my statement at the top of the page. I was just pointing out facts.

17. It might make more sense to compare Forza to Drive Club since GT6 isn't being released on the PS4 (yet).

18. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Here is a comment I found on another website about this.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's not always online. A MS rep confirmed that, read on IGN.

20. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Not really sure why you're comparing Steam to Xbox? Steam has always been digital only, so they've built up a user base who have adapted to this (and it certainly wasn't overnight). Xbox on the other hand has an audience that has a large majority of users that purchase physical media, and a LOT of those are used games. Steam didn't let users play used games for years and then one day change it. Sure, you can still play used games on your Xbox One but now at an additional cost on top of that of the used game itself. Oh, and those thinking, "Wow, my mate has just purchased a copy of Battlefield 4 brand new. I'm going to borrow it off him and install it for a reduced price" are almost certainly kidding themselves. I would be surprised if this fee was much cheaper than the retail price. I mean come on, this is Microsoft... they're not going to let people take advantage of such an obvious loophole.