Xmas Holiday Sale 2013 Roundup Thread

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Hoggy110, Dec 17, 2013.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Bought Type Rider (Bulkypix) thks to this list and Eli who talked about how incredible it was in a podcast.
    If you're interested in writing, typography, history or design, don't hesitate. It's gorgeous ;)

2. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    A+ list

great job the list make it so convenient... did things like this years ago and i know it can be time consuming along with some busted fingers ;) it can get crazy if your doing a pc/mac 30 days of sales.

got most deals from past yearly + xmas sales...but i did add a few more

thanks again!

3. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Thanks for the lists. Always look forward to the roundups. They really help us all.

4. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    South west for me, almost the most southerly point, and not too far from the most westerly (lands end).

Yeah I think I have everything sorted, just the wrapping and delivering to do!

5. Jaylewl

Jaylewl Member

May 17, 2013
    Games that are worth to buy?

6. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    I actually mustered the courage to go through all my itunes receipts and see how much I have spent in the 1,5 years since I got my first idevice.

I was shocked to learn the amount: 280 euros!!! Bought plenty, plenty, plenty of games. Many of which I haven't been able to play yet. I made some bad deals sometimes and could have gotten some expensive apps much cheaper...

Anyway, I will be more careful with my spendings from now on... Apps may appear cheap when you buy them, but everything piles up...

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Love you Hoggy!

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    There are too many to list. What genres interest you? What's your budget? Anything else that might help narrow down the list?

9. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    All Codito games on sale

10. Jaylewl

Jaylewl Member

May 17, 2013
    Something puzzle and adventure.

11. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    depends

depends what type of games you like/play? I'm into the board/card and sports games; Playdek, Sheepland etc:

12. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Board games: Agricola vs. Eclipse

I am trying to cut down my list of purchases and these two are left for my board game decisions. I am trying to decide between these two. I already have Caylus, will Agricola feel similar or not even comparable? Eclipse has the sci-fi/space setting which I really like. Both sound like fantastic games, so probably can't go wrong with either. I am mainly a single player vs. AI gamer, but will sometimes play multiplayer with a co-worker. But the single player experience is probably more important for me.

Thanks for any input.

13. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Both are on my wish list, so I can't help you, I'm interested too by opinions on these two games ;)
    I guess you already have Small World which is half off and had a fantastic update?

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    In some ways the holiday sales are like a year retrospective with some gems over the past year going on sale for the first time. ...So it only makes sense to point out the ongoing Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Year nominations thread and encourage people here to nominate and then vote for their favorite iOS release this past year:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=212119

...Plus there's free cake.

15. Skulls Of The Shogun just went on sale...in the middle of the lockdown

DON'T ASK ME, I'M SCARED!!!

16. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Was thinking about buying it too (if I wasn't already flooded with games to play). No excuse now :D

17. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Ascendacy also just went on sale for a buck, in the middle of the lockdown......strange.

18. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    So did the Rube Works. It's down to .99 and they added another 9 levels to it.

19. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    The Cave by SEGA

Worth it?

I'm still holding back because of the size.

20. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Shoot the Zombirds is also free. One of the best game by Infinite Dreams.