Universal Year Walk - (by Simogo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 20, 2013.

1. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    In the shack where you take the little flame and illuminate the dark corners of the place after the raven steals your key, you find six symbols with six patterned dots on various objects. The # of dots in left-right order is 325164, but I can't figure out what it's for. I tried the companion login screen with it; no dice. I tried the numbers backwards; no luck. There is a section of the wall that has a blood splotch, I don't know if it's relevant to the puzzle though. I figure this entire area must be connected with the raven. I recognized 3 of the symbols, but the other 3 I had not seen before. The order of symbols left-right is Raven-Mylingen-unknown-unknown-unknown-Huldra. Blood splotch is between the Huldra and the last unknown symbol. I'm being driven crazy here :(

2. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I just played for an hour and I don't think I'm even halfway done. I'm at the part where you
    get the blue flame and go inside the hut.

I have not come across any codes for the companion app yet though.

3. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    Same here. See my thoughts in the post above yours. Hope that sparks SOMEthing. I drew a blank pretty quick >X(

4. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    #84 mkaen, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
    ____

5. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    exactly. The 5th one is either a circle or a half circle. The 1st one is a mistery to me. Anyone? I hate to admit but I'm stuck here.

6. reasonjp

reasonjp Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I'm stuck at the same point as the peeps above, but loving that discussion is necessary. Anyone playing this on commutes? The two jump scares so far made me look really stupid on public transport.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #87 Vovin, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    Woah. I am completely blown away.

For those that solved the game in 2-4 hours: you played it and saw a nice, creepy adventure game... but you're also missing quite se stuff. There's much deeper hidden stuff, much more complex riddles, which don't seem to be riddles at first glance.
    This game has its own language and is constantly talking to you through it.
    It's on you to listen to this language and trying to understand it - or not. Not a single thing is just props or decoration.
    Think the God of Blades-like riddles.

Check the "Decoders" thread for how to solve the other mysteries.

8. sirrozha

sirrozha Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    #88 sirrozha, Feb 21, 2013
    What do you mean, is there something more except sending the notes and knife back in time and committing suicide?

For those folks who are stuck:
    Just write down the symbols and quantity of dots in the dark room — you’ll need it later. To decipher the symbols you’ll have to look around some trees. Be sure to check the room carefully, it has two exits.
    You’ll know for sure when you should use companion app.

Advice to the beginners: read the companion app articles first. They’ll help you immerse yourself in the game.

9. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    #89 mkaen, Feb 21, 2013
    ____

10. logical

logical Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Very cool game. I just wished it was a little bit longer.

11. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    #91 Fimb, Feb 21, 2013
    For those folks who are stuck:
    Just write down the symbols and quantity of dots in the dark room — you’ll need it later. To decipher the symbols you’ll have to look around some trees. Be sure to check the room carefully, it has two exits.
    You’ll know for sure when you should use companion app.

Thanks for the tips, I'm still trying. I surely miss something here, just don't know what. And it kills me.

Edit: oh, got it. Clever boys :D

12. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    New Mexico
    #92 adin, Feb 21, 2013
    any clues for when
    you're spinning the church? I noticed the arrows on the front match the arrows in the rune two finger activated tombstone, but I can't get the spinning church to 'take' the pattern

also, anyone figure out the symbols for the
    box with the complementary symbols on it?

13. logical

Jan 2, 2011
    For the church, make sure you spin it fully and see the little goat head pop to confirm you have spun it fully. Follow the pattern.

As for the box, you get the pattern from the notes in the companion app.

I got a full walkthrough of the game uploading now. The game only takes 20-25 minutes to complete once you know what to do. I beat the game in less than an hour my first go.

14. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    #94 mkaen, Feb 21, 2013
    ____

15. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Excellent game so far. I agree with one of the earlier posts, the closest thing I could compare this to is Sword and Sworcery EP. The art style and subject matter is different but there is definitely a similar vibe to it. I look forward to getting back into the game later tonight.

16. logical

Jan 2, 2011
    #96 logical, Feb 21, 2013
    Ah didnt see that. My video has no commentary so for the people who cant plunk down the cash for it can experience it without some guy talking over the game.

The game definitely feels like S&S, just way shorter. I think it could have been better than S&S if its length would have been on par with that game. The companion app is a nice touch as well.

My walkthrough:

17. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Ah, lovely game. Finished it, reading the companion app. Curious if there will be some follow-up at some point, maybe fan made stuff. It might be intentional from the devs part to make us continue the mythology, right? Gotta read again the decoders club thread.

18. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    #98 Wicked8146, Feb 21, 2013
    There has to be something going on with Vedtorp.se I just don't know what yet. It's a fake site for sure. I e-mailed [email protected] and got a bounce back. The images on the site are from the game and from Simogo's trip to Sweden.

Maybe they just made a fake site to go along with the story, which is cool but there has to be more to it right?

19. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm going to start playing this today; really excited.

Question, though: is the "one hour once you know what to do" completion time also including exploring and unlocking everything, or is it a minimalist run? A bit awkward to have to die repeatedly and in creepy ways if I want to make a play through last.

Thanks!

20. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    You don't die in the game. Yeah, if you look up the answers it takes about an hour. If you try to solve them yourself, maybe 2. Still a fun, unique and interesting game.