Universal ZDAY Survival Simulator by Mongadillo Studios Inc.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 11, 2012.

1. baDa

baDa Active Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Creative Director
    CWB - Brazil
    This game reminds me when i can make games with just my imagination!

Great game! And amazing idea!

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm one of those five star reviews. But I only ever review games I really like or really don't. I only ever leave a 5* review or a 1*. There's no Inbetween with me.

3. Garbagemaster

Garbagemaster Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Cool. If that's the case, then my final comment wasn't referring to you. If that's how you choose to rate games, fine. My comments were honest, and I stand by them.

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Supported on ALL iOS devices?! :eek: That's what it says on app info...

5. Rumblecat

Rumblecat Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Thailand
    I wouldn't hold off on this if it sounds like your thing. The price is pretty cheap (I just bought a sandwich that cost more, and I enjoyed ZDay way more than this supposed ham and cheese thing in front of me), it's got a good atmosphere, I've enjoyed it a lot. Sure, in an ideal world it could be more in depth and with more RPG elements, but then in an ideal this sandwich would be edible as well.

I would have been quite happy if this was all there is to the game, but the news that there's more content coming is even better. Basically a good, albeit short, Choose Your Own Adventure zombie book in digital form.

6. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well I'd say I've had more than my money's worth. Just had another play through (hmm still didn't make it) but that was probably another half an hour playtime. I'm not sure if the events happen in a random order but it did play out differently the second time just by choosing slightly different options. Means you have other people with you and different supplies (weapons and items).

[​IMG]

7. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well I haven't actually seen the end yet but Im wondering is there multiple endings for doing different things throughout the game/adventure ? Or is there only one good ending?

8. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Anyone else having problems syncing this to 2G iPods? It won't sync to my brothers iPod.

9. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Put me down as "intrigued but uncertain" about this one at this stage. Almost any other theme but zombies and I probably would have already picked it up. :rolleyes:

10. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    I don't want to be too specific but yes there is more than one way to succeed. I've also ended up at the same destination twice and the second time had a slightly different, more neutral outcome.

11. Eraser74

Eraser74 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hamburg
    I bought it because of the Toucharcade article and haven´t regretted my purchase yet.

I had a few playthroughs where I died and one where I survived with a group of people, giving me a survival chance of 75 percent.

I like the atmosphere and overall presentation, although there are a few typos and some of the sentences don´t make much sense because of that. I really really hope they flesh this game out more.

12. Cyberniskos

Cyberniskos Member

Jan 1, 2011
    ZDAY is really a good game, if you like the gamebook type. Of course, it could be longer but i had more fun with it than with many longer games.

It has replay value because, even if you survive, you may not have shown all the skills of a great survivor, which gives you little chance to last long after the end. So you can try to be perfect.

I know that we are now used to cheap or free games but i think 2$ isn't too much for a job well done, especially if you expect programmers to go on producing quality games. I have been more than happy to pay for this app - and i don't know the producers personally -

13. zimonkey420

zimonkey420 Active Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Any chance this will be able to be played on a 3G phone perhaps with a future update ?
    I saw this and was so excited,being a huge fan of zombies,and the old Choose Your Own Adventure books.
    Went to purchase, only to find out it won't run on firmware lower than 4.3, which the 3G doesn't support sadly.:(
    If this could run on my 3G i'd buy it in a heartbeat !
    Game looks awesome !:D

14. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    Freaking awesome!!! :D

So far ive died every try, but i get higher % rate of survival each time. Started with like 21, and now at 43%. Really liking this so far, and looking forward to coming updates! This game has so much potential to become a really great Zombie simulatorish app. :D

15. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]ZDAY SURVIVAL SIMULATOR[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    11/01/2012
    [/size]

Do you like this 21st century text-based Simulator that puts us in tough, real-world situations?

[size=+3][thread=119475]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

16. fumbles

fumbles Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Thanks for the video Sanuku. Nice to get an idea of how it plays (I just skipped through it so as not to see too much gameplay). I'm not sold on the music. I think it would get annoying after a while. An option to turn it off would be nice in a future update.

Also noticed that apocalypse is spelled wrong in the title screen.

17. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]LAST DAY TO VOTE[/size]

[size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    11/01/2012
    [/size]

[size=+3][thread=119475]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

18. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    It's a pretty good game. Great concept. I wish it had more options but I heard that will come in a future update. My highest is 77%. Anyone get higher? I've tried the game repeatedly but can't get any better ATM.

19. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    This looks pretty interesting, not sure how long it might entertain for $2 though.