Universal ZED (by NULL)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2015.

1. BobbyBuckets

BobbyBuckets Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Good game but background and foreground objects can be confusing, expecially when there's a zombie there but I can't see it because one of the foreground objects is covering it up.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #22 LordShad0wz, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    I've given the game a good shake down. I've just played for an hour.

I'm consistently having weird crashes here and there. Especially if I equip the more ammo and weapon drops power ups. I notice I'll start the game with the revolver with 0 bullets and as soon as the timer ends and the actual game starts I'm back at the home screen. It crashes.

Anyone else have this?

And don't worry dev no matter how good you are and no matter how hard you try until there are thousands of people and devices playing your game you can't possibly catch all the bugs. As soon as you fix the IAP issues I'll be purchasing both the double coin and no ads IAP's. I have faith you will add some melee weapons hehe

For now I just watched a ton of ads :) btw another mode you might think of adding, but it would require its own leaderboards, is one where you get one continue if you view an ad. It might make you some revenue? But it would need a separate leaderboard so it doesn't interfere with the real one as it is.

Lastly does the game have, or do you plan to add, cloud save support? I see it signs in with Facebook which I did do. I like the Uzi :)

Billy

3. Bernzwong

Bernzwong Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2011
    #23 Bernzwong, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    A good game that needs polish.

Theme, premise, iap and gameplay are fun and stylish. Easy pickup and play, sink more time if you had time.

However, bugs and crashes to be ironed out. Occasional crash out of app when using 'toolshed'. Buttons sometimes unresponsive, doesn't jump or shoot which results in death! As others have mentioned, really need a melee option as yes it is possible to get far without bullets, but really need Super Mario jump and long jump skills!!

Start of every level - basically the same until you get a little way in (crate, tank, wall), which I can appreciate the 'easing in' period, but frustratingly can often get stuck and die on the tank or subsequent wall!! Some variation or randomness at the start would be great too.

Watch-to-earn videos are broken for me , crashes every time after the video without rewarding any coins. Hesitant to remove-ads as someone else has said - it doesn't remove them!!!

Level unlocks are unclear, and guns are not so randomised from crates and they are usually the magnum! (Which frustratingly reduces ammo to 6, or 12 with upgrades!)

Look having said all that, I've played a few hours and enjoy it. Have gotten only 1500m and highest kill count of only 39! Very fun and would really hope for updates, bug fixes and even some clarification on how things 'should' work, especially regarding level ups and weapon unlocks!

Edit: forgot to mention that IAPs are not really needed at all besides possibly the disable-ads. Coins are generous, I use them on the upgrades and usually make that money back. Am Level 7 now.

4. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Was reading about your crashes. What device and iOS version. I'm on 9.0.2 iPhone 6s+, 9.0.2 iPad Air 2. Maybe the memory needs optimized along with everything else. Not a huge file or graphically intensive game. Weird indeed as I haven't crashed once.

5. paul_a

paul_a Member

May 30, 2013
    Would be great if anyone that is experiencing crashes can let me know device and os if at all possible. Thanks.

6. paul_a

paul_a Member

May 30, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback! Can I ask what device and OS you are using? As I can't recreate some of he issues you mentioned.

7. paul_a

paul_a Member

May 30, 2013
    Thanks will sort this out in an update.

8. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Oh wow! I beta tested this game and then it just kinda disappeared.....
    I was wondering what happened to it!
    Happy to see it published. :)

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Good stuff but there needs to be more movements in the character. It's too static at the moment. Perhaps Implement the ability to aim as well

10. paul_a

paul_a Member

May 30, 2013
    v1.0.3 is available

For anyone that purchased the disable ads IAP, if you update the app the ads will now be disabled.

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #31 LordShad0wz, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    I'm using the iPhone 5s running iOS 8.4.1

I just updated. Restarted my phone. It's crashing even worse now. Way worse. Now it's crashing at the end of every ad. It did not do this before the update. It never crashed after the ads. I watched so many ads it ran out and couldn't display anymore multiple times. It never crashed. Now it's crashing. Post update.

Now it's also starting me with 18 rounds of glock ammo at the bottom but in my hand there's absolutely nothing and then it crashes.

Please undo whatever you did!

Billy

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Wow man, that's messed up. Should easily run on a 5s. Mite be 8.4.1 screwing it up. It runs clean on my 6, 6s+ on 9.0.2. The few hiccups it did have for me are gone now. Don't feel too bad, I can't play Carrage and I rlly wanna.

13. paul_a

paul_a Member

May 30, 2013
    I think the toolshed is the root of all evil. I just spent a good hour with it on 5s and it ran without any problems. Once I went into the toolshed and back to normal game mode the video ads started crashing so I have patched that up. Going to spend some time retest everything to avoid another rushed release and aim to submit an update tomorrow.

14. Bernzwong

Bernzwong Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2011
    Hi Paul

iOS 9.2, iPhone 6

Just updated, no longer crashing after the ads!

However, still have the kill 200 zombies with chopper - stuck at 0.

Cheers! Great game and superb work on feedback and updates. Will purchase some iap!

15. paul_a

paul_a Member

May 30, 2013
    Thanks! That will be resolved in the next update. Considering it is almost silly season, and it's a whole one team member indie game i am trying my best :)

The feedback has been great. Thanks again.

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I did go into the tool shed briefly. I went in and went out. Maybe that started the ball rolling? Hehe

17. paul_a

paul_a Member

May 30, 2013
    V1.0.4 Submitted to app store

Hopefully that's all the crashes :) Thanks for all your input.

18. paul_a

paul_a Member

May 30, 2013
    V1.0.4 is now live and addresses the crashes and the chopper missions. Thanks

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok I updated. It's no longer crashing. There's no more issues with the ads. Only one issue I could find. See pic.

Actually I lie. I'm also still starting the game with ammo but no weapon.

Other than this awesome work! I've purchased no ads and double gold. I'm looking forward to the other game modes. Melee weapon!

Billy

Attached Files: