Zen Bound 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Frand, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Germany
    c'mon, please die together with your 2nd gen......ah, jk. But your argument is pretty lame.

2. FK1983

FK1983 Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Web Design
    Bournemouth, UK
    Ok cool, thanks for explaining!

From what many developers are saying though they will be releasing one version for ipod touch/iphone which enable the extra features on the devices that support it and then a separate version for the ipad although apple said they expect future apps to work on all devices including ipad.

3. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Just thought I might make everyone uber jealous by posting a photo of my iPad playing Zen Bound 2...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

nice photoshopping skills! shame the finger is blurred around te edges so it's quite blatantly fake :)

5. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    F*** the old hardware, go for the iPad/3GS/3G Touch

We need to start to phase out the older gen devices, they're simply holding iDevice gaming back! (And not just graphics-wise)

Viva La Revolucion!

6. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Yeah it was a frame from one of the iPad videos so that's why the finger's all blurred.

7. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Motion blur...?

8. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

no, look at the left side of his hand. it's not blurred

9. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Magical motion blur! :rolleyes:

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

oh yeah... i completely forgot that existed! ;)

11. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

well, at least you could even get it near realistic... even if you gave me the frame from the video and photoshop, i would have no idea how to even get the image into the ipad! :p

12. Raro

Raro Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Student
    NZ
    #72 Raro, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
    Looks Good.
    I was going to try to buy the original Zen Bound a little while ago but then the price increased from $2.59 -> $4.19 in the NZ App Store the day I decided to buy...
    Like the idea though... But 3GS only makes my 3rd Gen Touch sad.

13. OctopodSquad

OctopodSquad Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    :( I only have a 3g..
    I was looking forward to this D: oh well
    but I'll keep playing the first one

14. What I've heard from Frand: ZB2 will probably come to the fast devices (3GS, iPod touch 3rd gen, next iPhone etc.) and it will take several months to code and change everything. They are also working on stair dismount iPad.
    I wouldn't hype this up for the next few months...

15. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Sucks that this isn't coming out soon.

16. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Time to wake up this thread again :)
    These are strictly work-in-progress screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Older devices will be supported as well. There is a visual difference to the benefit of newer iPhone/iPod touch hardware (3GS and up) but Zen Bound 2 is more beautiful than its predecessor on all devices.

17. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    what about the gyroscope. Many people were excited of the possibility of using this with the gyroscope.

18. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

We would need a device in our hands first to figure out if the gyroscope is actually beneficial to the gameplay. Zen Bound is a touch-controlled game first, tilt is only a secondary element.

An accurate orientation sensor makes sense for Zen Bound when the controller is separate from the screen, so you could spin the object in your hands as if it were the real thing. But spinning the device so that you can't really see the screen, or that you'd have to walk around the device like it was a totem-pole wouldn't really be compelling gameplay.

As said, we'll need an iPhone4 here in Finland first to test its capabilities and see how we can take advantage of it. If something comes up that makes us go "Hmm, nice..." or even "Wow!", then the probability of a control update to Zen Bound goes up significantly :)

(Not sure when iPhone4 actually starts shipping here, though. Even the iPad isn't available yet.)

19. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    That is fantastic news. We have a few iDevices in our house hold so knowing that the older model will still be supported brings a tear to my wifes eye. ;)

I loved the original ZB and can't wait for ZB2. I haven't read through the entire thread so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already.... Is there any time frame or estimate on when the game might be ready for the iPod/iPhone release? :D

20. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

I assure you we've shed all the necessary tears to make this happen ;)

More than three weeks, (hopefully) less than three months. We've learnt it the hard way not to announce dates until we're absolutely certain we can hit them.