Zenonia – upcoming RPG game by Gamevil

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by EDUB, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Can't wait for this to come out, I was thinking about buying Vay, but after looking at this I am definetly saving my money and buying this when it comes out:D

2. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

Ill second that, I am SUPER excited for this.

3. hazmat95

hazmat95 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    i dont remeber but are they making it so u dont have to tap to move u can justy hold it down?

4. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    You can hold it.

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Yeah watch the Appgamer video I posted a few pages back.

6. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    No definite release date yet, eh? I bought Inotia and finished it in a week just because I can't wait for this game to come out... Got a bit dissapointed by Inotia though, and I hope this game will mend me broken hearty...

7. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    This vid I mean.

8. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Gosh I can't wait for this game. Chronicles of Inotia and Dungeon and Hero look like poo compared to this game.

I WANT THIS GAME SO BAD.

9. SMN

SMN Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    #109 SMN, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
    Well, I have 7 hours of game on Zenonia, which was kindly sent to me by Gamevil, all I can say it that this game is from far the best rpg of the iPhone.

Plus, it could be the best iPhone game to my eyes, if... there was better control, all the button are great but the moves can become terrible during boss fight for exemple.

For the RPG's fan that just awesome, lot of stuff, great story, ton of monster to xp (I played lot of Diablo2 and some mmo ;p), Night/day system, Hunger system (which is a bit annoying :p), you can cast a spell with tracing on the touchscreen.

What this game is missing to my eyes to best more than great is: "miniboss" monster which would appear randomly and have better loot, better pad (like why not a joystick?:x), for the rest it's not yet 100% translated so I can't yet understand all NPC etc

It's announced to be as a GREAT game, certainly a must have. (7hours I said and maybe 1/5 the entire map played, level 28)
    To be honnest this game could be more expensive than DS games. (do we say more expensive? xD french inside)

10. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Can't wait for this game. It looks so awesome.

11. posterized

posterized Active Member

Dec 15, 2008
    #111 posterized, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009

Thanks for the info! Sounds great already~

As for controls, I was concerned even after the gameplay video.

Personally a joystick wouldn't solve the problem. Also, not having to lift to change directions is not the issue either (I mentioned you won't have to lift from the beginning of my post here).

As seen from the videos, having to precisely move your player in a limited grid based positioning/moving environment with a dpad/joypad/idracula-360-control-pad is the problem. The slightest touch in an unintended direction, which is prone to be done with the above control schemes (the directions are crammed altogether in small space!), already advances your player in that unwanted grid position. Such are not a problem for games like Hero of Sparta or iDracula, where the player moves in a 360 freely movable environment.

Hence, I was hoping for a Bobby carrot like control scheme or an optimized d-pad, where the up/down/right/left directions are mapped to each edge of the screen. If so, no more would unintended movement be made nor even erroneously pressing the wrong direction on a small control pad (All the directions are mapped so close to each other!)

The balloon head game also implement a similar control method. The only problem being the left/right/jump, although being mapped on each edge of the screen, the developer did not allocate the entire edge as the button. They are small buttons at each edge. Therefore, the game solves only one of the two problems I mentioned above.

Hence, my point is... Gamevil plz change the control method~~

12. Mr.Moogle

Mr.Moogle New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Want this game soooo bad -_- ive been hungering for a in depth rpg on the iphone since the launch of 2.0
    I hope this lives up to it ^_^.

13. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Well, looks like this game is in beta now. They're picking 20 people from TA to beta test it. Zenonia seems like it's getting closer to its release :D

14. Grx

Grx Active Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Unfortunately, that probably means its still months away from release. :(

15. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    They did say this game is coming out in May. So, it's not actually months away from release.

All they need are some translation errors to be reported, bugs, and all that great stuff. Overall, it seems like the game is finished just those minor fixes to submit the game at its best quality.

16. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    How are they going to choose the beta testers? personally, I would love to test this one because it looks awesome.:D

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  18. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  19. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Dang it, I think I created more competition by posting the beta thing on this thread. It was all just a joke, they never said anything about beta testing :p

20. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    They just did earlier in the game forum.