Universal ZENONIA S: Rifts In Time (by GAMEVIL Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Bethor, Nov 3, 2015.

1. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    Is it possible to actually get some game impressions with substance beyond "omg f2p deleted after one minute"?

Gamevil had been a f2p company for a while now, it shouldn't come as a shock anymore.

2. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    ---

I had to delete after 3 minutes.. The screen was stretched and out of proportion on the Mini-2, that includes control buttons in battle as well as various icons and art within the city.. Sound was crappy, graphics were off... It felt like a 3 year old game, and not in a good way..

3. VidGamrJ

VidGamrJ Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Forced tutorial... It's almost enough for me to instantly uninstall a game these days. I just don't have the patience to go through the same exact routine for 20 minutes in every damn game I play. Make these things optional already!!! I might report back with some impressions if I decide to fire it up again and slog through the forced menu navigation.

4. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Forced Tutorial, I can deal with.. Poorly executed forced tutorial, on the other hand, is difficult to stomach..

5. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    What impressions do you want? You have multiple people that have played it, pointed out flaws such as controls, lag, and other non-F2P mechanical issues, and deleted it as a result. What more is there to say? When a game is exceptionally bad you can't really expect people to keep playing it.

6. Chaos_u

Chaos_u Well-Known Member

Huehue..GAMEVIL, huehue..[​IMG]

7. Andritz

Andritz Member

Aug 23, 2015
    U forgot to mention it has auto all auto atack auto go to quest if u played kritika this is the same deal with the flaws u just mentioned

8. riChchestMat

riChchestMat Well-Known Member

It's never a good sign when all the App Store screenshots are concept art and not gameplay screens.

9. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Krtika is pretty good though, im still playing it and have not spent a single dollar yet

10. Zanshou

Zanshou Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Deleted, thx and good bye keep your crap!

11. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Onward Warriors!! BATTLE!!!

12. Andritz

Andritz Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Yeah that one is good but this one is just not

13. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    This game sucks a**, I hope gamevil reads this thread, this game is a shame and disrepsect to the series, my favorite was Zenonia 4, this game, you should be ashamed gamevil.

14. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    I like the artwork. FTP inventory madness...As for gameplay, I couldn't find it.

15. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Tropical Island Pirate Hangout
    So true.

16. HallmarkCard

HallmarkCard Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    Well stated. I agree 100%

17. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Blind or completely dumb players.

18. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I've invested more time in this game than appears everyone else in this thread combined. I've reached level 20 with a Mage and level 10 with an Assassin.

I want to like this game, I really do. It's why I have two characters. However, the FTP model is quite in your face. There are so many currencies in this game. You have weapon stones, accessory stones, armor stones, fairy dust, zen, soul stones, stamina, keys, and a few I can't recall their name at the moment. I even thought about spending the $5 for the 200 Zen a day and then 60 zen repeating for 30 days. I just can not bring myself to hit the buy button.

Each level so far consists of 3 screens. The first two are to gather the items for your quest, or just to kill mobs if you're replaying a level, and the third has the level boss. A lot of times the boss may have more HP but is lower level than the mobs around it. Also, on the questing side of things you may be required to bring back 3 Kobold items, but every enemy on the map will drop the item, not just kobolds.

There is absolutely no exploration in this game. Open quest menu, accept quest, read about it, click go, beat 3 screens mentioned above per level, auto exit level, click finish, repeat. And it pretty much is the same regardless if you're doing PVP, the fairy tower, or monster waves. Everywhere you go is just a click of a button.

The weapon/armor system has some promise, which is the biggest plus to this game. This is also one of the areas where FTP is very evident. Items can belong to a set, and having multiple pieces of a set gives bonuses. The sets are fairly easy to acquire, so that's not the problem. The problem lies in the upgrade process. To make your equipment worth anything you have to use other equipment to enhance it to raise its level. This is completed with gold, which is fairly common to come across with daily missions. One you upgrade the base Tier of an item far enough, you are then able to Upgrade it to the next quality. From D to C to B to A to S to SS. This is where you now need those weapon and armor stones mentioned earlier. If you don't have one when upgrading your equipment, plus an item of the same tier and grade, your item's set type is randomly selected. This means that a competed set of 5 will most likely lose its full completion bonus when you upgrade unless you have the Stones.

The truth is very simple about this game, it's pay to win. There's really no other way to describe it. You can buy avatars that increase stats permanently, even if not equipped. You can buy yourself to better equipment. Everything is about buying. The only redeeming quality in the pay to win department is that completing daily and weekly missions along with achievements allows you to bring up your "profile level" (I can't remember what is actually called at this moment) which otherwise is only raised when you buy Zen. I've reached level 4 on that without spending a dollar, which unlocks some bonuses like extra gem buys with gold a day or a larger storage, among other things.

In the end, just like the beginning, I want to like this game, but...........

19. Aitherios

Aitherios Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Minnesota, USA
    The controls are so clunky....

20. number9dream

number9dream Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Pharmacy student
    Canada
    Man Gamevil used to be awesome! Zenonia 3 was just amazing. And I played soccer superstars 2010 for 4 years. Ever since I don't recall a single good gamevil game that I enjoyed. I don't even try them anymore.

This is sad. Oh well.