Zombie Infection by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Somerandomdude, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    just read about the deal between capcom and gameloft which allows gameloft to make resident evil. So is this game just going to be renamed because it seems to me to be the most blatant ripoff yet, and with the rights to make the actual game then surely they will just rename this project

2. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Is it just me or does this look exactly like the MW2 map favela?

[​IMG]

3. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    OMG. That is the best graphics I've seen on an iDevice yet!

4. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    this looks fantastic. hopefully we as a more intelligent community can sidestep any mindless "that's racist" conversations that plagued re5 on other more worthless communities.

as far as the game is concerned, yeah, it's an RE5 rip off, but if capcom isn't going to do it for the iCrowd, i applaud gameloft for bringing a knockoff to the fans. gameloft is basically saying "hey, if you don't want all of this easy money, we'll do it for you." and i am completely fine with that. i can't wait for this release. this is easily my most awaited gameloft title yet

5. loewenherz

loewenherz Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    I remember now, his name was Mike... and yeah, it was cool doing combos with the katana. The java version was the best java mobile game I've played

6. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Looks cool. But there is already a big selection of zombie games, so I may pass..

7. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    nice. gameloft = best company for iphone.

8. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I love gameloft.They take all the good stuff from other games, club them together and make an awesome iphone game.But i am more excited about splinter cell than this one.

9. newjorg

newjorg Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Maker of things that move.
    London, UK
    #49 newjorg, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    Another blatant rip off from Gameloft. And we're all buying it.

My blood is starting to curl every time Gameloft announces a new game.

First they ripped HALO with N.O.V.A.
    And Modern Warfare with Modern Combat.
    And Soul Blade (Calibur) with Blades of Fury.
    And God of War with Hero of Sparta.
    And Band of Brothers with Brothers in Arms.

I won't get into how Splinter Cell always resembled Metal Gear Solid (since they have the excuse of being a "Tom Clancy license" here), but Zombie Infection? REALLY?

Let's play a little game of SPOT THE DIFFERENCE.

[​IMG]
    Zombie Infection, an original game by Gameloft.

[​IMG]
    Resident Evil 5, an obscure game by Capcom.

Seriously, Gameloft, have SOME human decency. And self respect. Do you think your developers actually ENJOY copying others?

In an age where fraudsters like Tim Langdell are encouraged/allowed by Apple to get GENUINELY original games like Mobigame's EDGE removed from the App Store, the fact that Gameloft can mass-plagiarize big franchises is a disgrace.

10. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    ^^^

newjorg - calm the hell down.
    We know that it is a copy of RE5, we accept that and we look past it.

Gameloft are doing a great job at copying popular games and bringing them to the App Store. I don't give a toss if they are clones, they are good and fun and that's what matters.

11. newjorg

newjorg Member

Nov 3, 2008
    London, UK
    #51 newjorg, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    Firstly, who is "we"? Unless, of course, you are using the royal form of the word.

Secondly, I will calm down when I deem it necessary, thank you.

You (or should I say Your Highness) may like to play pale, watered down copies of original concepts created by real creatives over years of hard work and risk taking, but I personally find this to be a very sad state of affairs.

Original games like Spider Secret of Bryce Manor, Spirit, Rolando, Eliss and others don't sell nearly as much as Gameloft's copies of console hits, even though they feel much better designed for the multitouch iDevice and came from a real, original place.

Too bad they're overshadowed by marketing driven, cold hearted, unoriginal vapourware. I hope Capcom, Activision, Microsoft and others will soon take legal action. It's getting ridiculous.

P.S. The fact that you're only flashing your Gameloft Live name at the end (rather than Open Feint, Plus +, Scoreloop, Crystal, etc.) is a bit telling, don't you think? :)

12. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Hey look everyone, we have a new "MichaelScott".

13. newjorg

newjorg Member

Nov 3, 2008
    London, UK
    So this is exactly what I'm talking about. There seems to be a moral/ethical problem going on these days.

Why wouldn't you ask Valve to develop an iPhone version of the real thing? Instead, you (and a lot of other readers, apparently) have been asking for "clones." And "Gameloft listened"?

Maybe the guy earlier was right, I should calm the hell down...

Sorry Gameloft, keep doing what you're doing, I'll just blame a certain percentage of twisted consumers instead for a lack of real innovation and/or its ability to get noticed on the App Store.

14. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Dude, gameloft is just making money. They don't care about whether or not it's a ripoff, this is just buisness. They clone games, people buy them. As long as they turn a profit that is how it's going to be. Nobody will care if you or you and a thousand people boycott them. They're still gonna do what makes them money. And clones make them money.

15. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    lol, you think Valve is going to listen to a few posts on a forum?
    Nobody else will bring the big console games to the iPhone, so good for Gameloft.

They have brought us big previously established titles such as Assassin's Creed, Brother's in Arms 2, Driver, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Rayman 2, Avatar, Shrek and many others, plus their clone games, which are good, often just as good as the real thing.
    You can't deny the fact that Gameloft are both extremely successful and popular on the App Store, regardless of their cloned games.

16. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
  17. nielololek

nielololek Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Calm down everyone. Gameloft isn't copying any games... They make games similar to those you mentioned, but isn't that good ? Because for me, it IS AWESOME. Gameloft make very good job and please stop saying that they are copying the games !

18. ppt4895

ppt4895 Active Member

Jan 27, 2010
    While you may hate it, some people, like me, love it. At least they are good, and most won't be coming to the iPhone anyway. Why complain, just enjoy. If it bothers you, don't buy it. It's just that simple!

19. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Huh, it only took a few pages to turn a thread about Zombie Infection into yet another clone-rant thread. So how's beating that dead horse going?

20. MasBoras

MasBoras New Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Company is under attack in forums. Company Forum Agent must vilify author(s) of suck attacks, in order to create a diversion from topic and point being made by author(s). Try:

"Hey look everyone, we have a new [insert pop culture loser of the moment, typo a plus but not mandatory]!

Because Gameloft DOES? You surely don't seem to know them well for someone who works for them. And by the way, Valve DOES pay attention to forums a great deal.

Wrong, MGS, Resident Evil, Street Fighter IV, and countless others exist on the iPhone. You're trying to push your marketing "message".

You forgot Peter Jackson's King Kong the Official Game of the Movie.

Topic diversion attempt. Nobody never denied Gameloft's success, that's not the point of the argument.

For the record, I have it from a reliable source that they are legally threatened several times a year by big name publishers. Enough said.