Zombie Infection by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Somerandomdude, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    So any news on multiplayer?
    I assume there will be local, hopefully it will be online too.

(and newjorg - your pathetic attempt at supporting your argument by making multiple accounts can get you banned).

2. MasBoras

MasBoras New Member

Mar 11, 2010
    No no, I'm a friend of Jorg who worked at Gameloft for loooong years. Couldn't resist replying when I read your post.

3. agssga

agssga Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Im hoping for 6-player human vs. human or
    HUMAN TEAM VS. ZOMBIE TEAM MULTIPLAYER!!!
    maybe Gameloft will include a horde survival mode like cod zombies

that would be awesome:D

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    They're including a survial mode, so if they include multiplayer, I have a feeling that it will be co-op survival.

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, It would be pretty sweet if they had online co-op survival with 6 or 8 players. They had 6 players in BIA 2 online mp, so there's no reason for this game not having 6 players.

6. newjorg

newjorg Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Maker of things that move.
    London, UK
    LBG, I do find your aggressive stance towards me rather worrying. People are entitled to an opinion, you know?

I do hope you will apologise for your accusation that I 'attempted to support my argument by making multiple accounts.'

This is simply a baseless accusation and, if it has any effect on my account being suspended, I will not take this lightly. I'm a registered developer on this site, with access to private forums.

That said, I will inform the moderators myself about your comment now, both preemptively and to make sure that they double check my purported "double identities", if necessary.

Unbelievable.

7. agssga

agssga Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    dude, give up the rant:(

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #68 LBG, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    Please, just stop ranting.

SalsaMD has already asked you to stop. I have ignored you on purpose until now.

I have not insulted you, so please stop with the BS.

Keep on going and you will get banned.

9. agssga

agssga Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I wonder what the games zombie-virus will be called?

THE G-VIRUS

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Until the actual companies start bring over their official IPs and port them properly, who cares? We're having fun.

11. Austin:]

Austin:] Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I wonder if it will have Gameloft Live:confused:

12. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Nah, that already exists in the Resident Evil universe... It created the more mutated ones, like Lisa Trevor from Resident Evil 1 Remake, the Umbrella Corp. Chairman dude from RE0, and William Birkin from Resident Evil 2. I play these games too much.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the Z-Virus or the T-Bacteria. But if it was bacteria it could be fought with antibiotics... and there goes the whole widespread infection. It's either going to be the X-Virus or the Z-Virus.

13. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Look, if the other big developers aren't going to do it, Gameloft will, and I'm happy with that.

14. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    you are a registered developer? That makes sense.

15. Persele

Persele Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Don't buy Gameloft games.

Gameloft employees don't even like the rippoff games that they're doing. I saw this two post on pocketgamer from two anonymous ex-gameloft employees and i thought it would be nice to share them:

I'm a former Gameloft employee.

Funny how the general opinion of gamers, as see also on Kotaku, has finally caught up with what Gameloft employees have been going through (and still are) for years. Well deserved, if you care for my opinion.

I can speak only for the time I was there (years). But we were very often instructed to copy other successful games., in art, design, audio, covers, and names. Some great work in every field of game making has been junked on the only ground that it wasn't "like famous game X". Sometimes, the head of production -who has approval exclusivity on every game the 4000 people company produce - would not even look at games being produced, insisting that he had to see the famous game being plagiarized first (how could he form an opinion without that, heh? Go figure...)

What bugs me is that the press is going to ignore plagiarism mostly. If Gameloft's game is decent to play, it will score decently in the reviews. If it's awesome, they it will score awesomely.

No one will take the blatant rip-off into account when rating the game. This is a serious problem because not only does it make our industry immature to ludicrous levels, it means even the press advocates plagiarism. Like we're all just a bunch of drooling idiots that just want one more game that's playable, not giving any crap how it was made.

Second former gameloft employee:

I was a Gameloft employee. What bothers me up is the lack of original and new ideas behind every Gameloft game.
    Cloning a game, is a good way to make successful game in record time when you got the resources and money. Why? Because you are cloning proven killer games well designed from start to finish and thus avoiding make a complete design and cut the production almost. When Gameloft make new game, dudes on the studio are right on the production, design is already done. That's the main reason why Gameloft do not make any original game because it cost a lot more! Gameloft is now the most iPhone money maker studio and is also the no1 clone maker studio.

1st employee replied:

That's probably why according to an internal study, they're spending more up to times more than then should on each project? (I don't feel comfortable disclosing too much).

Gameloft is not a money making machine. They've got the most revenue on the iPhone, but when you know the crazy amounts they spend for that, it kind of brings the mood of the party down. That's what makes every damn creative employee crazy there: instead of just plagiarizing and calling it a day, they iterate far more than necessary pretty solid work with no valid reason, some games have been remade entirely from scratch up to 4 or 5 times, and I'm not even talking about big impressive iPhone games, crappy 200K java stuff! If someone dares to say "well that's how they achieve high quality", I'll spit right in your f--king face. :)

The pattern is always the same, they hire some pretty high profile people from other big game companies, and those leave after a few weeks because it seems none of what they do is "good enough". Simply because the bosses have a mental illness that prevent them from approving any work that hasn't been remade from scratch at least 4 or 5 times.

The company is a big mess internally, maybe one day there is gonna be a "Gameloft-Spouse" outbreak or something. Their turnover is something like 40% if I recall correctly. Absolutely crazy.

Gameloft are scum don't buy there games.

16. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    And do you have any proof that these were actual employees? And besides, they're probably angry that they were fired anyway.

17. Persele

Persele Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Good points. I have no proof and maybe they are angry at being fired but in the end of the day 90% of gameloft games are ripoffs and they don't deserve any success even if they are graphically stunning.. Imagine you made a game that was popular and it was copied like for like by gameloft. How would you feel?

18. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I couldn't care less. Gameloft are only copying games from other platforms, and not current games on the iDevice. At the end of the day, the customers are happy, Gameloft are happy, and I'm still making money on other platforms, so who cares?

19. Persele

Persele Member

Aug 13, 2009
    They're plagiarism has no effect on me either but i still find what they do morally wrong.

Maybe it was after listening to my friend who works in the marketing department at Capcom ranting about Gameloft last night at the pub that got me so worked up.

Anyway Random guy i have no beef with you, everyone's entitled to there own opinion. Let's agreed to disagree :)

20. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

"Gameloft are only copying games from other platforms, and not current games on the iDevice" ... true, up until Resident Evil look-a-like Zombie Infection.