Zombie Infection by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Somerandomdude, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newjorg

newjorg Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Maker of things that move.
    London, UK
    It's ultimately none of my business (literally) how Gameloft manages its staff and what their accounting and production practices are.

However, both as an independent developer and as a consumer, what IS my business is the products they bring to market.

They could make millions on even the most unplayable games, for all I care, but doing so on other people's ideas is simply not right.

That said, I respect all the hard work their employees in France and Romania are putting into their titles, but imagine what they could make, if theywere allowed to develop original concepts and game mechanics designed for the iPhone (rather than emulating pads on its touchscreen).

2. newjorg

newjorg Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Maker of things that move.
    London, UK
    Please elaborate on that if you can. Not sure I get your point.

3. ppt4895

ppt4895 Active Member

Jan 27, 2010
    While they may be copying games, I really don't care. Most won't be on the iPhone anyway. And what proof do you have of those being ex- Gameloft employees? Even if it bothers you, they are still making money from other consumers. This tread needs to go back to being about Zombie Infection!

4. agssga

agssga Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Yeah, its pretty much become a rant thread:(
    back on topic

do you guys think ZI will have competitive multiplayer
    (human team vs. human team or human zombie team:D)

or

(online) coop survival
    which do you want?

5. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Germany
    If...
    ...Sony develops Gran Turismo for the Iphone...
    ...Namco develops Tekken for the Iphone....
    ...Activision develops a full COD-Game for the Iphone....
    ...and other big companies relasing their bestsellers for the iphone...

...then i don't need Gameloft anymore, except their titles will become sooo much cheaper than the original, but until that happens, let's be happy they copy that stuff, not in 1a quality but in most cases pretty o.k.

WTF cares about this anyway? Only developers, but not really gamers. gamers might criticise some missing parts of a "clone" or bugs, but not the fact that it was cloned - noone tells you to buy a clone, some just buy it because there is just no alternative.

6. ppt4895

ppt4895 Active Member

Jan 27, 2010
    (in an attempt to bring us back on topic) I am really hoping for a human vs. Zombie type online play. I also really want co op and co op survival! Also, even though it may be almost impossible, they should have two groups of survivors, and they should compete to survive. Not team deathmatch, just what team can withstand the horde longest. I would also like to see a game type similar to Halo 3's infection!

7. diabolus

diabolus Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Photographer
    Switzerland
    Why don't admins just write down some new rules on the top of the forum and everyone who begins the "Clone-loft" battle simply get banned for some time?

8. Erique555

Erique555 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    to everyone who says gameloft steals

WHO THE HELL CARES??! Just because Gameloft seems to be copying well known games like Halo, Gran Turismo, or Resident Evil, who cares?!? You all should be happy that you can be playing "Halo, Resident Evil, or Gran Turismo" on the go with your idevice. Besides, dont you think Gameloft has the rights and have discussed this issue with Capcom or Sony? I mean, the real Resident Evil Degeneration/ 4 Mobile were failures because of the stages/ graphics. So Capcom asked Gameloft to help them! And what about Rayman and Earthworm Jim? There creators all asked Gameloft to help them port the beloved classics to the Idevice! So all of you "haters" should just live with it that there is nothing you can do about to stop Gameloft from helping Sony, Capcom, and others make money. And besides, just because a game looks like a different game, doesnt mean it is the same. It is all about the storyline that makes a game a game, not the graphics.

9. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I'm getting really sick and tired of all the fighting over Gameloft games. If you want to complain about it, create your own thread about it and annoy people there. But this thread was created to discuss Zombie Infection, not to rant about how Gameloft brings games to the iDevice that are like console games. If this continues, I will ask a mod to close the thread or to delete these posts.

Please, can we just get on topic?

10. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Sigh. Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia and this game. Will be a tough time on the ol' wallet.

11. Erique555

Mar 12, 2010
    I know its not right and all but, have you ever considered Jailbreaking...... >:}, its what all the cool kids are doing these days :cool:

12. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    INSTA BAN!!!!!

Ok... well, that's a pretty good chance for a ban. And only on your second post too...

All the cool kids these days are BUYING their apps :cool:.

13. Erique555

Mar 12, 2010
    yeah......... but im not the type of guy who actually reads the terms and agreements and rules etc..

14. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    That's right, dudes. All the cool kids are using their mum's credit cards to buy their games. That's right.

15. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Well this thread has turned into nothing but ranting/arguing quicker than normal.

Before newjorg and the "other people" (which have low posts and have accounts all created either today or yesterday) came along, we were talking about the game, as we should be.

Most of us don't give a sh!t if the game is a "clone", we look forward to the game, we buy the game and then we enjoy the game.

For those of you that do care about gameloft and their clones, go and find/make another thread so you can do all your ranting elsewhere.

16. agssga

agssga Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Hi everbody:D!

Back from a weekend without internet to discover the Zombie Infection thread has become a debate over the morality of the Gameloft knock-off empire:(

Will this pointless debate ever cease?
    Will Gameloft actually pay attention to a bunch of ranting trolls (no)
    Will anyone actually talk about Zombie Infection? Or ANY game at all?

Stay tuned to find out!

17. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Actually I think it died down a bit. I'm going to see if there's any more info about the game to discuss other than the eternal Gameloft Clone debate.

18. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    All the clones are great and if the big companies won't give us the games then gameloft should clone till their hearts content because all of them are good and some are great, who cares where they got their inspiration from and be happy your playing a good game.
    Zombie infection is an instant buy for me

19. agssga

agssga Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Perhaps there will be more discussion about the actual GAME when there are more details avalible. So far I've seen a title, a few screens, and some gameplay details.

I cant wait to see some video or one of Gameloft's cg trailer/intro movies like the ones in MCS, Nova or BIA2:D

20. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    This is instant-buy for me!