Universal Zombie Kill of the Week - Reborn is finally out on iOS!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tagstar, Dec 21, 2015.

1. guzhenjie1

guzhenjie1 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Just like put the widescreen (16:9) into a standard screen (4:3), every icon looks taller than it should be

2. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Fun game, sometimes the gun doesn't seem to shoot, might have to figure that out.

3. Jaydevil

Jaydevil New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    FedEx
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Anyone confirmed if a controller is useable with the game? It's a make or break for me. Was hoping someone could have confirmed by now.

4. REllU

REllU Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Ah yes. That's caused by the new shooting mechanism. I have yet to figure out why is it doing that, but I'll keep my eyes open, and fix it as soon as I can.

Jaydevil:
    I'm not sure if you saw my post from earlier, but anyways. The gamepad support should be working just fine, but as I don't own a gamepad for iOS of my own, I can't say for 100% sure. But even if the gamepas support doesn't work, I will be getting a gamepad soonish and get everything working :)

5. T_McGee

T_McGee New Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Please bring this to Apple TV, this game is perfect for the living room!

6. REllU

REllU Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Not a bad idea!
    I need to take a look how this can be achieved..

7. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I remember the original, how different is this from it?

8. REllU

REllU Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Depends on what you remember. If you remember the _original_ version from 2010, well. A-ton has changed.
    But I'm guessing you're remembering the one from 2013.

ZKW-Reborn has:
    -6 new levels to choose from
    -New "challenge" mode
    -Online multiplayer (which is cross-platform btw. Meaning you can play with your friends who are on PC/Mac/Android)
    -New graphics
    -New audio-engine
    -Cloud-saving (cross-platform as well)
    -Better AI for both, zombies and bots
    -New soundtracks (although they have the same feeling in them)
    -New menu's (makes everything much more clear)
    -And a-lot of stuff that I can't even remember.

In short: A-lot has changed :)

9. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    A lot have changed and happy to play again this gem! My only 2 cents is to make the easy difficulty easier and if possible to make an action button for open doors, buy guns etc (maybe somewhere to the right side near to shooting joystick) so we can reach it with our thumb. Especially on iPad is a little bit difficult to leave entirely this area to move our hand in the middle of the screen for activation or buying guns... When the action is frantic and there is full of zombies this is crucial. Otherwise fantastic game and happy to play it again!!!

10. REllU

REllU Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Yeah, I was actually wondering how the game would run on the "full size" iPad's, as I only own the mini version. I'll make the activation-button re-placeable, so that the players can move it where they please.
    Thank you for the feedback!

11. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Fantastic!!!

12. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Thank you! Buying now!

13. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    #33 Woodrith, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Loving the multiplayer aspect so far, since it's p vs e, the IAP doesn't bother me too much. Though grinding for currency can be a little annoying, especially since the special currency is used for almost everything. Two hours of play has put me up to 77 coins.

The server play is a bit buggy, I have a strong internet connection and speed. I've played vain glory without too many issues, but this game has kicked me out of games and frozen more often, not sure why. Using 1 gen iPad Air, iOS 8.4.

One additional issue I found was usually into 20 plus rounds, some type of weapon glitch. I think due to lag and server connectivity, you go from firing normal amount of rounds to suddenly watching your ammo disappear in 5 seconds or less. The weapon firing sounds also disappear, again mostly happens in continuous rounds, where gameplay is frantic, again likely lag/server issue. I've also checked my internet upload/download speeds, definitely not an issue on my end. I'm also pretty sure I've seen it in a game I hosted as well. For the dev, is it hosted on your server or is it actually hosted by the player? Doesn't change my recommendation.

Otherwise fun little 2-d, cod zombie like game, with daily challenges and leaderboards. No PVP, strictly 4 VS all the zombies. A little more Z variety would be sweet, played up to 44 rounds, got old due to a few set Z sprites. More boss's, maybe every 10 rounds I think would spice things up. If your looking for a fun mobile Z multiplayer game, I'd say it's worth the entry price, with IAP that's not needed, though grinding might feel like it's pushing you to it.

Created a multiplayer thread to help TA members find other TA dudes and gals to host and kill Z's with: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=279126

14. REllU

REllU Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Hey!

Wow, thanks for the feedback!
    Ok, let's start.

-The currency is supposed to be hard to get :) I understand it might be frustrating, when everything is bought with the same ZKW-Points, but this is the path I've chosen to go. Makes things more clear and simple.

-Your device, nor the internet connection are not a problem. I have servers running on Microsoft (they have 1gb upload/download speeds. So the server side is not the problem either) The problem, in most cases, is the host. As ZKW is a cross-platform multiplayer game, there will be players from all devices. People play with mobile, and use their own internet connection, which is usually worse than your typical WiFi would be. I'm not saying my work is perfect by any means either. ZKW is actually my very first online-multiplayer game I've ever made, so there is a-lot for me to improve as well. And I will continue to do so :)

-The sound bug is actually iOS. iOS can only handle up to 32 different sound-effects at any given time, which can cause problems when there are many players, firing all with their miniguns.
    For the lagg part, I have no idea why the ammo disappears, as it certainly shouldn't do that in any situation, and as far as I've played, I've never experienced anything like that. The bullets you shoot, are local, and you see them "in offline"
    And like I said before, the servers are on Microsoft's side, with 1gb upload/download speeds :)

-Unfortunately, graphics cost, and I don't really have that much extra cash laying around :/ There will be a-lot of new zombies, new weapons, levels, clothing, and everything else in the future for sure!

-And again, thank you for the feedback!
    PS. If you see a guy named "Pekkanen" around in ZKW, say hi! It's me :)

15. REllU

REllU Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Just to let everyone here know:

I've just updated the multiplayer servers of ZKW. This should fix a-lot of weird bugs and glitches on the multiplayer side, as well as make everything a tad smoother.
    The update was done today, and I'll be monitoring the servers for a few days, to see that everything goes nicely.

I'll also be updating the iOS version of ZKW within a week or two from now. I have been ill for the last few days, so I haven't had the time, or energy, to work on the game right now, but just wanted to let everyone know I haven't forgotten the game :)

If you like ZKW, and would like to know what's up with me, and with ZKW, I'd suggest you all to follow Still Running on
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StillrunningGame/
    And Twitter: https://twitter.com/StillRunningZKW

16. REllU

REllU Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #36 REllU, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    Heyoh everyone!

ZKW-Reborn was just updated to iOS!
    With this update, the stability has been improved on older devices, and code has been optimized to reduce lag as much as possible.
    It's now alao possible to move the "USE" button in the HUD for iPad players. All sorts of bugs have been also fixed.

Go and slay some zombies!

EDIT:
    Oh dangit! I've just noticed a horrible bug within the new build, which makes the weapons bullets useless.. This will be fixed asap! I'm so sorry!

17. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Multi player only? Looks Great, more outdoor levels would make it even more fun from the little I saw, any story mode by any chance? That game looks to have so much potential, I love the style, I'll probably get it later on if it has a solo mode as I can't always play for long recently and I don't like quitting a multi game as it's always a burden for other players.

18. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It definitely has a solo mode. I haven't played too much of this game yet but where did you get multiplayer only?

19. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Well it's written nowhere in the app description and as everyone is talking about multi only I was just wondering ^^. Thank you for the info, I'll buy it thanks to you

20. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Awesome! I think you will like it. I know I did.