Zombie Road Trip - test & WIN PRIZES

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Toolism_spokko, Oct 25, 2012.

1. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Saw that might try that fast car first sine I'm not up to the truck money yet. How did it handle flips?

2. Toolism_spokko

Toolism_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Very nice progress Kofiaa!:) Do you think you can make it to 100,000 m in distance?

3. mafiiee

mafiiee Active Member

Oct 29, 2010
    California
    Interested to beta test ^^ thank you :)

4. Kofiaa

Kofiaa Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Student
    Aberdeen, UK
    :D The super car is very fast. Bought it with the brain coins i got from my 100k run. 150k is another issue, I had some close calls even getting to 99k. Game Center records will make this game very competitive.

Attached Files:

5. MikeSz_spokko

MikeSz_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Congrats ! You won the prize ;) Let me know what can we get for you ;)

6. spikeyflip

spikeyflip Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Heya Mike ^^

Got an error when I tried posting to facebook. The error says "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.facebook.sdk error 2.)

7. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    Where you logged into Facebook in your phone settings at the time ?

Also - did it crash or you just got a typical iOS error message (the blue popup) and the app was working after dismissing it ?

8. Kofiaa

Kofiaa Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Student
    Aberdeen, UK
    Also had this problem, nothing happened, facebook crashed. I assumed those features were disabled because of the beta testing.

And is "more games" supposed to take us to the ticket spin thing?

9. spikeyflip

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    My Facebook app is logged into my account.

The app didn't crash, it was an iOS message right after a title message stating that it cannot post to facebook. I was able continue with the app after selecting ok.

10. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    No, not at all. This will go to the "more games" offerwall ;)

Ok, thanks for letting us know. We'll investigate

11. spikeyflip

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Hey guys,

I found a gameplay crash. the bug loops from the facebook "app permisson" page to the spokko boot screen.

a) select SHOP.
    b) select "Like" ZRT on Facebook".
    c) goes to the facebook "app permission" page.
    d) I get an error message.
    e) select ok.
    Bug: I return to the spokko boot up screen and alternates between the facebook error page and spokko screen indefinitely.

I've only done it once as the like option on the SHOP menu didn't appear anymore.

12. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    Well, we've had another look at the Facebook stuff and it seems like this is not an error at all, but rather the fact that since the game was not released - the Facebook component is in the developer mode. Meaning it will only work on exactly four devices that we've authorized as developer devices on Facebook ;)

So yeah - we will look at it once more just to be sure there won't be any surprises after the actual launch, but until then Facebook components just won't work

Thanks for helping us on this one !

13. spikeyflip

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Just some minor issues I noticed.

1) On the gadgets menu, the order of prices is not consistent with the cars or weapons menu (i.e. prices go from low to high on the weapons and cars, the gadgets are all over).

2) on the results screen. There's a coil icon and it looks like it's supposed to be a lottery icon instead?

3) achievements: is it possible to add more achievements like buy and upgrade all cars, upgrade all weapons, etc?

4) have you guys ever discussed about using a single "spin/flip" control as opposed to the 2 front flip/back flip controls? for me personally, it's awkward handling my iPhone when playing the game. I think a single control would greatly help.

Great game so far! Been playing it more than bejeweled which says a lot hehe.

14. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    Haha, yeah it is. Never actually thought about it ;) Will try to put them in order tomorrow

I'm not sure what you mean. The one on the far right ?
    There is no lottery icon on this screen, at least not direct one. Basically when you earn a lottery ticket the "continue" button will be covered with a dead bird (since birds carry the tickets)

Should be. Not sure how many achievement points do we have left. But definitely a very good idea !

You mean like a slider on one side, that you can use both to turn left and right, depending where you touch ? Yes, we did. None of the few alpha testers liked it, we didn't like it either. It reduced the amount of GUI items on the screen, but it didn't feel as precise as the one we're using. We also used accelerometer originally but again - simply not as precise. From the very beginning we wanted this game to feel very, very precise and we decided to remove the other control schemes. At least for now - and as you can see, Options screen is a bit too large for what's there currently ;) So that's still a possibility, but probably not on release

Thank you ! You logged over 3 hours, nice !

15. spikeyflip

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Heya Mike

Disregard number 2. Sorry the coil is part of that background and it just appears to line up to the continue button ^^;;

16. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    ;)

Well, you motivated me to rewrite a significant portion of save system - a job I absolutely hated, but was desperately needed ;) Gadgets will appear in correct order from now on ;)

17. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I noticed that when using the Fast Car with the big wheels, the front left wheel sticks out and does not look right. I think it's an animation mistake or oversight

18. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    Yes, the car is too small to handle such big wheels. We know it's that way but our reasoning is that big wheels are a gadgets and shouldn't have higher priority then the physics of the "normal" car. In order to "fix" this we'd have to make the car larger, but that would make it less fun to drive with normal wheels. Sometimes fixing one thing would break a more important one and you just have to make a compromise - this is one of such cases

19. spikeyflip

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    #79 spikeyflip, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    On the Stats page, there seems to be some inconsistencies. It shows I have 0 triple and 0 double kills but I'm certain I have at least a double and triple kill. Also, the crap landings stat is not correct as it shows I have 4 only but I have more than 4 crap landings. Lastly, text error on triple kills. It says "tripple" ^^

Add: Also noticed the total time played. Is that in min? I think it would be more better if it's set up in a days:hours:mins format :)

20. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    Fixing, fixing, fixing ;) Thanks !

We'll see what we can do

There will actually be one more beta later today - or actually a Release Candidate - with everything as close to the final version as possible