Zombie Road Trip - test & WIN PRIZES

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Toolism_spokko, Oct 25, 2012.

1. MikeSz_spokko

MikeSz_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Update ;)

Done

Any other small things that you've noticed ?

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Cars with colour changes.

3. spikeyflip

spikeyflip Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Sweet :) Nothing so far other than those I've already mentioned. Been trying to unlock and upgrade all cars and weapons.

4. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    Not in the cards, sorry

5. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    Will elaborate a bit more on the topic:

In case of Zombie Road Trip - basically it was never planned, our game doesn't support it, assets were not made with that in mind etc. So this is simply not going to happen, however we almost certainly will add more cars in future (provided the game doesn't fail a big time, but who would want that ?)

This is something we might consider for the next game, but still rather unlikely. If you allow colouring, then you can't have an interesting "artsy" details on the cars, as they might look bad when the overall colour of the car is changed

PS: Suggestions about possible cars, weapons, gadgets etc are certainly welcome !

6. Toolism_spokko

Toolism_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    The final version of the game has just been sent out. Test away guys:)

7. mafiiee

mafiiee Active Member

Oct 29, 2010
    California
    First time (3mins) i played (and will play more later!) i loved the concept already but.. i kinda hate when the gun reloads.. I wish it could fire continously? Or maybe add a warning that there's a zombie approaching because sometimes i play without sounds so i cant really tell when theres a zombie so i always miss it..
    XD well i know that would make the game easier lol so its okay. :) graphics and sounds are great on my ipod 5 ^^ so far no crashes :D goodluck!

8. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    That's what the upgrades are for ;)

Great ! We never tested it on iPhone 5 internally :p Don't have it yet ;)

9. Kofiaa

Kofiaa Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Student
    Aberdeen, UK
    my progress...noooooo

how about a horde nuke, after you reach 1ook so that if they catch up you have 2 seconds to activate it on screen before you are caught, giving the player a second chance. reaching 1ook isn't easy at all.

10. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Suggestion of a car:golden car
    Costs an insane amount of money

11. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    1 nuke a match

12. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    A consummable single-use second chance nuke button ? Interesting idea :)

@ DannyTheElite - the question was more about a general style or type of the car. Right now we have things like a cop car, mustang, hummers etc with the 2 "golden cars" being Truck and Super Car. We have some ideas of what would be fun to have in the game (ambulance ? fire truck ?) but it's always great to hear your opinions

@ Kofiaa - sorry about resetting the progres... But it had to be done. The original save system was a mess and had a potential of ruining your progress later on - in the final game. It just had to go. The new system is much more stable and much easier to maintain

For those interested - in the old system cars were identified by numbers like 'car_05' and this '05' at the same time identified which position it would have in the garage. This was a really bad approach as for example changing the order of the cars in the garage would completely break the existing save. A real mess, but not mine ;) The new system conforms with the MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture and will allow us to do all the cool things in the future updates

So why I apologize for the lost progress - better to do it to a few testers than do it after the game is released ;)

13. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    +10000000 on firetruck and ambulance
    Maybe a f1 style car even faster than the super.

14. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    They took away my Caddy and my Fast Car whaaaaaaa, I miss the 1000 spin, but I like that it has more options now

15. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    We had a heated discussion about the prizes today - the decision was to remove the '1000' and give more smaller winning options. It just feels... more fair ;)

16. spikeyflip

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Looks the stats is updating correctly now :)

dreadnok: Caddy and Fast Car (you mean Super?) is still in there, they just reorganize the selection.

17. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    I think he meant that his progress was deleted ;)

18. spikeyflip

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Some issues I noticed for the .60 build.

1) only happened twice so far but the pop up ads appeared just when I started the game. Not sure if that is intended but I'd rather have those pop up on the main menu instead.

2) also happened twice, I was experiencing gameplay slowdown during my entire run. This happened with my iPhone at less than 10% power.

19. SteakfryOne

SteakfryOne Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Hey, it's been a while since I posted on this thread, I've been pretty busy. I have no problem with the progress restart. Hey, I still get a pretty good head start compared to the people who actually get the game later at release. I'm not complaining. Anyway, I found a similar game called Earn to Die. The core mechanics are the same, driving, flipping, and killing zombies, but Earn to Die is more level based from what I've seen. I haven't tried it, so I don't know for sure, but I don't think it has endless mode. If I'm right, then ZRT has more replay value. Either way, ZRT is more approachable IMO. I'm still playing this a lot and I don't think I'll buy EtD anytime soon. Keep up the good work.

20. jayjayjay

jayjayjay Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    im ready for the test