Universal Zombie Tsunami - (by Mobigame)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 31, 2012.

1. Mobigame

Mobigame Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
    Yes this game is free, see yourself: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombie-tsunami/id529652920?l=en&mt=8

I am sorry but those your critics are not honest, and it's not fair for other people reading the thread and for us. When we updated the game to make it free, can you tell us what happened exactly? We offered you 6,000 coins because you were an early adopter, and it was explained in the update description. Actually we offered you more than $1. And yes we added 2 backgrounds, 2 bonus, 200 missions, we translated the game in 6 languages, and we added ads because it helps us to improve the game.

We believe it's fair. If you follow us since our beginning on the AppStore you know who we are and what we do. If you played EDGE 1.0 with 21 levels, can you remind us how many levels you got in free updates all along the years? And how does it work on your iPhone 5? Same for Cross Fingers and Perfect Cell.

In this thread I read mainly critics! The game is too expensive for you, you want everything for free, you don't want to see ads, etc. But I never read anything positive. When we release an update, how many of you posted something like "hey those new levels in EDGE are really cool, thanks!" or "Thanks for the new bonus in Zombie Tsunami and for the 6,000 free coins", or "The new dynamic zoom is great on my iPad!" or "Thanks for adding anti aliasing and adjusting Perfect Cell to fit my iPhone 5 screen", etc.

We respect you a lot, and we believe we deserve the same respect, or we will just leave this forum. If you need help with our games, we always answer to all emails we receive at our support (see on our website: www.mobigame.net)

2. Mobigame

Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
    Hi awp69, that's clearly not what we did, I am sorry if other people here are giving false informations. IAPs have always been in the game since the first day, but you can still play it without buying anything. The game is free since August 2012. Ads are in the game since November. If Phoenix24 and sink_or_swim really bought the game, they know it and they also received more than $1 in the game in August, because we respect our early adopters and we had to do something special for them.

Nevertheless, we can detect early adopters only if they did not delete the game since the first day, and we can remove ads for them. But I am pretty sure it will not concern anyone here, so you are making a lot of noise for nothing.

3. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't really understand the new Tsunami powerup. Is there a skill involved, or is it just "tap very fast to keep the wave high"? It seems that there's no risk of losing zombies while you have the powerup active, and everything hit by the wave is safely destroyed.

4. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Sorry... This was a game that I really enjoyed. You want positives? It is a fun way to spend some time, the look is fun and the missions made it fun to keep trying (even the very stupid "lose 15 zombies in a hole on the first board" mission -- which I hated). It was always nice to see new background (though they don't add anything to the game), and the new power ups were good. It was a game that I went to at least a couple of time a week and was nearly at the very final trophy.

But now I'm completely turned off to the game because of the poor way you've handled this situation. I'm guessing the English isn't your first language, and that's fine, but get someone at the company that knows how to handle PR. If you've followed things in the app world you know that one of the biggest gripes people have is when a dev puts ads into a game that didn't have them before. The backlash should have been anticipated. And, to a certain extent, you did. But now getting mad at people because they are complaining about the new update is horrible.

All it would've taken is a simple understanding that those who paid for the game int he beginning (like myself) might be unhappy. You have given coins, but it's still another step that we have to do. Is it a tough one? No. But we have burned many times by devs adding ads into game that we've paid for and it's not fun.

I was inclined to just download and move on, but the tone that has been taken by the company has lead me to delete the game. The mood of your posts has been that we as gamers are stupid and undeserving of your greatness. That we should bow down and kiss your feet for new backgrounds.

But in the end it's just a simple run and jump game where once you start you just keep doing the same thing until you lose all of your zombies. Did I enjoy the game? Yeah... it is a nice diversion. Are there others out there like it. Most definitely. Do I need someone to tell me that I should just shut up and be grateful? No.

Good bye Zombie Tsunami.

5. Mobigame

Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
    Keep the wave high to gather more civilian, coins, etc. But yes that's a very cool bonus, you can't lose any zombie. It only lasts a little less time than other bonuses if you don't upgrade it with the time skill.

6. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    #206 McCREE, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
    LOL.

I've bought all your games. I didn't wait for them to go free, I paid for them.

This post lost you a customer. Never again.

EDIT: furthermore, you didn't give me $1. You gave me 6000 useless e-coins and then made everything they are able to purchase more expensive. You took a game that I paid for and, like so many other manipulative developers, changed it into something I wouldn't have downloaded for free, much less spent money on. And you want me to be grateful? To show you respect? You know what I would respect? If you ACTUALLY gave me my dollar back.

You want to know why people are being critical in this thread? It's because this game isn't what they paid for. If you don't like people being critical of your decisions, maybe you should stop making poor choices and screwing over your fanbase and then playing the victim when it blows up in your face.

What a joke.

Never again.

7. Mobigame

Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
    Hi QuickWit, thanks for the kind words, it would have been better if you said that before, but thanks. My first answer, which was a bad joke obviously, was wrong, and I accept your critics. But what about all the cool features we added in the game? It's not about PR or my mother tongue, we are just chatting here.

Guys, we can still remove the ads for the few of you who paid the game, but I guess it's not the point anymore, is it? In the end I'm sure you like what we added in the game and you understand why we added ads, otherwise we could not have added those new features in the game.

My point is, we always have been listening to you guys, just see how we improved the game. As you may know there was a critical bug in the app this week, and the worst is, it was not our fault. We worked hard to make it work again and we sincerely apologize for this. I was exhausted and the first thing I read here is a rant about the ads, which have been in the game for 4 months now (and the IAP have always been in the game). At first I thought you were not serious, why talking about that 4 months later? I probably answered too quickly.

I'm not getting mad at people about the new update. The ads are in the game since November, and I did not read anything here about the new update actually, except the question asked by thenightfly42. I am getting mad at people about their tone on this forum in general. Can you give me that?

MacCRE: that's exactly my point, this game is not what they pay for. We added a lot of stuff into it, including ads but not only. And not simple improvements or new levels, but real new contents of all sorts. It's why I asked you to be fair and respectful of our work. If I accept your critics, can you accept mine? If you want a refund, contact our support, but trolling here will not help. Maybe my words were not the good ones, I am sorry. Do you know many devs who would answer you here on a Saturday? Do you really think we don't care about our players?

At last, did you try the new update (and not the update of November 2012)? Sincerelly, do you like it or not, that's the only question that should matter.

8. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    The ads don't really bother me and if it helps support the devs so they can add new content then so be it. It's a dollar to buy coins and get rid of the ads ? What's the big deal spend a dollar then. If you are complaining you obviously like the game enough so just spend another dollar and support the devs. The game was cheap as it is for $.99

9. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    The civilians in vehicles. They have numbers. What are they?

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The number of zombies you need in your team to knockout the vehicle and turn everyone in it to a zombie. If you dont have enough zombies, you need to jump over it.

11. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    What is it with the coin doubler i bought it in june 2014 but after i reinstalled it i no longer have it and have to rebuy it?

12. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
  13. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    # cool, 4 years later & still rockin' with updates! I love you Mobigame!
    Thanks!!!

What's next Mobi?

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Definitely a big surprise. :)

I have never deleted this on my 4S, so... YAY! Time to play it again!

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #215 Jayg2015, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    What a surprise
    This update turned in old classic into a fresh new game.
    A lot of hours going into this now

16. Zivicus

Zivicus Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Stoked on the new update. Been playing this game for years. Weird thing though.... When I updated I got two icons on my home screen. One is dark and can't be used the other is normal. Game still plays just strange having to icons for the same game. And thanks Mobigames for fighting the tyranny of abandoned apps!!!

17. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Great Update!!!

18. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Send...more...paramedics

19. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    We..need..you to send...more..paramedics

20. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Thank You Mobi

In a time where simplicity pleases the senses to paint moving masterpieces all we need now other than the perfection that we see,
    We still need you to
    Send..more..paramedics