iPad ZombieSmash!- awesome castle defence game ($0.99 Sale) [v2.1 Online Multiplayer]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jak56, Mar 16, 2010.

1. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    does it run smooth on a first gen ipod ?

2. Symbolist

Symbolist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Once was a writer; then AS became to overwhelming
    Game Impressions

Maybe testing lasted for too long and testers have been to hardcore in the end - but this game is to hard for me. No fun. Needs balancing. Why do I need more than one grenade to kill the fat zombie, as an example?

3. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    That was me. Thanks for answering my question and for other inquiring minds! I can't wait for updates or anything else you guys develop in the future! Keep up the awesome work! [​IMG]

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That is all! The game is gold.

5. Syao

Syao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    So how's the game people? Worth buying?

6. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

We know that the game is not the easiest on the App Store. That was never our goal. We like challenging games.

About Bruno (the big zombie): Most of the time he needs more than one grenade, thats right. One grenade is enough to kill normal zombies. Bruno is tougher. I think when you give the level you are stuck some more tries, you will know how to handle it. Its not that hard.

7. Bankai44

Dec 27, 2009
    With your mom
    Oh yeah! Worth every penny! ;)

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    How does the "Powered Up Flick" thing work as hinted at in the initial instructions? I've picked up many a zombie and just held them in place hoping to "charge something up" but I haven't noticed any clear feedback if this is what I was meant by the instructions. :confused:

9. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

It means that you can smash the zombies on the ground to make more damage. The harder the crush on the floor the worse for them

10. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    So no one has had my same problem?

11. Bankai44

Dec 27, 2009
    With your mom
    Have you tried removing it and then re-downloading it?

12. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    If the game keeps crashing on you then try restarting the iPhone/iPod. Hold the power until it says slide to power off then do so. Once it is off hold the power button to start it up again.

If that doesn't fix it delete it from the device and download it again.

I'm really enjoying it but I also find it kind of hard. :( For some reason when I try to flick them they never seem to go very high unless I'm flicking very slowly and by doing this I end up having tons of zombies trying to tear appart my house. :mad:

Really fun game though I just have to get better I guess. Love the slow motion kills at the end. :D

13. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Don't throw the grenade at him, but hold it near his head! Wait for it to explode while you are holding it, boom Bruno dead :p

14. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    yeah tried it all and it didnt work!

15. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I'm very glad to see the game on the App Store, it's a must buy for the castle defense (and/or zombies) lovers :)

Bruno is hard to master but who said that zombies are guys who die easily? :p I find the game well balanced but some parts are difficult because you have to throw tons of zombies with your left hand. After level 20, I die a lot because of this :p

I beat the campaign on normal this afternoon (I'm a beta, so I didn't need to learn how to use the different weapons efficiently), so now I've to try to survive on Hard and on Endless.
    The game is complete with gorgeous ragdoll effects and great gameplay. It's not repetitive and I hope there will be new weapons / zombies / months / surprises on the next updates :)

16. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

@Zaz: I hope you like the little gift you get for mastering the campaign :)

17. r0x0r

r0x0r Active Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Germany
    Bought the game via ITunes on PC and is working well on my Ipod 3G 32Gb.
    Great game... for me the best Tower Defence game so far.

18. Bankai44

Dec 27, 2009
    With your mom
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but are there any plans in future updates to allow you to use the zombies on each other? Like other castle defence games, you can throw the enemies at each other and kill them that way.

Also, perhaps as another idea...maybe a potion/or gas to drop on them to make them "turn" on each other. It'd be cool to see one zombie ripping apart or chomping down on another zombie :p

19. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Yes :p (it's better than just an achievement).

I needed more stars for a tiny purchase so I restarted the last levels on normal. Zombies appear totally randomly so even if it's the same level, I can play it 20 times without being bored.

20. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    I'm really happy to see this on app store and it was great beta testing it. For people saying it's too hard, go back to early levels and get some stars and upgrade the power ups in the store.