Zombiewood (Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    This is definitely a freemium title. It had that menu on top which is present on all freemium title like their Dungeon Hunter 3.

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It is freemium. That's been confirmed. For definite by Gameloft pr.
    I said that on the previous page.

3. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA

Isn't it amazing that the paymium games rarely get mentioned once the Gameloft bashing begins.

4. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    But still... Even payed Gameloft games have IAPs...

5. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    The quality of a freemium games gameplay and/or reward system, at least for me, is nearly always ruined by the fact that it's freemium, therefore having a sharp learning/ grinding curve so a fun game can be made not fun to play because it won't change until you A. Give into the pressure and buy an IAP (which you'll have to do again and again until you reach the best weapons/ level) or B. grind for anywhere fron 50 hours to 500 hours to get to the best weapons/ highest level. Which ruins the gameplay experience, as for the first, you have no sense of accomplishment and it's just too easy, and for the later, the sense of accomplishment is dulled by the 50 hours you spend to get it, and wears off as you go for the next epic item.

6. metalslime

metalslime Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Looks like another Minigore clone that's probably not as good.

7. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Looks Cool keep it up its like Gun Bros which I really like. Big fan of duel stick shooters.

8. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Ok another Gameloft game, and freemium to boot! I'll pass

9. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    #29 defred34, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    You hit it right on the money there. I have played games where I got myself the max amount of IAPs and the game was a snoozefest, so much so you regret making the purchase.

And at the same time, I've played freemium games w/o splashing a dime and it is so frustratingly difficult you know the difficulty has been faked.

The problem with consumable-dependant freemium games (these form almost 90% of all the freemium games out there) is that the balance is artificial. The developer can claim however much that the balance is perfect, bla bla bla, but we all know that to not be the truth.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I agree, i'm no fan of freemium games but i blame the users not Gameloft and other companies. I've seen it countless times about some 99c game 'Hmm i'll wait to hear opinions....', hello its 99c !!

People wait for games to be free, the devs dont make any money. Freemium seems to be the way to go as people stupidly dont like forking out 99c or 1.99 for a game but seem quite happy to download a 'free' game and then spend a fortune on IAP's ?!?!

If we all bought paid games instead of waiting for them to be free i think you'll see less and less freemium. But its 'our' fault, created a monster as too many people were too cheap to buy a game and have to wait for it to be free. You read about it all the time, a games 99c, has 200 downloads, they change it to free and suddenly theres 8000 downloads ! Unbelievable

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Minigore Zombies or this possibly freemium cr@p? Yeah not a tough choice... Was looking forward to an FPS Horror Shooter with the funny hints and stuff, but instead they release this...

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #32 Rip73, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    ^ exactly right.
    I can think of an even better example.
    A real good game released and hit about 18,000 downloads.
    It wasn't enough to maintain online gameplay.
    So they went free for a week to boost online numbers (and probably lost money in the process).
    Hit 1 million downloads in the week they were free.
    Now that's just crazy because the quality of it was very high but the consumer wouldn't actually pay for it but was happy to take it for free.
    Now that particular developer might simply have to go freemium in the future despite their own resistance to the freemium model.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Was this game trigger fist?

14. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Yeah the freemium was totally a result of the race to the bottom

15. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    They said the reason they went free.

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Wouldn't really be right to say which one it was.
    There are many, many examples of the same thing unfortunately.

17. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #37 WCFields, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    post deleted

18. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    wrong thread