Zombox

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by zombox, Oct 12, 2011.

1. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Collectible coins (Zombucks) have been added to the Zombox world, which are dropped by zombies after they are killed. Eventually, you'll be able to use them to purchase weapons and items from NPCs

Also, empty areas of the city have been populated with grass, trees and other foliage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChuckMe

ChuckMe Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Australia
    This just keeps getting better each time I open up this thread. Keep up the good work :)

3. jeanreno

jeanreno Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    Need to play this so bad! Damn you!

4. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    This week in Zombox development.....primping up the environment with some more exterior props, as well as adding some sounds!

[​IMG]

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Does it have an aim assist option like Minigore? Sword fighting seems a little difficult.

6. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    #46 Trysis3, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
    would like to see more weapons like a minigun ,flamethrower ,grenade launcher ,dual UZI ,exploading crossbow and some sci-fi weapons etc...
    also some falling snow

7. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    There is a small amount of aim assist that occurs when you're aiming towards a zombie....it'll correct your angle within a 10-15 degree threshold.

8. jeanreno

jeanreno Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    Looking better with every video! Just wondering, does Apple have guidelines on blood? Don't want it to get rejected :(

9. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    I think I'm fine...there are plenty of other games on the app store (both with zombies and without) that have lots of blood.

If it really comes down to them rejecting it because of that, all I have to do is turn it green...then it's slime, not blood :D

10. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    lol good one. :D

11. mynameisjesse

mynameisjesse Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Not many games excite me enough to post on here much anymore but I keep checking this thread when it pops up.

Coming along really nice now. Melee weapons are fun for a bit, just make sure we have a good amount of guns/projectile weapons.

Will you have to search around for new weapons?

12. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Thanks Jesse,

There are about a dozen different types of guns in the game, but they're scarce (as they would be in any city). There are gun shops and police stations in the city that you can find them in, though.

Also, eventually you'll be able to meet NPCs in the game who will trade weapons for cash. That'll be the main place players will want to go for those hard-to-find items.

13. SouperSauce

SouperSauce Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Roseville, CA, US
    Questions

Will the Day/ Night sytem have any effect on zombies? Do clothes give you stat changes? And how do you get vehicles/ how many will there be? i hope i see a motorcycle. The game reminds me a lot of dead rising :)

14. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    The day night system will have an effect on zombies, yes.

As for clothes, yep...they're there for aesthetic appeal and to modify your stats. They'll affect strength, defense, etc.

15. SouperSauce

SouperSauce Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Roseville, CA, US
    very Cool. Cant wait :)

16. zombiesmoke

zombiesmoke Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Whoa, this is like Survival Crisis Z!

17. Kehaan

Kehaan Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Will you be possible to place objects in the game? Will there be a crafting system?

18. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Yes to both. You'll be able to build shelters/buildings, and there are already craftable weapons (although I haven't implemented the crafting UI yet, so you don't see them in these videos).

19. Kehaan

Kehaan Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Wow, thanks! Cant wait. Looking forward to the game. It will be a instant buy :)

From Kehaan

20. SouperSauce

SouperSauce Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Roseville, CA, US
    few more questions- will blood be able to be turned off? can you team up with any NPC's? Is there an end to the game? And thst little head in the top- is that health, but youre invincible in these videos? if so, you should make the head get bloodier as you die.